Superiority complex or confidence booster?

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I can't help it but I'm almost always conscious of my cock, so much so that, whatever company I'm in (bar, restaurant, meeting or whatever) I get a lift out of knowing (statistically) I'm probably - almost assuredly - more blessed than most/all of the other guys present.

My resulting confidence and feeling of well-being is quite tangible.

It's such a little thing (no pun intended), yet I can't help but count my blessings even when I may be relatively low on the guest-list pecking order, otherwise.

Is this normal or am I just too cocky for words?

Reactions: Adavis08

D_Dick_S_Lapp

Account Disabled
Media
In the grand sense of the word yeah your normal. Problem is, you'll run into some pitfalls if that's the only think your confident in. Also no pun tended but i'm told that you have to have confidence in the whole package (being you not just your package). If it is just your package (not the whole package but your meat) then what happens when someone isn't satisfied by it? Or you seem someone bigger?

I say normal because insecurity is normal. Everyone tears themselves to shreds to become the ideal _____ or _____. It just gets unhealthy when there's nothing else. Or at least that's my two cents.

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
In the grand sense of the word yeah your normal. Problem is, you'll run into some pitfalls if that's the only think your confident in. Also no pun tended but i'm told that you have to have confidence in the whole package (being you not just your package). If it is just your package (not the whole package but your meat) then what happens when someone isn't satisfied by it? Or you seem someone bigger?

I say normal because insecurity is normal. Everyone tears themselves to shreds to become the ideal _____ or _____. It just gets unhealthy when there's nothing else. Or at least that's my two cents.

Good points, well made.

Thanks for your input.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i can't imagine getting my confidence from a body part. mine comes from having intellect and integrity. i have big tits but, seriously, it's just lumps of meat.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it's fairly common for men and women to feel a certain pride/confidence when it comes to their body-parts. Particularly, if they believe that part to be more unique, more of a rarity and possibly more attractive than the norm. It's a double-sided coin, of course. Those who feel the body-part(s) in question are less than satisfactory in some way, whether it be size, shape or appearance - feel far less-confident as a result. As we know from history, people have been successful in many forms and appearance hasn't altered that success for a lot of them. Even with that knowledge, people are still greatly bothered by their body. Confidence is all in the mind - it just needs to be unlocked. We are visually-focused creatures and as a result, instinctively see our bodies as our biggest problem.

We find flaws, aim for improvement and generally hope to be 'better'. It doesn't matter what the body looks like, it's how the body should look, in the owner's mind. There's a fine-line between cockiness and confidence. When that out-going nature, the pride, is achieved through the body; cockiness is often more in control than confidence. For many people (in my opinion), the 'body is best' attitude will fade fairly quickly - if it was ever there at all. They realise there's more to a person than that. Sometimes, they'll grow depressed when they see the truth and in time, that kick-starts a more productive life. Or, they may remain happy as they are but through a friend, loved-one or life-changing decision gradually grow wiser and subconsciously, at least - happier.

We all want to be better - strive for greater things. The problem is when that desire (body or mind) dominates your life. As Ms Dolfette said, confidence doesn't come from a body-part - it's just lumps of meat. It's different for everybody, but I feel no better or worse in my skin. There are sometimes things I don't like about my body, yes - but it doesn't get to me. I know that deep-down, I'm a man - viewed differently by everyone. Not just my body, but everything about me. Why focus all your passion and confidence onto a body-part/characteristic when the next person might hate it? As long as you remain true to yourself, it doesn't matter. We find true love, friends and happiness by being ourselves and having confidence in who we are. So, whatever quality it may be - physical or not - you're still a unique human-being. That's what makes you happy. That's what gives you true confidence - being yourself.

pcghabsy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
i can't imagine getting my confidence from a body part. mine comes from having intellect and integrity. i have big tits but, seriously, it's just lumps of meat.

I feel the same way. It's just something you are born with, you just accept it and move along. Confidence/pride can be derived from things that you have actually worked towards. I could understand someone being proud of their toned bodies after putting hundreds of hours in the gym, but penis size? Nah does not compute. That said, it is fairly common from what I have read around these forums so I guess I am the outlier.

LilJock

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Normal? Or too cocky for words? Depends on how far you take it. If everyone thinks you're a conceited moron, perhaps you've gone too far.

But I don't think within limits there's anything wrong with it. I can relate. I'm tall, fairly good-looking, and have a pretty good body (but hung like a chipmunk). I know women (and men) find me attractive ("Hunky"). I enjoy that and know it gives me advantages. It beats being ugly. I practice unassuming modesty. :biggrin1:

But I also know that it'll only take you so far. And will only last for so long. To really build and maintain good friendships and romantic relationships (including marriage), you need a whole lot more than looks (or a big cock). Personality, character and consideration for others come to mind. Of course, if all else fails, a big wallet helps. (How else can you explain Donald Trump? It can't be his hair!)

So if having a big cock floats your boat, great. Just don't get carried away with it. Or yourself.

B_ILIW

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
if that what makes you confident, so be it.

I would say though that confidence should be well-rooted, and not flippantly based.

B_quiet_man

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Is this normal or am I just too cocky for words?

Funny, I'd never thought this way myself. I'm definately bigger than average, and most people that have seen my cock hard have said it was big, but I don't walk around thinking it makes me better than other people.

Maybe I should? Just to give myself an ego-boost? It's probably better than telling myself I'm crap.