Superman Returns

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Superman started out as one of my first superheros to watch, but that changed when the 80's rolled in & began reading, watching & viewing anything & everything about SPIDERMAN. The only time I didn't watch it was the rather not so flattering TV version in the late 70's.

Wonderboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Spider-Man is brilliant.

Superman is so so. Spider-Man has issues and all sorts of conflicts. And better powers. Mary Jane is hotter than Lois Lane...etc.

I'm not going to see this new film. It won't be better than the Christopher Reeves films. The first being the best and second being okay. Superman III sucked.

If Venom is in any new Spider-Man film that will be my favourite movie of all time! Venom is so bad ass.

http://www.keystar-r-s.com/reviews/pics/comics/marvel/Venom.jpg

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Wonderboy said:
Spider-Man is brilliant.

Superman is so so. Spider-Man has issues and all sorts of conflicts. And better powers. Mary Jane is hotter than Lois Lane...etc.

I'm not going to see this new film. It won't be better than the Christopher Reeves films. The first being the best and second being okay. Superman III sucked.

If Venom is in any new Spider-Man film that will be my favourite movie of all time! Venom is so bad ass.

http://www.keystar-r-s.com/reviews/pics/comics/marvel/Venom.jpg

Ah, you are adorible, Wonderboy....:biggrin1:

Venom is in the 3rd spiderman....Played by Topher Grace:eek: There isn't going to be much on him.. the real focus is on the SANDMAN.:biggrin1:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Mattness said:
The new Superman Returns movie is AWFUL. Idiotic story, bad special effects (very cartoon-like) and totally unneccesary. They should have just remade the original movie (a la what they did with the EXCELLENT "Omen").

WOW, MATTNESS....

I couldn't disagree MORE.

The special effects were decent, it was just that Cape... it made them look fake. But to say that OMEN was good... my god, buddy!! You may as well have said that Carrots taste better when you dip them in peanutbutter and shit.:biggrin1:

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!

I saw it first with Mrs. Lex and then I took the kids.
It was OKAY. The effects were great and its awesome to see what they do--but it's also been done by now.

I really ONLY liked Superman in this movie. None of the other characters worked for me. NONE. Not Jimmy or Lois or even Lex.

Superman does not work as well as other comic characters because all of the motivation, drama and irony is EXTERNAL to the character. UGH. None if it is built in so it all seems so contrived. They made a SAD Superman Movie. WHY?

Spiderman is a conflicted science geek. He will always have science geeky experiments-gone-wrong villians to fight as he figures his way into adulthood.

X-Men are outcasts. Nuff Said.

Batman--what makes a man born to riches so disturbed that he wages a war on criminals when he could party and get laid all day everyday.

Fantastic Four are adventurers. Plot ahead accordingly and get as ridiculous as you like. Silver Surfer--come on down!!

Does Superman need a SON? Really? He does?

Why would it take him 5 years to go to Krypton and get back? Oh, RIGHT-so Lois could have his SON. It sure did not take him 5 years to get he via that space craft that Jor-el made, did it?

Superman is a Christ Figure and an Adoption Story. Any other theme imposed upon the story is STRETCHING. Majorly.

The Matrix pretty much did everything he can ever do already--be a savior, save the world, fight all types of badguys, etc. Neo, anyone?

The sad part is that, as originally conceived, he was more Super-MAN than omnipotent being.

I can only hope that we bring some super-powerful villians into the next one (if there is one) and leave the fighting of businessmen to Batman, okay?

UGH.

Also--Kevin Spacey SUCKED in this role. He SO thought he was channeling Julian McMahon as Dr. Doom and he so WASN'T. His homage to Gene Hanckman did not work for me.

NEXT.

A buddy from Another Forum said:
Superman is a representation of everything that's wrong with the superhero genre - an avatar of cold, passionless, limitless power. He has no weaknesses (kryptonite, yes, but it's a joke and a weak plot device), no motivations (people tend to do things, like, everything, out of self-interest at some level), no connection to the people he serves (he's an alien).

Any movie involving him fighting someone for more than 3 minutes is cinematic stalling until he musters power from his infinite reserves, defeats the villain handily and providing the audience with a merciful deus-ex-machina.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Mattness said:
The new Superman Returns movie is AWFUL. Idiotic story, bad special effects (very cartoon-like) and totally unneccesary. They should have just remade the original movie (a la what they did with the EXCELLENT "Omen").

:eek::eek::eek:

WOW! We are in total opposition! The new Omen was a shot-by-shot imitation of the original. There was very little fresh or new about it. And somehow, like all imitations, it just wasn't as good. Superman Returns is brilliant. The story wasn't stupid t me, and it is a sequel to the second superman movie, ignoring the horrors of the movies which followed. I had no problem suspending my disbelief, and I think this new story opened up lots of room for personal growth and innner conflict for several of the main characters. I want to see it again, this time inIMAX.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
BronxBombshell said:
:eek::eek::eek:

WOW! We are in total opposition! The new Omen was a shot-by-shot imitation of the original. There was very little fresh or new about it. And somehow, like all imitations, it just wasn't as good. Superman Returns is brilliant. The story wasn't stupid t me, and it is a sequel to the second superman movie, ignoring the horrors of the movies which followed. I had no problem suspending my disbelief, and I think this new story opened up lots of room for personal growth and innner conflict for several of the main characters. I want to see it again, this time inIMAX.

See, MY thoughts exactly, and I posted it just 4 spots above you:tongue:

chimes

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Superman was sub-par.

The acting was trying mimic the first superman, and while it was cute for a while, it wasn't jiving with the actors or with the storyline (which admitantly, was also a little thin).

SPOILER:

Also, Superman would never sleep with a woman he wasn't married to. I mean c'mon. He's a paragon of virtue. So superman's kid? STFU and GTFO. kthx.

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
i loved the movie. Spacey sucked. and

Routh IS Superman!!

(sorry if i sound like a dumb schooolgirl but) he's so dreamy! i love staring at him
and looking at his blue eyes (probably contacts, but still had me glued to the screen.)

(drools...) i hated how Lois was a real bitch to her boyfriend though. he was nothing but supportive but she treated him stink. Superman: The homewrecker...lol.

hungwitz

Expert Member
Media
The issue I had with the film was the idea of conception. Ok. Picture you coming. Now picture Superman coming in Lois Lane.

Wouldn't his orgasm rip her apart? And what about his shooting cum? Faster then a speeding bullet. More powerful then a locomotive. Hmmm...:cool:

ledroit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
TitanicJake said:
I loved superman growing up. Anyone going to see the new movie?
Jake

I love Routh saying this film finally proves Superman is not gay. Unbelievable. Kissing, marrying, fathering a child, loving a woman--what exactly is it that proves you are not gay?

What made superman great was the fact that he was a gay, religious superhero. Anything that deviates from that is going to destroy his character.

Notbigenuff

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
hungwitz said:
The issue I had with the film was the idea of conception. Ok. Picture you coming. Now picture Superman coming in Lois Lane.

Wouldn't his orgasm rip her apart? And what about his shooting cum? Faster then a speeding bullet. More powerful then a locomotive. Hmmm...:cool:

From what I understand the conception occurred during the brief period that Superman was without powers in Superman II. Of course, we have to wonder how significantly his DNA was changed in that movie to remove his powers since the likelyhood of Kryptonian DNA and human DNA mixing is probably remote.

But, if you can believe that a man can fly you're probably not going to get too hung up on the details anyway.