Supplements for building testosterone?

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
Clomiphene Citrate (Clomid) basically does the same thing and functions the same as HGC.

What you are looking at here is not as expensive as you think. My HRT is not outrageous money wise at all. I have to pay for it myself simply because no matter what my blood work says my HMO MD flat out refuses to prescribe it and his statement is "You're getting old....live with it!"

Though prices vary, testosterone cream averages about $150 every 90 days and you can shop that one. It is all made by a compounding pharmacy and this is the reason that it costs this much. If your MD places you on injectable (much better, and my California MD will be changing me from cream to injectable after the present batch of cream runs out) you are going to still shop it. You have that right, all you need is a legitimate Rx. Every 90 days you will need to do a round of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin. What this does is to protect your testicles from shrinkage. If you wait too long between the Gonadotropin cycles you risk testicular shrinkage. Again shop this one. HGC averages about $150 for the entire cycle and this is the legitimate price of it. If your estrogen is elevated the treatment for that one is one of two drugs. One is the original prescription Novadex pills which is like the others a controlled substance. There is a second one that will work as effectively. Neither one of these will break the bank either. The idea is to price shop these. Again, you're legit and have that right and take it seriously if you're given the appropriate Rx's. The ONLY one that is outrageous is the cabergoline which is in non generic form a drug called Dostinex. This one is idiotic in that it is about $45 per pill. This is not a controlled substance and there are several cheap legit sources for this on the net.

In relation to this one, the insurance premiums and hassles of this will cost you far more than the treatments if you shop the prescriptions.

I have insurance and no matter what the tests say the MD there just ignores them. However he thinks that anti-depressants cure everything that you can't cure with Statin drugs. I cannot wait to dump this moron, but my opportunity to do this will not take place until January 2011! Until then I have to deal with a California MD that was an associate of my late Stepfather who is a good MD and is also an MD who knows what end is up.

Remember my friend that the longer you let this one go the worse off you are. The main reason I went on this was not for the sexual stuff, it was for depression that was not even being touched by anti-depressants. The testosterone killed the depression within one week and on that level it made an incredible difference quickly.

Good Luck

wellhung9

Experimental Member
Media
Consume more broccoli or cauliflower. Some research suggests that it helps reduce estrogen uptake and acts as pre-cursor to testosterone production.

I know this to be true too, but i think after steroid abuse, he may be past eating broccoli. A product called DIM, which is a naturally occuring phytonutrient found in cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower and broccoli, would help you consume more of this. i also know a product called chrysin blocks estrogen as well. Do you know what your estrogen levels are?

Also noted earlier was tongkat ali. Again I know this to raise testosterone levels as I've taken it and seen my levels raise. It's good to get a 50:1 to 100:1 extract, and in your case maybe take up to 3 to 5 grams a day. I have also noted that although this raises my test levels, it seems to have a negative impact on blood flow to the penis. Why I'm not sure, and it has been theorized that it has something to do with it's influence on cholesterol levels.

I would attempt Tongkat Ali 200:1 concentration, and simply see if that helps. It's not expensive by any means, and if that works it'd be a cheaper alternative to any sort of cream or injection I believe

D_Harry Bacque

Just Browsing
Media
I've been using a cream called Sustain Alpha, along with a powder called Toco-08. Before trying it I read a lot about it on various bodybuilding forums. They use it to boost their levels when they need to. I've been using it for about a month now and love it. Originally I just wanted it to boost my energy levels, but the positive sexual side effects have been welcomed too. A couple nights in a row I had a hard on while I was sleeping and it actually woke me up, I never really experienced that before.

About two weeks into using the two products I began to notice I was getting a little angrier than usual, which I figured was just the hormones. A couple days later that subsided so it's not really an issue. Anyway, I highly recommend the both of them.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
For the most part any pro-hormones that would work have been re-classified as class 3 anabolic steroids. The new definitions (2005) base the definition not in composition but on effect which basically makes the statement if it works it is illegal.

You qualify for HRT and as long as it is done correctly it will cost you far less than the insurance premium. Look, there are a number of things that ARE outrageous, this is not one of them and it is a preventative. If you let this one go, as I have previously said things deteriorate and the treatment gets more complicated, more expensive and is less effective.

TDurden1979

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A couple specific products I know of that help enhance your testosterone levels naturally are:
Prime(USP Labs)
Pink Magic(USP Labs)
Methyl Arimatest(Musclemeds)

All three are leutinizing hormone boosters/estrogen blockers. No exogenous hormones so no post use crash.
If you want to find 'em you should just be able to Google them. I don't want people to think I'm spamming here so if you want the actual websites just PM me.
I've used all three many times before and saw great results every time.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm with you Ken. Darn near same situation.

My testoserone tests came back, and the values on some were in the red (Below). When I ask..."But doc, these are below the threshold values"

"That doesn't matter, your fine. You don't need testosterone supplements. Here - take this magical anti-depressant that doesnt work."

My compounding pharmacy doctor was chasing this down, but even he ran into a brick wall with not alot of results. Even with the testosterone and female hormones, the values were still in the ditch.

He gave me Testralin from Metagenics. It's a pill supplement to support a healthy testosterone balance. Expensive though. $53.75 per bottle of 60 tablets. Not something you'll find on the shelf at Wal-Mart. (Compounding pharmacys or online without a prescription.
It did seem to help to level out the testoserone cream/compounded solutions my doc perscribed.
After all that.. values still low. Not off the chart, but low, so considered "the low side of normal"
The next thing to try was Implants. Supposedly a testosterone Pellet inserted under the skin on your butt. It's supposedly a slow release pellet that provides higher T-levels. But...in my opinion, that's not a long term fix - unless I want an ass with a million cuts in it.

I'm going to try UofM here in MI, but if that doesn't pan out....I may just book a flight for the Mayo Clinic.
It seems I can't find a doctor that's willing to look at my test results and make a good interpretation.
Low Testoserone levels, High estrogen levels....zero energy.
The depression is absolutely out of control.

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I double stacked Cissis Drol. Worked wonders for me, Made me way too horny tho.

... Increases natural Test, Free Test, Reduces Estrogen. Made me feel much better mood wise as well.

Thirdlegproduction

Formerly WhiteMonst3r
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yohimbe but not legal everywhere.

studies have shown that people who take zinc daily ( dont know the amount) increase their testosterone level with 40% after a few weeks.

and in general you can play mindtricks on your body by watching sexualy stimulating things or thinking about it. when you see a hot woman pass by try to picture them naked or all the nasty things that you would do to them.

you dont actually have to do these things thinking about it will trigger a testosterone boost in your body.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Clomiphene Citrate (Clomid) basically does the same thing and functions the same as HGC.

Though prices vary, testosterone cream averages about $150 every 90 days and you can shop that one. It is all made by a compounding pharmacy and this is the reason that it costs this much. If your MD places you on injectable (much better, and my California MD will be changing me from cream to injectable after the present batch of cream runs out) you are going to still shop it.
Good Luck

Ken,

Are you on injections for Testosterone?
How are they? My doc offered me the injection method, but I have a hard time with needles. They looked tiny, but not sure if it's easy enough to do even for a needle phobic.

Clomid didn't do anything for me except make my boobs bigger and made me over-emotional.

TDurden1979

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ken,

Are you on injections for Testosterone?
How are they? My doc offered me the injection method, but I have a hard time with needles. They looked tiny, but not sure if it's easy enough to do even for a needle phobic.

Clomid didn't do anything for me except make my boobs bigger and made me over-emotional.

Clomid made your boobs bigger? It's got more of an anti-estrogenic effect than anything on a man. That's odd. It never did that to me. Nor did tamoxifen, exemestane, or Arimidex. All have anti-estrogenic or anti-aromatase effects on humans.

Hardballin

Experimental Member
Media
I know this to be true too, but i think after steroid abuse, he may be past eating broccoli. A product called DIM, which is a naturally occuring phytonutrient found in cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower and broccoli, would help you consume more of this. i also know a product called chrysin blocks estrogen as well. Do you know what your estrogen levels are?

Also noted earlier was tongkat ali. Again I know this to raise testosterone levels as I've taken it and seen my levels raise. It's good to get a 50:1 to 100:1 extract, and in your case maybe take up to 3 to 5 grams a day. I have also noted that although this raises my test levels, it seems to have a negative impact on blood flow to the penis. Why I'm not sure, and it has been theorized that it has something to do with it's influence on cholesterol levels.

does DIM work, i post that a while back, and no1 responded. i tried it for a month 30 pills one a day, and i mean i think I felt a little bit of change, better pumps at the gym.. it basically converts free estrogen into testosterone.

how about ZMA, i heard this should boost ur levels because of the combination they use.

tinydick4u

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I double stacked Cissis Drol. Worked wonders for me, Made me way too horny tho.

... Increases natural Test, Free Test, Reduces Estrogen. Made me feel much better mood wise as well.

I found Cissus Drol in the US but everyone is out of it.This would be great for the weak numbers that came back in my test a few years ago.It's kind of pricey.Right around $40US + shipping for 90 capsules.Is there anything else that may be as good?

Dport

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks for bumping this 4 year old thread, had you actually read it you would notice people had already made plenty of suggestions for good supplements.

Why the fuck would you thank someone for bumping an old thread? That's dumb.

(Sarcasm and talking to people like they're stupid is fun huh?)

If you start a new thread people act sarcastic and post links to old threads and ask why you didn't do a search...If you bump a thread people jump on you for not starting a new one. Can't win for blahblahblah.