Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Just a general question. Do you use supplements, what do you use and why? What do you feel actually works? I use whey powder (up your mass) just for the calories and it's cheap calories. I've used creatine, L-Arginine, glutamine and about three different pre-workouts, none seemed to have done anything with me except the protein powder. What works for you?

Reactions: henry777

rock26

Loved Member
Media
Just a general question. Do you use supplements, what do you use and why? What do you feel actually works? I use whey powder (up your mass) just for the calories and it's cheap calories. I've used creatine, L-Arginine, glutamine and about three different pre-workouts, none seemed to have done anything with me except the protein powder. What works for you?

Honestly Fast, not knowing more than what you just shared for a recreational lifter a good multi vitamin and protein powder offer value and is all you will ever need.

Reactions: FastNHard

FastNHard

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Honestly Fast, not knowing more than what you just shared for a recreational lifter a good multi vitamin and protein powder offer value and is all you will ever need.
Yep, I take a multi vitamin and it turns my urine a nice neon green color. I guess I'm just peeing it out?

rock26

Loved Member
Media
That is correct! Most supplements you pee out what your body doesn't need. There are some exceptions but that is a different subject. Anyway a multi offers reassurance that you are getting the vitamins you need. Take your price of the bottle and divide that by how many caplets and you get the price per pill....usually cents per day. A good value just to be sure.

verybored

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just whey protein and recently (like as of Monday), creatine. I guess the protein works just to get my daily protein intake up in a convenient way. Creatine, from what I've read, is well-studied and works well for recovery and building muscle. It's tough to truly test whether I'd be doing just fine without either without taking a ton of time and recording data. My mindset is basically "Well it can't hurt, right?",

shrevela

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Should I be peeing it out? I guess my body has enough and doesn't need more?
You are correct. I supplement vitamins and minerals individually based on what I'm missing from my diet. I do that due to the fact some mutlivitamins are not at the dose that I need. Also, some vitamins compete for absorption when taken together e.g. vitamin A inhibits vitamin K. I'm not telling you not to take multivitamins.

I just started supplementing vitamin D (everyone should), zinc balance (zinc/copper) or ZMA, creatine and whey.

From what ice researched those are the only ones that have been proven to work, or that we tend to be deficient in that's essential for optimal function.

JackDoff

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Depends on your needs tbh, I'm about to hit 45 and need fish oil supplements for my joints, I'm totally unaware of them until I stop taking them, then I'm creaking, plus I take a multi vit everyday too.

I know some people who take shed loads and others who don't bother - test one supplement for 6 weeks and see if it helps, if not drop it and try another. No need spending money on them if they're not helping imo.

FastNHard

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Depends on your needs tbh, I'm about to hit 45 and need fish oil supplements for my joints, I'm totally unaware of them until I stop taking them, then I'm creaking, plus I take a multi vit everyday too.

I know some people who take shed loads and others who don't bother - test one supplement for 6 weeks and see if it helps, if not drop it and try another. No need spending money on them if they're not helping imo.
Yeah, I'm 44 working on 45 fast. I started taking fish oil again, I'm hit and miss with that though. I have a lot of issues with my joints with or without fish oil, clicking/popping, things like that.

Reactions: JackDoff

b3ar

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm a 41 year old bodybuilder so I need all I can get. LOL
I take:
(Daily maintenance)
Fish oil
Multi vitamins

(For cum and precum)
L arginine
Lecithin
Pygeum

(For working out)
Joint support
Pre workout
BCAA
carb powder
A vasodilater
Protein

FastNHard

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm a 41 year old bodybuilder so I need all I can get. LOL
I take:
(Daily maintenance)
Fish oil
Multi vitamins

(For cum and precum)
L arginine
Lecithin
Pygeum

(For working out)
Joint support
Pre workout
BCAA
carb powder
A vasodilater
Protein
I've never heard of Pygeum, I'll have to check that out.

FastNHard

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I take rice protein and B12 for the fatigue and because I'm vegan.
I think if I would stop eating meat I might have more energy, my energy totally sucks. Although B12 doesn't really work for me.

Reactions: 1032458

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
I actually don't use anything and basically never have
I was thinking of taking something to help my joints but never really had any interest in helping with muscle mass. I have some history with helping people with their lifting andI have heard creatine supplements helped a great deal but that has been a long time ago and you have to up your water intake a great deal

I think if I would stop eating meat I might have more energy, my energy totally sucks. Although B12 doesn't really work for me.
I've noticed quite some improvement in energy, fitness, and mood to be honest!
I take B12 mainly in winter, since I'm not sleeping enough hours and my schedule is quite heavy. But I've seen it's necessary for vegans.

dirkjesje

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
59 here.

only in the not sunny months ( months with a R in ) :
- 10 microgram D3
- 10 milligram Zn (Zinc)
- 100 milligram C

All year :
Unsaponifiable matter extract of avocado (Persea gratissima) (1/3) and soybean oil (Glycine max (L.) Merr.) (2/3) with 30% phytosterols: 300 mg.
[ on pre-script of a naturopathic doctor for the maintainance of the good quality of the cartilage ]