Supplying condoms

ceejay1960

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My Father found out about me being sexually active when catching myself and my girlfriend in the barn. It was obvious that on that occasion I had not yet cum but his issue was that I was barebacking her.
She had made it common knowledge that an education was not important to her and that her only ambition was to bring up a big family.
When I got home he called me into his den and handed me a packet of 3 condoms and told me that for the foreseeable he would supply a packet of 3 every Monday and that would be enough to keep her satisfied and me happy.
This situation continued for the period we were together.
My question, my son is coming to a similar age, should I supply or just persuade him to take his own precautions?

Jujurice

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm not there yet but the conversation that I had with my wife was I will gladly keep the kid supplied till they can manage their own income to buy their own and then I'd still keep a supply handy. I love sex and I want my kids to feel the same way. I want them to experience what the world has to offer. Sexual education starts at home and safe sex isn't based on ignorance.

bigbucky

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I taught my sons to be discrete, be selective (don't fuck everything that wants fucking), and use condoms. since the ability to have sex comes before most kids can make any money, I told them to come to me and I would buy them for them. my oldest was the only one who took me up on that. he's hung like me, and was getting laid all the time. instead of 3 at a time, I just bought a dozen.

Nosuportneeded

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm in the both camp. I gave son and daughter access to prophylactics and also talked to them about it. Short and sweet, try not to dwell or embarrass. I also asked them to practice condom competency on an inanimate object on there own time. I asked my son to try one on if and when he felt comfy. I made it clear that no one was expected to have or not have sex, but that they only do what they were comfortable with and do it COVERED.

I should have talked to daughter sooner, but I am happy with the timing with my son. Approach it before it is critical.

I would gladly keep them supplied with all they want. I keep condoms in a known discrete place where they can get them any time and I can monitor the stock.

Ohiojohn

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I don't see an issue with it. before I was sexually active my parents had the talk with me. I was told there is always a box of condoms under the bathroom sink and if I needed one just to take it. They knew you couldn't stop someone from being sexually active so they just made sure condoms were available

Chrysippus

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK, I'm gonna be the fogey here. My eldest son and my twin sons were only three years apart. We gave them appropriate sex books, made sure that they took the sex ed class, but when it was time my wife and I sat down with 'em for the 'clearly-articulated consent to sex'/contraception/prophylaxis talk.
My personal definition of morality is taking complete responsibility for one's actions, so we told them that when they were ready (and that involves planning to have sex), they had to buy their own as part of the responsibility. They all had spending money to afford good ones of the right size. They had all seen the banana demo in sex ed, but they are all built like their dad, so my wife and I both took part in the 'if she declines or hesitates on the basis of size, or shows fear or discomfort,' not to proceed.
My wife told them not to proceed because a partner claims to have 'taken care of things' or 'not to worry':
1.) that doesn't address STDs, and
2.) that they still had to take personal responsibility for contraception
3.) that pulling out or ejaculating near the vagina didn't prevent a determined swimmer from somehow winning the race, and not to think that fertilization can occur only after ejaculation.
BTW, my wife and I both made sure we knew what was covered in sex ed to make sure it was thorough and frank (met with the course teacher in the parent-teacher meeting along with other parents and got a syllabus before they took the class).
We told them they could always ask us questions, even though we understood their potential reluctance to do that.

Ohiojohn

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
OK, I'm gonna be the fogey here. My eldest son and my twin sons were only three years apart. We gave them appropriate sex books, made sure that they took the sex ed class, but when it was time my wife and I sat down with 'em for the 'clearly-articulated consent to sex'/contraception/prophylaxis talk.
My personal definition of morality is taking complete responsibility for one's actions, so we told them that when they were ready (and that involves planning to have sex), they had to buy their own as part of the responsibility. They all had spending money to afford good ones of the right size. They had all seen the banana demo in sex ed, but they are all built like their dad, so my wife and I both took part in the 'if she declines or hesitates on the basis of size, or shows fear or discomfort,' not to proceed.
My wife told them not to proceed because a partner claims to have 'taken care of things' or 'not to worry':
1.) that doesn't address STDs, and
2.) that they still had to take personal responsibility for contraception
3.) that pulling out or ejaculating near the vagina didn't prevent a determined swimmer from somehow winning the race, and not to think that fertilization can occur only after ejaculation.
BTW, my wife and I both made sure we knew what was covered in sex ed to make sure it was thorough and frank (met with the course teacher in the parent-teacher meeting along with other parents and got a syllabus before they took the class).
We told them they could always ask us questions, even though we understood their potential reluctance to do that.
Good to explain it like that!

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
A friend's dad gave him the best advice I ever heard:

"Son? Be good. If you can't be good, be careful. If you can't be careful, don't come cryin' to me."

That there pretty much wraps up my philosophy.

Over-reaching

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I say both. Obviously the main thing is to impress on him the need to use them. Where he gets them from is a secondary concern. Not sure how old he is or where you are, but he might find it less than straightforward to buy them. Making sure he has access to them is a good idea, but of course he has to (a) have them with him when he needs them; and (b) use them!

Chrysippus

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I say both. Obviously the main thing is to impress on him the need to use them. Where he gets them from is a secondary concern. Not sure how old he is or where you are, but he might find it less than straightforward to buy them. Making sure he has access to them is a good idea, but of course he has to (a) have them with him when he needs them; and (b) use them!
Where we lived at the time, there were no age restrictions on buying condoms, and there was both a Costco and Walmarts where they were just displayed mdse like toothpaste.