Support for Bush!!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Imported, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

Javierdude22: Well, since there are many threads discrediting Bush, and a vented irritation resulted from it, I figured it might be a good idea for people to post good things about Bush.

Why do you like him? What has he done for you? Why would you want him back for the next term? What policies do you especially like? Wha character traits do you admire about him?

again this i a POSITIVE thread on Bush, any discrediting remarks can be made elswhere. Even if you do nót like him, he must have done something, a policy or whatever, that did good things. Dig it up, and post it.

I think his AIDS bill was very good. He promised 15 billion for AIDS in Africa, to combat the disease. I also admire some attempts at bringing peace between the Palestinians and the Israeli's.

Bring it on!

2. Imported

Gold Member

James249620002000: The only good thing I can say about George W. Bush is that he is sure as hell getting more people to join the democratic party. I know I am not supposed to rant, but I am a Texan. He spent our budget surplus, destroyed our educational system, moved to Washington and is now doing the same thing to the rest of the country.

In his defense, at least he took a stand, albeit misguided, against Iraq. And, he does follow his beliefs, again, in my opinion, misguided, and he does not waffle.

James

3. Imported

Gold Member

balls: Jesus Christ Javierdude23, In this forum this is comperable to starting a thread called: Who would like to get their balls smashed with a baseball bat?

4. Imported

Gold Member

Tender: ::)

well SOME of us DID vote for him....ahem...

the only issue i find important enough to be a make or break is abortion.
    and he had the better of the two stands on that...

i like his "pro life" ideas.

Tender

5. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Sorry, Javier, but as much as I'd like to respond to this topic, after I posted that anti-Bush diatribes are out of place on the LPSG, I am unable to comment without becoming more of a hypocrite than I already am.

*humbly twiddles thumbs*

Pecker

(HEADLINE: New Gun Scope Offers Rare Opportunity To Goose Hunters)

6. Imported

Gold Member

Tender: well then post your thoughts as "pecker",
    instead of "PECKER"... :D

we'll forgive you...
    8)
    Tender

7. Imported

Gold Member

aj2181: I know this is going to garner shock and disbelief but here goes.....

I like the AIDS bill. That was an achievement.

I agree with the operation in Afganistan...that was the right course to take.

I'll stop before I go anyfurther.

8. Imported

Gold Member

ish789: i think bush is a good president he just happened to have a lot going on with the war and everything so if u ask me he did Damn good.

9. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: I do like the fact that he doesn't waffle...his dad was famous for it.

10. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: [quote author=Pecker link=board=99;num=1067508704;start=0#4 date=10/30/03 at 12:14:22]Sorry, Javier, but as much as I'd like to respond to this topic, after I posted that anti-Bush diatribes are out of place on the LPSG, I am unable to comment without becoming more of a hypocrite than I already am.

*humbly twiddles thumbs*

Pecker

(HEADLINE: New Gun Scope Offers Rare Opportunity To Goose Hunters)

[/quote]
    Considering the fact that you and Tender are practically the only posters that seem to agree with my political opinion, I don't care if you are a hypocrite or not, I want to hear what you have to say dammit! So say it!! Oh, and to clarify, No, I don't think Bush is one of the greatest presidents America has ever had by any means. I do think people are way to hard on him though. I also don't think he gets some of the credit he deserves.

11. Imported

Gold Member

Inwood: Oh Pecker,

Hobgoblins are the consistency of little minds.

(Give me a break--tomorrow is Halloween)

Go ahead, add your drivel to the rest of ours.

Support for Bush? Uh, I don't know if I can go that far.

Well let's see. Yes I am glad that significant funding to fight AIDS, Malaria and Tuberculosis has been proposed by the Bush Administration.

But (sound of slapping hands) sjckue bje (sounds of struggle) dj kljjgl;...

...End Transmission.

12. Imported

Gold Member

Tender: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=99;num=1067508704;start=0#9 date=10/30/03 at 17:42:09]
    Considering the fact that you and Tender are practically the only posters that seem to agree with my political opinion, I don't care if you are a hypocrite or not, I want to hear what you have to say dammit!  So say it!!  Oh, and to clarify, No, I don't think Bush is one of the greatest presidents America has ever had by any means.  I do think people are way to hard on him though.  I also don't think he gets some of the credit he deserves. [/quote]

i ditto that.

i may or may not vote again for him...
    but at any rate, as ive said before, he is in a lose-lose
    and it would be hard for any of us to honestly wish to be in his shoes.

and i dont like to ever refer to his father.
    Read my lips--- he is not his father!
    i wonder if he gets tired of hearing that?
    i think itd get old, always filling your fathers shoes so to speak... :-/

Tender

13. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: [quote author=Tender link=board=99;num=1067508704;start=0#11 date=10/30/03 at 19:05:18]i may or may not vote again for him...
    but at any rate, as ive said before, he is in a lose-lose
    and it would be hard for any of us to honestly wish to be in his shoes. [/quote]
    Don't be so sure he is in a lose-lose situation. As little support as he may receive around here, take into account a few of the posters that participate in the political arguments are from Europe. Europe is very liberal, and it doesn't surprise me they would badmouth Bush. And the liberals posting that are not from Europe are relatively young (20's-30's). Bush has a surprising amount of support in Middle America and the Midwest (the two terms mean entirely different things by the way) among the middle aged and elderly. Hell, I even read an article the other day describing the surprising amount of support Bush gets among college students (in certain areas, of course) as well. As I've said before, his day's not numbered yet, especially when he is competing against all the losers the Democratic Party has to offer. Some people may hate Bush, but some people also love him and will vote for him no matter what. On the Democratic side, there is a big chance certain Liberals won't be enamored by ANY of the candidates and just won't vote at all. That gives Bush an advantage. Don't forget the people who take away Democratic votes by voting for the Green Party.

14. Imported

Gold Member

Javierdude22: Come on Pecker, nobody will beat you up for it. You responded to the excessive amount of anti-Bush-ism on here, not the first few threads on it. This is the first positive one, and I am seriously interested in the responses.

So come on! :)

15. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I like the guy, not simply because he's a Republican, but because he comes across as sincere, caring and a leader with spinal fortitude. Here are just a few of the good things he's done legislatively that I can recall:

Tax Relief - I don't pay taxes anymore so I didn't get a refund. I understood his reasoning and supported his concept.

Jobs & Economic Growth - see above. It's working.

War on Terrorism - already discussed ad nauseum in other threads.

Homeland Security - a newborn that will need constant nurturing and added responsibility as time goes on.

Education - making schools accountable was one of the best moves made in years in behalf of our children.

Military Strengthening & Troop Raises - 'nuff said.

Nationalizing of the Amber Alert - reminds us that monsters don't only come out on Halloween and gets us all involved in looking for them.

Faith-based Initiative - even if you don't agree with the concept, every time you give to a religious charity now, you are in some way supporting it.

Banning Cloning of Humans - one Pecker is enough for anybody.

There are more but I'd have to search the internet for them and it's too early in the morning to have to work.

I'm going to be careful to make all my political responses/opinions positive and supportive, regardless of the subject's political affiliation from now on. I see little point in negativity.

Pecker

(Have you ever heard of... an armed robbery at a gun show?)

16. Imported

Gold Member

tracksuitboy: The best thing that can be said for Bush is that he can't be President forever! Otherwise ... umm ... let me see ... No. There is nothing good to be said about him.

17. Imported

Gold Member

ish789: ok like i said b4... 'Walk a mile in their shoes'....

Bush came to be president and he did good at first then the whole world trade center made it worse. Honestly if u look at him u can tell what stress he was put through he looks like he ages 10 years. I think hes a great president just not for this time.

18. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: [quote author=tracksuitboy link=board=99;num=1067508704;start=0#15 date=10/31/03 at 12:02:24]The best thing that can be said for Bush is that he can't be President forever! Otherwise ... umm ... let me see ... No.  There is nothing good to be said about him.[/quote]
    If you people have nothing nice to say, then stop posting in this section! Notice how it is called "Support for Bush!!"?

Pecker listed alot of good reasons, I could do some research and list a lot more. No matter how many good things he does, though, it will always be over shadowed by all your hatred.

19. Imported

Gold Member

SpeedoGuy: [quote author=aj2181 link=board=99;num=1067508704;start=0#6 date=10/30/03 at 17:19:30]

I like the AIDS bill. That was an achievement.

I agree with the operation in Afganistan...that was the right course to take.

[/quote]

I'm not a W fan at all but I agree with this assessment.

SG

20. Imported

Gold Member

ish789: man im so happy with the decision he made on iraq and everything someone needed to say something. Notice how all major terrorists come from there. I mean even when Bush went over there and asked if they had weapons of mass destruction they denied. So later they find em imagine that.

Draft saved Draft deleted