Support Grows for U.S. Ban on Male Circumcision

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
slayer04 said:
from what my doctor told me this is a frenulum.....am i wrong? also...how am i delusional...ill informed perhaps i'll give you that but delusional....hardly

That is a frenulum remnant. It's pretty easy to tell that part of it was cut away as what's left is very rough looking. A true frenulum would be soft, moist and extremely sensitive. Scar tissue is unable to provide the same sensitivity although it may retain a portion of it.

henryroyce

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
While perhaps we should all be advocating circumcision:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5165118.stm
And I know that this posting will be followed by scores of messages from uncircumsised men who will say that it has been disproven and it is rubbish - but it is not. It is current news and repeated research has shown that circumcised men have a significantly lower chance of becoming HIV positive, and that their chance of being infected with most STDs is greatly reduced.

Circumcised here and I have never had a chip on my shoulder about it - in fact, if I could rewind time and help my parents with their decision, I would vote for circumcision! Sorry if this riles some of you, but it is the truth!

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
BBB2.5 said:
So I am glad my parents made this choice for me. I never had it. I have no clue what I missed out on

BBB2.5 you look great, but think a little deeper. This is just wrongheaded.

How do you go from, I don't know the difference, to I'm glad my parents made this choice for me?

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
slayer04 said:
real question....who cares? honestly people get a hobby...go fishing...make model airplanes...if you want your child uncut then dont have him get cut...it's that simple...as for human rights...there cannot be a global view on human rights because lets face it all people are assholes and believe in different things/religions which affect the view on women, children, old people. as for the whole mutilation thing...let's not be so dramatic..its unnecessary skin...\

as for europe doesnt cut....i am from germany and was cut there...i dont mean to come across caustic or frustrating but everyone's making such a big deal about something so unimportant. i mean if everyone is the same it's boring circumcision adds diversity. and stop using the mutilation word..its circumcision..not the movie saw. i think i have said enough for most of lpsg to hate me but i love to have lively debates and am willing to chat...later everybody....let the hate mail begin

Your nose and your ears are also unnecessary but we don't go cutting them off. If you're going to argue at least come up with something real, not regurgitated bs.

Cultural relativity is dying a slow but sure death. What's right and wrong crosses all socio economic boundaries. Circumcision is wrong.

Why were you cut? Are you a Turk, did your family have a tradition of cutting or was it for some other reason? Sure, Europeans cut but generally only if there's a lot of pressure to do so. Babies are not cut for no reason at all.

What you fail to realize is that a substantial number of circumcisions, perhaps as many as 5%, go bad. There are any number of guys here that will attest to that and I am one of them. Why cut babies? Nobody knows how big their dick will be and cutting the foreskin away from the glans is simply barbaric. Adults have a right to choose and that's fine but people who intentionally have babies cut simply out of a misguided sense of moral rightness need to be stopped.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
henryroyce said:
It is current news and repeated research has shown that circumcised men have a significantly lower chance of becoming HIV positive, and that their chance of being infected with most STDs is greatly reduced.
Deja vu again. Infants are not having sex. Their risk of acquiring the HIV virus is ZERO.

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
henryroyce said:
And I know that this posting will be followed by scores of messages from uncircumsised men who will say that it has been disproven and it is rubbish - but it is not. It is current news and repeated research has shown that circumcised men have a significantly lower chance of becoming HIV positive, and that their chance of being infected with most STDs is greatly reduced.

Circumcised here and I have never had a chip on my shoulder about it - in fact, if I could rewind time and help my parents with their decision, I would vote for circumcision! Sorry if this riles some of you, but it is the truth!

That study has many, many failings. A number of other studies are taking place and the results of them will be available next year. Until then, this is just another study THAT NO REPUTABLE MEDICAL JOURNAL IS WILLING TO PUBLISh because of the study's problems.

Actually, it's fairly well established that intact men have a much lower incidence of genital warts, while the remainder of STDs are only slightly more common in intact men. Could you post a link to your info, or is this some urban myth that you're repeating endlessly in hopes that it will become true?

The fact remains that the US has the highest rate of STDs in the world and yet the highest rate of circed, sexually active men. If your claim were true, the US would have the lowest STD rate. So much for shoddy science.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
jakeatolla said:
And now they don't even have to cut it, they just tie a string around it. After inserting a small plastic bell between the foreskin and the head.
One example of a plastibell circumcision:

http://www.infocirc.org/fourn.htm

The kid would be about ten and a half now, if he lived. It doesn't say he died, but I don't know how you could live like this.

Just a nice little plastic bell and string. Nice.

Maybe home circumcision will be the new rage, but how about leaving babies out of this until they are old enough to google Plastibell for themselves?

What's the rush?

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
henryroyce said:

Haha, this is a NEWS article, not a scientific study! Nice try, genius, but you fail to consider several factors. First, we're talking about the poorest, most underdeveloped parts of Africa (yeah that's right, a place where clean water and soap are not always readily available). One of the common methods they use of cleaning themselves is to wipe with sand, can you possibly see a potential for a higher than average amount of abrasions? Sure, in a situation like that where keeping the foreskin clean is not always possible, it would help. ALSO, a man having a circumcision may be getting the first medical attention of his life, and the first chance to hear good information from a physician. Much of their "knowledge" is folklore, hence the belief that fucking a virgin will cure AIDS- that's sure done wonders for the rape statistics.

Can you possibly imagine that the United States is no longer plagued with these issues, and time has come to begin serious discussion about morality now that medical necessity is no longer a factor? What's the point of progressing if we insist on not acting on any of our new information?:rolleyes:

fjh

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Pappy said:
These people need to get out more often and get a fricking life. It's been left to the parents for hundreds of years, why does the government need to get involved now??
I'm sorry but the government is already too involved in our lives as it is, I don't think they need to get anymore involved.
Circumcision has not damaged my sexual function in any way. I was a horny teen and I am a horny adult. I can't imagine what things would be like if my sexual function were not "damaged".
This is just another example of a few wanting to push their beliefs on everyone else, if this shit keeps up I'm moving to an unlisted asteroid somewhere in the galaxy.
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Fjh/Desktop/Infant%20Circumcision.mpegPLEASE DOWNLOAD AND JUGDE FOR YOURSELF,I`M A RESTORER fjh

Mumzi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
NineInchCock_160IQ said:
I'm circumsized. Personally I think uncircumsized penises look gross. And I'm glad that I don't have to worry about cleaning out the foreskin or potential infection there.

[edit] also, wanted to add this: people today are too focused on physical pain. They worry about a few minutes of pain that a baby goes through during a circumcision. They worry about convicted murderers on death row being in pain for the 10 seconds they are in the electric chair before they die or the 2 second pin stick when they are lethally injected. As if somehow that little bit of pain really means anything next to the fact that these people are being executed. They get all upset about dairy cows getting shocked by electric fences to keep them on the ranch. People are such wimps. Life is pain, get used to it.

I'm glad you are happy with your circumcision. You may not think so, but it does not please me to see anyone unhappy.
I don't know if you realize that until recently those babies were given no anesthetic; it was thought babies that young could not feel pain.

You are happy with your circumcision, but what about the guy who is not.
This is not about the procedure itself. It is about choice. That's it.
We live in a day and age where we have the ability to get information
with a key stroke. Parents did not have that luxury even 15 years ago, and they make the best choice they could.

But we know a little more now, and there is no need to do RIC and take that choice away from someone. Men should have the right to grow up and know what that foreskin feels like, looks like and then decide if they do or don't want it.
This is not a surgery that will have to be done anyway. However if the man decides in favor of circumcision, he will be motivated to do so. To say that it's just to traumatic, so do it at birth, doesn't hold water anymore.
I remember being taught just that. 'The horrors of putting a child or young man through that surgery.... loop it off now so he'll never have to worry about it'.
This is what everyone was told 20-25 years ago, it's what we believed.

Please, this is not about circumcision itself, it is about giving a man the right to decide what is best for him. It's about NOT taking that right from him.
That is, at least for me, what this is all about.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mumzi said:

Please, this is not about circumcision itself, it is about giving a man the right to decide what is best for him. It's about NOT taking that right from him.
That is, at least for me, what this is all about.

Mumzi, I have to say it always amazes me that as many times as we have these conversations, we can never get the point across that WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT HOW ANY INDIVIDUAL FEELS ABOUT THEIR OWN DICK. ahem.

For the sake of this conversation, nobody gives a fuck how your feel about your own personal dick, we get it- you like them, can we please move on?

The question is should unnecessary surgery be done to infants for no reason other than that we're used to it? *here it is- try again. Take your feelings about YOUR dick out of it*. Is there any point at which it's a good idea to review the validity of circumcision in light of our current ability to clean ourselves? If we have the highest number of stds and the hightest number of circs amoung developed nations, can we look at the possibility that we're not always right?

*no, I didn't think so, snip away*

For the sixty billionth time, if YOU happen to love tomatoes, should everyone else be FORCED to eat them, even if it's against their will? If you love your circumcised dick- great! But doesn't the fact that some men don't show that there is a difference of opinion? Their rights are just as important as yours, I get sick to death of the attitude of "My needs are being met so anyone who isn't happy can just fuck right off". No one's insulting your dick, just a barbaric practise.

henryroyce

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
chico8 said:
That study has many, many failings. A number of other studies are taking place and the results of them will be available next year. Until then, this is just another study THAT NO REPUTABLE MEDICAL JOURNAL IS WILLING TO PUBLISh because of the study's problems.

Actually, it's fairly well established that intact men have a much lower incidence of genital warts, while the remainder of STDs are only slightly more common in intact men. Could you post a link to your info, or is this some urban myth that you're repeating endlessly in hopes that it will become true?

The fact remains that the US has the highest rate of STDs in the world and yet the highest rate of circed, sexually active men. If your claim were true, the US would have the lowest STD rate. So much for shoddy science.

Hey - relax. I was not meaning to be confrontational. I was merely pointing readers to a news article that I had read.... and pointing out that I am happy to be circumcised.

If you think that the US has the highest rate of STDs in the world, then you are SERIOUSLY misinformed. Could you possibly post a link to that information?

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
henryroyce said:
Hey - relax. I was not meaning to be confrontational. I was merely pointing readers to a news article that I had read.... and pointing out that I am happy to be circumcised.

If you think that the US has the highest rate of STDs in the world, then you are SERIOUSLY misinformed. Could you possibly post a link to that information?

Notice, I said "developed nations". The study I'd seen pertained to teens in the US, but it's a good read.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3634/is_200111/ai_n8985223

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
henryroyce said:

Here's what the CIA factbook has to say about it.

https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/rankorder/2155rank.html

The US clocks in at spot # 71. Not all the data is current, but when it comes to developed countries, Spain is the only one that ranks higher than the US. My guess is that part of Spain's rate is due to the high number of refugees from Africa.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Back to the proposed legislation.

The law against the genital mutilation of girls is not one of degree. It doesn't allow removal of the clitoral hood but not the clitoris. All modifications for non-medical reasons are forbidden, in the case of girls.

The absence of protection of makes it an "equal protection under the law" case. Which is probably how it will eventually be decided.