Support Your Local and Not So Local Musicians

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by curiouscat9, Dec 11, 2005.

1. curiouscat9

curiouscat9 New Member

My husband and I had an interesting conversation with one of our younger musician friends recently that I wanted to share with you all.

Evidently, his band and others they have talked to who tour their independent bands in bars across America are having a very hard time paying for anything other than gas when they do their road tours.

Keep in mind that we are not talking about Springsteen or The Stones but a bunch of 20 somethings trying to live the life. So when you go out and see these kids, buy their Cd or flip them a tip so they can eat.

Or give them a roll of quarter to do laundry. Believe me I was pretty grossed out to hear about the modified hygiene habits of these kids. Would you want to put on a pair of pants you'd drummed in for five days in a row without underwear? Disgusting!

2. GoneA

Gold Member

i'll give them a roll of quaters.

3. madame_zora

Gold Member

This is a subject near and dear to my heart. If we don't support local music, we are doomed to hear the crap they play on top 40 stations, and that is a fate worse than death. If you can find it in your heart, let these guys crash at your place and feed them something in the morning. Music is worth a lot more than the minor inconvenience and you'll meet some fun people along the way. I buy t-shirts and cds even if I haven't paid the rent.

4. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

I'll let you know when my album drops, baby doll. The songs are recorded under gorilla environments though. My living conditions aren't that stable for the time being and it's taking a toll on my art. However, it's not about the money. It's about the message. The gospel. With backing or not, shoddy equipment or 64-tracks, the album will be made. It's my calling.

Draft saved Draft deleted