Supporter Cups

kevinmt

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Okay my son is 10, and he plays little league baseball, and out of the blue they made it mandatory for all players to wear cups.

So I went to Wal-Mart and they had two sizes; youth, and adult, so I got the youth.

When he put it on, he complained that it was too small for him, and it wouldn't fit. So I initially thought he just didn't know how to put it on right, so I took a look, and the cup really was too small!

So I had to get him the adult size cup to accomodate him.

At the moment this isn't a big deal, He's not going through puberty becuase he has no pubic hair, he's just well endowed, the problem is that he will get bigger, and I won't know where to get larger cups to fit. All I ever see is Youth, and Adult, and if he's an adult's size now, he's gonna need something bigger in a few years.

I personally have nothing special down there, so I've never had this problem.

Please, no trolling or vulgar responses, this is a serious matter regarding my son.

Thanks in advance.

scottbud

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
try International Jock - Men's Underwear, Men's Swimwear, Jockstraps, Men's Thongs, Athletic Supporters, Compression Shorts they mayhave something if not listed email them as they have lots not listed. There is bound to be somewhere that custom makes them too. Plus not everyone grows alot in size when they hit puberty. I (unfortunatley) hardly grew at all in that department during puberty and I also started it early (11) so was real excited an by 18 only gained 1/2" yet had grown a two foot. Sux for me. lol

MuscleBound

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
you want a banana cup. they come in child sizes as far as the strap and cup size goes, but the cup has a lot more room in it. your son should definately wear a cup to play baseball the potential injuries can make a man sterile and potential impotent for life. banana cups are great, my sons and i all wear them for jujitsu class. you can buy one here Banana Cup Combo with Supporter-Youth

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would say try a teen size xo cup, they have them in 4 sizes, peewee, youth, teen and adult.

XO Athletic

They also have a sizing chart that can be helpful.

It is just important that the cup is not too big because I have heard horror stories about a cup shifting and then when a guy gets hit the cup causing damage.

I know that when I wear a cup I have to put in on right out of the shower after shrinkage, or when ive been already doing some athletic stuff, and I have to just put it on right away without thinking about it at all or then it won't fit.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can certainly support the choice. As a Youth Sports coach many years ago, Soccer and Baseball, I know that young males do not need to suffer or risk becoming harmed for life.

There are plenty of jock sources that have great cups. Check out this one:

Shock Doctor X-Fit Supporter with Cup - Youth Junior Senior

For additional information check this out:

How to Choose and Wear a Protective Cup for Sports - wikiHow

I have personally worn the Bike Banana Cup when I engage in heavy lifting and work around and with trees as a homeowner. I want to keep the family jewels safe. You can learn more about the Banana Cup at:

Bike Adult Hard Cup With Supporter
bikecup.jpg
  • Ideal for baseball, martial arts, hockey, and other high-impact sports
  • Comfortable contoured cup with extended length protection
  • Durable copolymer cup with soft rubber gasket
Item Number: 7185
SportJunk.com Price: $25.95
Size: Adult Small 28"-30" Adult Medium 32"-34" Adult Large 36"-38" Adult Extra Large 40"-42"Quantity:

Please note that several of the Bike cups also have a nice soft edge around the outside. This link to the Bike product line will allow you to view the entire range. Please be aware that they appear to be able to allow the average penis to well above average penis to be protected. I know that I appreciate the opportunity to protect my testicles and I am no longer involved in Fathering Children. I just want to keep my body healthy and also safe.

Bike Hard Cups at International Jock Underwear & Swimwear

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
A trick I used when I was younger (I am from the 'mandatory jock' generation), was to take a larger size, and needle and thread the waistband to make a smaller waist, but gives you the larger pouch...

At the gym I use a 1 size smaller pair of boxer briefs (holds everything in with out the 'stretch grab' of the athletic supporter material...

cgttown

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Banana cup is the way to go. My son used to play catcher on baseball team and this was the only supporter and cup that was comfortable for him. He's like your son, and on the larger endowed side, too.

squadleader

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
A few years back I was confronted with the same dilemma. My 11 y/o simply outgrew the protection of a youth cup, but his otherwise small stature would have made an adult cup both burdensome and conspicuous under his little league uniform. The local sporting goods store carried a "teen" size cup that adequately served his needs until he was well into puberty.

I might add that I too endured the (mandatory jockstrap) era of school PE.
Although I was probably not endowed as large as I believed at the time, I can relate a story sort of on on topic that is still etched in memory.

Our junior high PE department required 9th graders to wear jocks and cups.
Back then they were the triangle shaped flat cups that really didn't have room for much merchandise. The first couple of weeks we ran and did conditioning exercises to get rid of summer flab and I was miserable wearing the cup.

One afternoon after class I made the mistake of telling the PE coach of my discomfort. He asked me to come to the locker room before classes the following morning and he would "help me with my problem". When I reported he made me put on my jock and cup and wear it all day so it would seem more comfortable. Unfortunately, at that age I would get a hard-on in class seemingly from just breathing.

Needless to say, I never complained about the cup to the gym teacher again.

flynn

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have my jock strap custom made now, but when I was in high school they only had one size cup so any time I got pushed in that area it would crush my genitals against my body. It was painful.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Source for Supporter Cups. Just this past week there was a "Dick's" Game Day Flyer packed in with my local Newspaper.

Dick's Suporting Goods Flyer, page two has the following:

$13.99 Cup and Supporter with a picture and logo. XO - Pro Cup.

Available in Adult, Teen and Youth sizes. Online ID #2365570

Please be advised that I am not employed or retired from Dick's.

I submit this information as a service for anyone looking for these products and they desire to procure same at a local retail outlet. Of course you have to have a "Dick's" in your area.