supressing the vote!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mensch1351, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Mensch1351

Gold Member

In the only other State that begins with "K"!
    Don't you find it ironic that WE sent representatives to Iraq to monitor THEIR elections to make sure that it was conducted in a non-interventive manner ------ and NOW the Tea Party is threatening to show up at the polls and challenge voters as to their eligibility!! Maybe the Iraqi's need to come to the US and make sure OUR elections are held in an honest and forthright manner!! Sad that after 3 billion spent on ads trying to convince voters who they should vote for, we now take it to the polls to make SURE the "system" works in our favor!! No wonder so many people just say, "screw it" I'm not participating!

2. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    Attemptong to prevent people of modest means from voting has been standard Rethuglican strategy for decades.
    Dave

3. Hoss

Gold Member

Albums:
    A quick and easy search in any halfway reliable search engine will provide interesting facts which make the TP idea partially sane.

There are many dead people still legally registered as voters.

Let's say Mr.Hess died in June, a man from the next town can match his signature and cast a vote, many districts and polling places don't ask for any I.D. it's easy enough to do.

Another example, let's say Mr.West is hospitalized and in a coma election day, his dad can cast a vote and it may not be the candidate the younger Mr.West wanted.

Another example, Miss Lucy's house burns down and she leaves the state to live with a sister, a week later on election day, Miss Lucy's former neighbor casts a vote pretending to be Miss Lucy. The neighbor had submitted an absentee ballot so she's not recognized at the polling place as having been there earlier. The neighbor has political views different than Miss Lucy and votes against what Miss Lucy believes in.

As long as polling places don't ask for I.D., fraud can and will happen.

^^^^Speak English please. ^^^^

If that was a slap at Republicans, it failed since it was the Chicago Democratic machine which gained fame because of voter fraud in 1960. Many more from both sides have followed and likely existed before that.

It doesn't matter which city/county, if there's a large machine Democratic or Republican, there's likely to be some fraudulent acts happening.

If we required a valid current I.D. there might be less fraud.

4. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    My comment is about vote suppression, "vote caging," which is a largely republican tactic aimed at disenfranchising the poor and monorities through last minute (polling place) challenges of their right to vote.

5. lucky8

Gold Member

I still don't understand why we don't just have a voter registration card...swipe the card, pull the lever...seems pretty simple

6. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

We should be doing this online in the comforts of our own homes by now.
    And it's not like the technology or the security measures to do such a thing are not in place.

7. Tee&A

Tee&A New Member

I would luh-huh-huve for a Tea Partier to "challenge" me at the polls...

If you see any footage on the evening news on election day of a 6 ft black woman meathooking a Tea Partier in the asshole with a stiletto heel and doing her best to lift them off thier feet with it: you'll know I got "challenged" :biggthumpup2:. God bless America!

PS: I'm being light about it because I don't really see it happening. I've lived in a lot of states (and voted in them all but one) and "overzealous" supporters from any party were always made to stay a certain number of feet away from voters. If they didn't, the cops hauled them away.

#7 Tee&A, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  8. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah, typical Republican styled politics. Remember the stuff they pulled in Florida, after which Bush still had to steal the election by the vote of a conservative Supreme Court.

For the last presidential election they tried to disenfranchise Hispanic voters with threats and intimidation, and tried to make others miss out on voting, by sending out flyers and mail with misleading and fraudulent voter information.

9. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
    I am so glad I live in a state that does mail-in voting only.

10. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

I didn't know that the citizens of Washington state were so lazy.

11. Mensch1351

Gold Member

In the only other State that begins with "K"!
    ............Rah Rah!! I do believe that one day all legitimately registered voters will be mailed ballots that "cannot" be made fraudulent (through any kind of reproduction, etc). Or as someone else suggested -- a voter card (much like a drivers license). I like the mail thing for ONE better reason ---- an actual paper trail! I think electronic voter machines BEG for fraudulence (sp???)

I do however nostagically remember in the 1950's my grandmother telling me she had helped the American Legion Auxillary with their chili luncheon served at the polls for a fundraiser. It used to be a real "community" event -- celebrating American Liberty!! Just can't do that with a mail in ballot!!

#11 Mensch1351, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  12. HUNGHUGE11X7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
    Verified:
    Photo

Hahahahahahah
    LMAO@ReTHUGlican, which I find is quite apropos this political season .

Yes it has been the SOP for many elections.

Now this screaming about HOW the Liberals are stealing the elections this yr .... well HELL YEAH, I know that ISN'T the case but if it were it's about fukin time. After The Grand Oil Party has Stolen so many elections it's about time !!!
    The problem here is the Repugnicans and Tea-baggers have been mislead by polls saying there is an enthusiasm gap between DEMS and voting. The early voting numbers have shown how ludicrous this is since the DEMs are leading in Early voting stats. Since there is GREAT enthusiasm among the Dems (mainly cause we dont want these fukin nutjobs in Congress) the GOP is crying They're stealing elections cause they naively believed the enthusiasm gap polls.

~HH~

13. HUNGHUGE11X7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
    Verified:
    Photo

Not to mention the shit that the Sec of State in OH. KEN BLACKWELL along with Diebold pulled in the 2004 Election in OHIO !

~HH~

14. lucky8

Gold Member

Draft saved Draft deleted