Surgery scars

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
What do you guys think when you see a guy with a surgery scar. I have had two abdominal surgeries, and have a couple of fairly large scars. One of which is from years ago and is pretty faint and is completely covered by board shorts. the other one is larger and comes up slightly above the waistband of my board shorts.

If you saw a guy with a surgical scar would you be totally turned off?

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
No, I do not feel a surgical scar to be a turn off. A surgical scar is the result of a necessary surgical procedure performed on you. If the scars are very bad and on occasion this does happen, a scar revision procedure can be done by a plastic surgeon and these scars can be reduced to a couple of "hairlines".

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To me a tidy scar on a fit guy, especially an abdominal scar, is very hot regardless of length. Check out this Aussiebum model from a few years ago. I suspect he had a testicular cancer, hence the inguinal incision and the full length abdominal incision (for an RPLND, retroperitoneal lymph node dissection).
Dave

Attachments

STYLYUNG

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I have an eleven-inch scar on each leg from knee-joint replacement plus appendix and hernia repair scars. Circ-ed as an adult---The scar barely shows. No negative comments have ever been heard by me. Just a "WOW! about the knee scars. 'Got both of them the same day. I'd never do that again. One at a time is plenty.

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
To me a tidy scar on a fit guy, especially an abdominal scar, is very hot regardless of length. Check out this Aussiebum model from a few years ago. I suspect he had a testicular cancer, hence the inguinal incision and the full length abdominal incision (for an RPLND, retroperitoneal lymph node dissection).
Dave

Damn, I would hev never noticed that one...just thought it was his treasure trail. He is fuckign HOT! Are you a doctor or did you have testicular cancer? How the did you know what a RPLND was? One of my older cousins had that surgery but unfortunately it had already spread and the dude died from it...at age 20.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What do you guys think when you see a guy with a surgery scar. I have had two abdominal surgeries, and have a couple of fairly large scars. One of which is from years ago and is pretty faint and is completely covered by board shorts. the other one is larger and comes up slightly above the waistband of my board shorts.

If you saw a guy with a surgical scar would you be totally turned off?[/QUOTE] For the most part scars are hot. Never seen one that made me cringe.

ericbythebay

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I don't think it's that big of a deal to most people, I've never gotten any negative comments, just inquisitive. I have a scar on my stomach, see my pics. And my husband has a big scar on his arm from a football injury.

Post some pics.

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I use to worry about this very issue. I have been under the knief many times.
My first was at the age of 12, appendix nearly burst from a kick in the side.
Then again in 1992, I had a lung problem that had to be fixed.
My last time being cut on was 2002, I had a lump on one of my testicles, it was not cancerous.

I just accepted them as part of my charm...lol

See my body shot below.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
BBB2.5 you look great! I have a few scars that I felt self conscious about and had dermabrasion to reduce them. On the other hand I've never been turned off by seeing scars on anyone else only on myself.

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
BBB2.5 you look great! I have a few scars that I felt self conscious about and had dermabrasion to reduce them. On the other hand I've never been turned off by seeing scars on anyone else only on myself.

Thank You....they no longer bother me.
Here is something to think about guys, a tanned scar looks better...JMO!!

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I use to worry about this very issue. I have been under the knief many times.
My first was at the age of 12, appendix nearly burst from a kick in the side.
Then again in 1992, I had a lung problem that had to be fixed.
My last time being cut on was 2002, I had a lump on one of my testicles, it was not cancerous.

I just accepted them as part of my charm...lol

See my body shot below.

Looking at that photo, I didn't get past the dick. What scar? :wink:

I had open heart surgery (7 bypasses) several years ago. I have a scar where they cut my chest open but the worst one is on my left leg where they tok vein(s) out. Goes from my groin to knee cap and then on down to my ankle. Has improved some but still noticeable.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There are massage techniques to make scars less visible and to break up the granulation of the scar tissue. Trust me on this...it works!!! You cannot tell from the pics...and barely in person, but I have a huge scar on my scrotum from a spider bite that almost killed me 3 yrs ago. NOW, after self treatment *I learned in college the treatment technique* you cannot see it and actually no one can tell unless I point it out. The only difference now is...my left nut hangs slightly lower than the right. Before it was the right one that was lower.

All is in perfect working order...and no one can tell...so I'm pleased. :)

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Damn, I would hev never noticed that one...just thought it was his treasure trail. He is fuckign HOT! Are you a doctor or did you have testicular cancer? How the did you know what a RPLND was? One of my older cousins had that surgery but unfortunately it had already spread and the dude died from it...at age 20.

Jeepguy,
First of all, I'm really sorry about your cousin. TC has about a 95% cure rate these days if correctly and promptly treated. Tragically, guys get misdaignosed and lose precious weeks taking antibiotics or, perhaps even more common, fail to notice a change in size, consistencey, or a lump or they notice but are ambarrassed to tell their parents and/or be examined and delay diagnosis that way. All boys need to be taught to check themselves monthly and promply seek medical attention if anything changes. Doctors need to have a lower threshold for ordering an ultrasound which is pretty definitiive diagnostically.
No, I'm not a physician (am a Ph.D.) but have worked in medical settings quite a bit and also had a TC scare a couple of years ago. Whenever, I have a medical threat I always research it thoroughly as I have been misdiagnosed a number of times and really don't trust the medical profession. So after that scare, I happened to see that model again and realized the the scar pattern was consistent with first having had an orchiectomy, the diagnonal scar on the lower belly resembling an appendectomy or hernia repair scar, then an RPLND, the long midline incision. It could have been something else but odds are...
At any rate, from the responses it sounds like you don't need to be concerned about your scars reducing your attractiveness.
Dave
Dave

iruka

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've got several scars from various vasectomies.

The first two are about 1 inch on each side and not too bad, then two more a good three inches and zig-zag.

A bit like a patchwork quilt but at least they are fading now.