Surprised by swimsuits

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Stanmeister, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Stanmeister

Stanmeister Member

There were three young men (probably early college age or late high school) who were swimming at the pool I was swimming at today. Much to my surprise these swimmers (they were obviously very good) were wearing briefs. Two of them were wearing very brief briefs. One of them was wearing a white, very tight brief. This surprised me because so few young guys wear anything but jammers. I wonder if there is a change in the air, returning to the styles that we wore when I first started swimming (although I have to admit that I never wore briefs that were as miniscule as the one guy was wearing).

2. petetown

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I can only hope and pray!

3. jockstrapfetish

4. BigInBellevue

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Real swimmers don't wear board shorts.

5. Hanger2

Hanger2 New Member

We need a change in the unbalanced norms on public beaches. Women can wear tiny swimsuits and guys are expected to wear baggy shorts. Crazy. I will take the Speedo any time in preference to boardshorts.

6. hung

Gold Member

Albums:
    It could be that these young males are actually on a swim team somewhere.

Members of swim teams know that the least fabric they have on their bodies the better they can swim. Unless you get the high dollar suits that cover most of the body you must also realize that some male swimmers shave their body hair to be sleek in the water.

7. catman

Gold Member

maybe their board shorts were in the washing machine?

8. SmoothBud

SmoothBud New Member

Definately less is more, woman are praised for wearing thongs, really revealling swimsuits with minimal coverage and the smaller the better, but with guys it's the opposite. I say show it off, put your bulges out there in something small and show off what we all have anyway.

9. BRDDRS

BRDDRS New Member

Yeah, I've noticed this too. I was swimming yesterday and out of the blue this guys walks past the jacuzzi in a pair of speedos, showing a fair sized package. Needless to say, I had to wait a while before I left the safety of the bubbly water!

10. DM34

DM34 New Member

I'm grateful for this story

11. pronatalist

pronatalist Active Member

Well it seems to me, that if it's supposedly okay for women to wear skimpy bikinis, then why wouldn't it be okay for guys to wear speedos? However, even if so, that still doesn't prove that guys should wear speedos. There may be many issues that could be considered, such as community standards, which aren't necessarily equally "fair" to both the female and male sex. Some guys may not look good in speedos, or may be trying to show off. While I may have little objection to speedos, where speedos are common and accepted and "normal," I don't see much reason to wear speedos myself, nor to be "on display." For one thing, I have never been a competitive swimmer, one the supposed reasons for speedos. And it would seem that the size of "certain endowments" that I may or may not have, is probably nobody's business but that of my spouse that I would naturally mate with to grow my family.

Somehow, just because women may be accepted to wear skimpy bikinis, doesn't necessarily make speedos modest enough for men, in every community. Double standard? Not necessarily, but maybe as they say, life isn't fair, in some aspects, and that's just the way it is?

It also seems that if speedos are accepted as okay, then they should be okay for guys with large flaccid penises as well? Provided that it is about comfortable and reasonable swimwear, and not about showing off. But then, has it ever been established whether speedos are okay?

Draft saved Draft deleted