Surprised by who is friendly with whom?

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I can't resist this thread, but please resist naming names.

I have seen one or two friends lists that have included some surprises.

Also do you think you should befriend if you just like someone without ever really having engaged with them to any great extent?

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I haven't really gone looking at anyone else's lists. I was surprised by one request I got, but then I like reading that persons posts and maybe they also like reading mine... maybe I was on their contacts already... I never really used the buddy list before.

Do I think I should befriend if I just like someone without ever really having engaged with them to any great extent? Not really - I have, at some point, engaged with all the people I have listed as 'friends' now. If I get a request from someone I actively dislike or someone I don't know I'll decline.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can't resist this thread, but please resist naming names.

I have seen one or two friends lists that have included some surprises.
You ain't lying. :yup:

Also do you think you should befriend if you just like someone without ever really having engaged with them to any great extent?
No, I do not. Those people should be on your contacts list.

Honestly, I was shocked at the number of people who wanted to be my friend. It was actually kinda heartwarming. :smile: I have a bit of a Sally Field moment everytime that little bolded phrase pops up in the upper right hand corner of my screen.

Believe it or not, there are some very hot men on this site with whom I never discuss sex. I find it interesting that many of the men with the most beautiful bodies and cocks are also well above average in intelligence. I learn something everytime I come here and I like that. :cool:

For instance there a few men who share my love of muscle cars. While I couldn't rebuild a transmission if you paid me, I can discuss why the Shelby Cobra 427 is superior to the 67 Mustang with a fair degree of intelligence. :cool::wink:

Last edited:

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I found I have yet to reject a single "friend" invite but then I have never made a secret of those I like and those I don't.

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
All of mine have been folk I have had some kind of contact with, although some more than others, admittedly.

I think in future it could be a nice way to 'strike up' a conversation with someone you don't know, have been to shy to say 'hi' to (do we have shy people round here?!?! :rolleyes: :tongue:) but would like to know better....

A little less formal and more 'open' than a pm which can so easily be rejected as more spam.

and yes! :lmao: peoples lists have been more than interesting!

And all the flirting that's going on too! :biggrin1:
I think that's cute :tongue:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I chose politeness over rejection. :wink:

That's what I've done. A number of people with whom I've had no contact have sent me "friendship requests". I haven't declined one yet. But I figure that eventually I'll weed some out.

On the other hand, my Mancunt buddy list is four pages of ass, so who knows?

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
do you think you should befriend if you just like someone without ever really having engaged with them to any great extent?

Nope - I would like to be quite certain on their views and personalities before making them friends...

Have deleted quite a few initial contacts and even two where I was to fast to click 'yes'.

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Believe it or not, there are some very hot men on this site with whom I never discuss sex. I find it interesting that many of the men with the most beautiful bodies and cocks are also well above average in intelligence.

So true - and amazing. Even guys can be intelligent! :tongue::wink::rolleyes:

D

deleted3782

I've gotten a few requests from people I have never chatted with. Glass half full, maybe we will become friends...its part of the myspacification of lpsg.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
LOL funny how that never happens here. :tongue:

You sure ? :biggrin1:

Well - it did at least once - Remember blackkid? She was a lesbian with an interest in the phallus and pretended to be a guy with a phallus for the first while she was here. Then she outed herself in a blog and I've not heard much from her since. I didn't see anyone being particularly mean to her after she posted that blog but she stopped posting anyway.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So far I've been adding all who I've had friendly contact with a couple of times, but only sent out invites to the other mods and folks I've spoken to off the site for a significant length of time.

Where the lists were initially public I figured people would prefer to keep their associations private and I don't want anyone to feel they have to accept on invite so I won't be sending out anymore.

I am enjoying the little Sally Fields moments though. They like me? Cool!

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some have been people I talk with on a regular basis, some have been people I have had fun interacting with on various forums and some are those I am just getting to know and are enjoying talking with more recently. Yes, there were invitations that were surprising to me but I havent yet rejected any requests.

As for being surprised as to who has whom on their friends list, not at all. We each have our own level of interaction with members here on the board.

Last edited: