Surprises: Do You Like Them?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I LOVE to be surprised on Christmas morning or my birthday by the gift(s) which I receive. In recent years this has become difficult as my mom says she has no idea how to shop for me anymore. This makes no sense as I am the easiest person on the planet to shop for. I don't mind if I know one or two things I am getting but I like to be surprised when I open my gifts.

This year I did something I haven't done in ages. I made a Christmas List of things I liked. :rolleyes: I made sure to write down sizes, colors, brand names, and where to find the items. I should also mention that although there were about 20 things on the list, I did not expect 20 presents. I expected her to pick and choose what she could afford to purchase for me. My parents are retired and on fixed income; so I am grateful for the fact they get me anything. :redface: If it meant just getting one expensive item, such as the Ugg, Cove boot, size 9, in black leather that was fine. Or if she chose to purchase a few less expensive items for me that was fine too. The goal for me was to be surprised on Christmas morning.

My mother was confused by this for reasons which I still don't comprehend. :confused:

So yesterday we went to the Arbor Place Mall around 3 PM and stayed until about 8 PM! :yikes: I had to try on everything :12: I hate trying on clothes. We picked out some wardrobe staples, and some funky casual and dressy items. I was actually surprised at how low prices were in some of the smaller chain stores. But now I know what I am getting and won't be surprised. :frown1:

I'd rather she go buy me something on her own and have to return it than be there with her selecting and trying on every item.

Which do you prefer? To be surprised or know everything you are getting before hand?

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
No! I hate surprises.

If u are planning to surprise me then u have to tell me in advance.

Then I will pretend to be surprised.

With my hair done.

Last edited:
D

deleted3782

I haven't gotten a present on Christmas Day for 10 years, and I haven't been "surprised" by a present for longer than that. Before we quit exchanging presents, my family would always get me practical things (which was cool) like towels, sheets, tools, and food...hardly things to be surprised about!