Suspect arrested in Arkansas recruiting center shooting

Discussion in 'Politics' started by faceking, Jun 1, 2009.

1. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Suspect arrested in Arkansas recruiting center shooting - CNN.com

Love this article and the lefty news outlet known as CNN, ignoring the 500 lb gorilla in the cerebral room of journalism. They love to speculate elsewhere, but will leave this one alone. Shocker.

bdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad -- a 24-year-old Little Rock resident formerly known as Carlos Bledsoe -- faces a first-degree murder charge and 15 counts of engaging in a terrorist act, Little Rock Police Chief Stuart Thomas said.

Although military officials initially believed that the shooting was a random act, Thomas said police think the shooter acted alone "with the specific purpose of targeting military personnel."

2. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

Let's see how the left tards among us try to evade the obvious

3. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Racist.

Terrorist fear mongerer.

4. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
    Religious lunatic "fighting" against the USA domination of his fellow brethren? :rolleyes:

Could he face federal charges?

Does Arkansas have the death penalty? :smile:

5. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Police statements that there was religious and ideological motivation... left out of the piece. Nice CNN. Faux News ! Faux News ! Faux News!!!!

Reminds me of the attacks in India...even when the gunmen were yanked out yelling Allah and their religious mission the lefty outlets still left it out "for fear of unfair reaction against Muslims". :confused:

6. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

No... if the guy shot & killed the man in 1st Degree Murder, he deserves to be put in prison and hung by his balls. Period. Let's see if you can keep to that, and at least wait until the investigation is complete and a motive declared before you jump to your obvious conclusion.

7. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    Murder has been done. Facts are still coming in. A horrible situation.

What kind of person goes straight to partisan baiting in this instance?

Wow.

8. midlifebear

Gold Member

Starinvestor is the kind of person who goes straight to partisan baiting in this instance. He's also most likely the guy from his high school graduating class to lock and load and go postal, killing anyone and everything in his path he perceives as impediments to his personal success. Starinvestor (and his few pals in the political forums) is one of the most frightened, frustrated and potentially dangerous ranters on LPSG. His lack of patience as well as limited smarts leave the impression of a pathetic, self-appointed loser in the game of life. Maybe a new hobby like collecting and petting and talking to guns would help round out his lop-sided character?

EDIT: Just a thought, but from what we now know about maternal mitochondrial DNA Starinvestor and Carlos Bledsoe might just be fourth or fifth cousins! Imagine the irony.

#8 midlifebear, Jun 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  9. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    You even need ask?

10. Mark_UK

Mark_UK New Member

Albums:
    Fuck me, its so funny when Americans try to play politics they really have not got a clue.

11. B_starinvestor

Good point.

We'll bow to a teenager from England on the subject of American politics.

Now, get your lunchbox ready and good luck on the spelling test today.

12. B_starinvestor

Good synopsis, Magellan.:rolleyes: Your skills at evaluating the human psyche are once again perilously inadequate and woefully false.

FYI, never owned or shot a gun. No interest in either, ever.

frightened? No
    frustrated? Abso-fucking-lutely
    dangerous? Negatory

13. houtx48

Gold Member

Starinvestor is the kind of person who goes straight...............lollllllllllllllllllllllll don't tell facey

14. Freddie53

Gold Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mark_UK [​IMG]
    Fuck me, its so funny when Americans try to play politics they really have not got a clue.

Different people come to different conclusions. Unfortunately, I agree with Mark_UK. Too many Americans want to know the circusmstance of the tragedy before they will take a stand. If it is a "liberal" that did something tragic, the too many liberals want to cry "the media is picking on us" If it is a conservative that did the disaster, then the some conservatives are out there crying, "The media is picking on us."

In this case I don't care what the afflication of the murderer is, he should be brought to a reasonably swift and a just sentence for his actions. I couldn't care less as to his political views.

To the point, in Arkansas, there is a provision for the death penalty. First degree meditated murder has to be either life in prison without the possibility of parole or capital punishment.

NOW TO CNN:

Before I make a judgment on CNN. Was this report a breaking report before it was confirmed who the guy was and what is politicla persuation was (is). Do you realize how much CNN could be sued if some bystander gave the wrong name? CNN can say thqat their arfe reports that the murderer is a Muislim or is six feet tall etc. But first and last name. Very doubtful until that information is released from the police.

The issue I want answered is once that information was relleased by the Arkansas State Police, did CNN then give the information about the name and all information that could be verified about the person who did the murdering.

If CNN did report this information later, then this thread is not relevant. If CNN did not give that piece of news later, then CNN needs to be chastised by viewers everywere by filling their real mail boxes with letters and letters of disgust and disapproval. Not becasue it was right wing, left wing or dead center, but because it is irresponsible news reporting by a major media outlet. We as American citizens shouldn't let them get away with it if it is indeed true.

There are ways to demand and get correct infofmation on what really happened. It may be slower being known than we like, but it can be done if we demand and expect it.

In short, we shouldn't be holding a discussion about what wing this is. Instead our discussion should be about if does this story pan out to be correct in that CNN never in a timely manner told the whole story. That is the REAL NEWS here that needs investigating and if true, fixing by the people who watch the New on TV.

15. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

NBC as well, perhaps?

check out this blog:

NBC Skips Islamic Conversion of Shooter, Trip to Yemen

Tuesday's "Today" show completely ignored two facts about a man who murdered a soldier at an Army recruiting station in Arkansas: He had just converted to Islam and was being investigated by the FBI for a trip to Yemen. Instead, NBC's Ann Curry, in anchor briefs throughout the show, vaguely explained that Abdulhakim Muhammad was "upset with the military." Both ABC and CBS mentioned the conversion and the Yemen trip. (emphasis added)

NBC Skips Islamic Conversion of Shooter, Trip to Yemen | NewsBusters.org

16. Mark_UK

Mark_UK New Member

Albums:
    yeah ha ha very funny actualy you see in order to use these people who would see the end of america as some ammunition in the childish version of politics you play in america, you have to understand why they hate America so much and its because they see american society as decadent, base, arrogant, ill-educated, perverted and just down right nasty and to a lot of people in the world they have a very good point. I am not saying its necesscarily a valid view, but it one that is very widely held.

17. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have no idea what this thread is even about... the conservatives seem to be alluding to something, but aren't coming out and saying it.

If you have a bit of wisdom for us, don't hold it back.

18. sparky11point5

sparky11point5 New Member

Tripod --

As a dedicated opposition researcher, I think I understand the issue for conservatives. Fundamentally, it is the need to make a 'false equivalence' to prove one of their core beliefs. After re-reading Facey's cryptic post and Nick's unique form or fascist Haiku conserva-bonics, I believe the issue is media bias.

Thus, in reaction to the assassination of a US Army recruiter, the conservatives want the media to emphasize the religious and ethnic motivation for the crime. The idea is that every news outlet should immediately posit that the murder was committed by a hardened Muslim extremist, a fanatic, a hater of 'freedom', and a symptom of a persistent threat to America. They would then demand that everyone also condemn this act with as much vitriol as they feel, or be labeled a libtard, weak, Anti-American, or a terrorist sympathizer.

Of course, sane people will say it's a heinous crime, and that the police did an outstanding job rapidly capturing the suspect. We will trust that the state courts will eventually deliver justice. We will worry somewhat about domestic terrorism (despite the right wing attempts to dismiss this issue as long as it is about 'Christian', white militia members). Yet, we will see this as fundamentally a law and order issue, similar to the Newburgh case.

Yet, this will not be sufficient. The need is for immediate, visceral denouncement of the perpetrator, despite not knowing much besides his name, skin color, and some initial reports from the police.

In other words, it's a conservative 'test' for who is more American, and an attempt to show that some media is biased, and that their favorite is actually 'fair and balanced.

Did I get that right, guys?

19. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Nick666: Whether or not the killer was an Islam Convert is not the main issue, no matter how much you try to turn it into one.

20. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sparky, your insight into the conservative mind is TOP NOTCH!!!! :biggrin1:

It's not as if anyone could ever have a problem with the military right? The U.S. military is just a bunch of angels! lol!!!

If I went and did the same thing... I would HIGHLY doubt that the news media would trot out my Lutheran background and assume that I was a killer for Martin Luther and the Protestant cause.

#20 tripod, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
Draft saved Draft deleted