Swearing??

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Relentless Original, Aug 22, 2009.

1. D_Relentless Original

Albums:
    I work with a person who never swears and i kinda feel guilty about swearing in front of him.

What do you think of people that swear?.

Do you swear?.

If so,what word do you use most?.

What word if any, do you find offensive?.

2. B_Dustydo

B_Dustydo New Member

I can swear fit to turn the air blue but I pick my moments.

I don't swear around children.
    I do swear when driving.

3. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Um somehow I got into a terrible habit around the age of 19 of swearing like a sailor. My mother said to me "There are so many beautiful words in all the languages around the world...I wish you would learn some of them." I cleaned up my act after that. Although I love the word FUCK I like to say it, I like to do it, I like to write it. But mostly use the word in the privacy of my own home when I'm alone, It's not uncommon for me to say "Where the fuck are my fucking keys?" In terms of anyone else swearing I don't like references to the vaginal or mammary areas of the female form made in the company of ladies.

4. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

I went to a rather rough school and I picked up the habit of swearing like a trooper.

To me the word "fuck" or "fucking" is used for emphasis and I have been known to use "bastard" as a term of endearment.

I do moderate it though, especially around say... my grandmother. But I have also been in a situation where I was talking away to somebody who didn't swear at all, and tried to hide that he didn't like me swearing - and I felt awful every time the word "fucking" accidentally flew out my mouth when describing something mundane.

It's now annoying me actually - I can't help but inject swear words into conversations, it's just how I talk. It's fairly acceptable in most company in Scotland, but I've still been trying to reign it in and moderate my language, but changing how you talk is surprisingly difficult.

5. MrToolhung

Gold Member

The C*NT word. That is my Mothers influence.

6. D_MisterBater

D_MisterBater New Member

one of my bad habits.

favorite swear word? fuck.

7. bigboy9239

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, I have worked in two occupations that use swear words all the time....Law Enforcement, and transportation (Trucking AND Railroading). I try not to swear , because it really does reflect on the user, and I'm trying to be a good Christian...but every now and again...some asshole does something so fucking stupid that it causes me to blow my top...and I have to use that language again. NOTE: I don't want to..but they force me to ..those slack jawed motherfuckers...OH sorry...LOL.
    MY BAD.

8. BirdinMo

BirdinMo Member

Albums:
    All the time. Driving is the worst with me, I will go all out if you cut me off and call you (most of the time keep in mind) a "stupid mother f*cker who needs to get his god damn head out of his f*ckin a$$ and learn to f*ckin drive righ,.....stupid mother f*cker" Followed by a pro longed middle finger waving at you.

9. Notthe7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Oh BOY. In a nut shell, I almost got fired for "using the word 'fuck' repeatedly infront of young impressionable kids" (manager's quote). The young kids are about 16-18.

He pretty much told me to clean my act up or ELSE.

I've gotten a lot better about being able to WATCH my tongue but It's still a big part of who I am. I don't much care for anyone's opninon of me unless they have some bearing in my future or my money. I do believe in being polite and respectful. Just don't piss me off.

Favorite word: Slut and cunt.
    Favorite MOMENT cursing: A guy telling me he could never ever date me because of my mouth.... (someone cut me off whilstttt driving on our second date). Whoops@!

10. luka82

Gold Member

Serbian language has lovely swearing terms :)
    PUSI KURAC!-suck dick!
    JEBEM TI MATER!-I`m fucking your mother!
    KUCKIN SINE!-son of a bitch!
    JEBI SE!-fuck u!
    JEDI GOVNA!-eat shit!
    NE SERI!-don`t shit!
    JEBOTE!-fuck!
    ( and many more, the translation is literal)

#10 luka82, Aug 23, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  11. BigA11x7

BigA11x7 New Member

Your post reminded me of a webcomic I saw a while back.

Loserz - [531] You Can't Take Bens Out In Public

12. blg3floor3

blg3floor3 New Member

I've known two females like that. A previous gf and a girl I know at work. I, too, feel bad when I swear around them, so I try not to.

I try to keep the cleanliness of my language at a level comparable to the lowest common denominator of whatever social situation I'm in. Sometimes though, things creep in accidentally.

I hardly notice if someone is a swearer or not. Swearing is neither here nor there to me, so I really don't care if others do it or not.

Yes. a lot. Very, very prolifically. They're just words to me; not dirty, offensive, or taboo. Which is why filtering in the online world really annoys the fucking shit out of me. There are so many people out there in the world that are so repressed about so many things. Swearing is such a petty thing to get hissy about.

Fuck, and it's various forms.

13. B_am12388

B_am12388 New Member

I'm actually telling the truth when I say "I never swear", ever.

14. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

I like a person that swears. It shows that they're free of social constraints and usually more open to a larger array of things than the average non-swearer.

Depends on the company. I have complete control over it, subconsciously anyway.

FUCK!

Cunt and any racial slur.

15. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't mind ppl swearing at all. I find it relaxing and de-stressing lol. I go through periodic phases of cleaning my act up, but find that when I don't swear no-one even notices anyway.

Favourite - bollocks.
    Offensive - racial stuff, or homophobic I guess.

16. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I cuss like a sailor, and normally say fuck and shit the most. Only time I really curb my language for anyone is if I'm around other peoples children. I do limit how much I say around my own son, but not as much.

17. RawDog

Gold Member

Albums:
    A guy I work with wants to put a swear jar in the office.

YouTube - Swear Jar

He claims my contributions alone could put him through college.

Fucker.

18. B_stu.kay823

B_stu.kay823 New Member

muttley, I think MY contribution alone would pay for your coleague's degree.

I don't know why people are shocked when I swear, maybe it has to do with my profession (legal) and the amount of restraint that is implicit.

Mind you, I never swear in the courtroom, but in the office and elsewhere behind closed doors I have a navy behind my tongue

19. Viking_UK

Gold Member

It looks like I'm in the minority here. I rarely swear, but when I do, there's a good reason.

I think it's more effective that way. If you swear all the time, no-one takes any notice, but for people who know me, if I'm swearing, it's time to get out of my way - either that or break out the popcorn.

20. dolfette

Gold Member

they're just words.
    i don't mind them being used. i use them myself.
    i do however object to the work 'fuck/fucking' being used every third word.

Draft saved Draft deleted