Sweat

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Questions about sweat.
Why, after a cardio/metcon workout, do my sweaty clothes smell like ammonia?

Also, what body chemistry change would cause my body odor/sweat to smell different? I haven't changed my diet or anything. Starting a couple weeks ago I noticed it. I'm not sure if it's me or if our washing machine isn't working so well.

D

deleted957094

The real answer is nonstop biochemistry, the short answer is youre burning your bcaa supplements or muscle for energy; The smell is from nitrogen break down

Reactions: AlteredEgo

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Must be muscle then, because I don't take supps. If that's the case, I probably need to eat more carbs? Don't want to burn muscle for energy, right?

D

deleted957094

Right, as a trainer I'd tell you that intense cardio/metcon isn't the best form of training, but that's a long story. Eat 20g of maltodextrin or karbolyn prior to exercise (and add 5g of bcaas)

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks.
As for metcons and cardio, I try to limit it to once a week. Other times I lift, but often that results with the ammonia smell, too. I usually don't workout more than three days a week, but I'm very active around the house all the time, working up a sweat with yardwork, etc.

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Ammonia and other unpleasant smells of human sweat are primarily second hand by-products of bacteria on our skin which ingest the water, salt and nitrogenous wastes excreted by our sweat glands. In other words, bacteria eat your sweat and you smell their excrement. That's why your sweat doesn't smell badly right away. It takes time for the microbes to do their work. The longer you sweat the stinkier it gets.

D

deleted957094

I actually really like it, but I don't think it's worth the cost-for ne or clients. Cytomax carbs 2 is cheap and does the trick. There's a difference between normal body odor and body odor that changes depending on activity.