Sweatpants... What Brand?

I remember in high school those of us in sports were given sweatpants from the athletic department. I really liked them, medium-thick, soft fleece. They were very comfortable and showed the goods lol. I practically lived in them, same as most of my friends. I would really like to get a pair that fit and feel like them again, but I cannot remember what brand they were. I am sure they were some no name brand since they were given out by the school. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

SweatsBulge

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
N2N is pretty wild. I'm not brave enought to wear those in public but they look great. As I mentioned in another thread, I love the latest sweatpants from DIESEL and G-STAR. They are stylish, but they show a nice package. There are some nice sweatshorts at Bluefly.com from "Vince" that look great and are tight-fitting. I prefer the grey marl ones. I'm not much turned on by the skirt-sized baggy basketball shorts. They're cool, but I like the tight-fitting stuff.

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
My high school got all of our stuff from Boathouse or Champion. I definitely had pants as described above that were awesome, and I haven't been able to find anything quite like them for the last few years.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Soffe and Starter make sweatpants for schools and organizations that are less expensive than Champion and Russell Athletic. You can find Soffe and Starter at no frills sporting goods stores.

I'm not much turned on by the skirt-sized baggy basketball shorts. They're cool, but I like the tight-fitting stuff.
Some of the shorts being sold as basketball shorts are excessively long and baggy. Fortunately, there are numerous varieties of mesh shorts that fit more like standard gym shorts. I see more of the gym short cut on the local basketball courts than I see the ones that come down to the ankles (how could you play bball in those?). Champion and Russell Athletic make the ones that fit best. Nike has some that I like, but many are too loose and too baggy, so you have to try them on first. Champion is my overall favorite.

BigMeatNJ

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i have been looking for the old style sweatpants for years now...the kind from high school with the string tie waist through the wide tunnel waistband and the elastic cuffed ankles. they were not too thick, not too thin, not too baggy, and just tight enough to show nice bulge but not skin tight. those are what I wish they still made

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i have been looking for the old style sweatpants for years now...the kind from high school with the string tie waist through the wide tunnel waistband and the elastic cuffed ankles. they were not too thick, not too thin, not too baggy, and just tight enough to show nice bulge but not skin tight. those are what I wish they still made
Hey BigMeatNJ: You should be able to find them easily at a sporting goods store. Some of the brands offer a choice of standard weight or heavy weight fabric. Try them on in the dressing rooms and see if they fit the way you like before you buy them - something you can't do on line.

chadstallion

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
N2N is pretty wild. I'm not brave enought to wear those in public but they look great. As I mentioned in another thread, I love the latest sweatpants from DIESEL and G-STAR. They are stylish, but they show a nice package. There are some nice sweatshorts at Bluefly.com from "Vince" that look great and are tight-fitting. I prefer the grey marl ones. I'm not much turned on by the skirt-sized baggy basketball shorts. They're cool, but I like the tight-fitting stuff.

N2N... many years ago I visited LA and found their store in West Hollywood. Went in, visited with the owner, who also was doing the sewing upstairs!, and told him I liked the sweat pants but need a 36' inseam. He custom made 3 pair for me. On the next visit he had a double-lined pair of sweatpants he was thinking about making. So I ordered 3 more pair of that variety. He has since sold out to a larger company and cant get any custom work done these days. They are GREAT pants.