Sweetest thing ever?

bluekarma

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Ah, he really is sweet on you Curiousgirl. Weak in the knees conjures up so many visions. I wish you both well.

Thank you Love-it. He is really an amazing person and I'm very sweet on him as well. I suppose it's true that if you wait long enough good things do come your way.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, this one didn't happen to me, but it is one of the sweetest stories I've ever heard.

My dad's parents were farmers, very poor. They scraped out their existence. Grandpa got up before dawn every morning, and went out to tend the animals and work the fields, all day, and came back in at sunset. Grandmother also got up before dawn to fix his breakfast, then did the household chores. All the cooking was on a wood-burning stove, the house didn't have running water, just the pump. She washed clothes in a washtub, used a washboard to scrub them. So, they both spent every minute of the day just surviving.

When my parents married, they needed a place to stay while they looked for a home of their own. My dad suggested that they stay with his parents for a couple of months. Mom wasn't too sure, she thought it would be a burden on her new in-laws. Mom had commented once on how pretty the field across the road was, when it was covered in blackeyed susan flowers.

Mom & dad had gone out looking for a place to live, and came back that evening. When mom walked in to the room where they were going to sleep, it was completely filled with blackeyed susans, in every container my grandmother could find. Every cup, drinking glass, and old tin can in the house was filled with flowers... even the butter churn. Grandmother had taken several precious hours out of her work day to make sure that mom knew she was loved and welcomed into the home and the family.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
These are such lovely stories, they brought tears come to my eyes. And don’t hate me, but WingNut’s comment still has me snickering.

While there are so many great things that others have done for me in my life, one sticks out.

My mother-in-law was terminally ill with a very rare disease. Because my father-in-law had to work many hours due to mounting medical bills, I quit my job to take care of her for the last year and a half as she was pretty much bed bound. She ended up in intensive care on several occasions. She had so many health issues, including skin that would tear off if regular IV tape was used and veins that were so weak they would collapse, and because the hospital consistently rotated it’s staff, no one would remember her ailments.

As a result, and despite very strong and sometimes hostile hospital resistance, we decided we would always have someone with her. Since my father-in-law and husband were both the owners of their businesses and were swamped, I basically lived in the intensive care unit with mom for weeks. During a particularly rough period where mom would panic if she did not see me in the room, I was dirty, hungry, sick of hospital cuisine, and exhausted. I had taken three of those metal cafeteria-type chairs and lined them up to sleep on in the room, stealing a pillow and using my coat for a cover since they would not let me bring in a blanket of my own.

I had reached a point of feeling sorry for myself, crabby, impatient, and just wanted to go home. Just when I thought I would break, I woke up one evening to find that during their shift change, someone had set up the bedside table with a home cooked meal, a blanket and fresh pillow, and one of the plastic hospital bins filled with little toiletries and towel. Next to it was a card that simply said, “Your mom knows you are here, and she will always remember.”

I never found out who did it, but that one act of kindness helped me make it thru.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
These are such lovely stories, they brought tears come to my eyes. And don’t hate me, but WingNut’s comment still has me snickering.

While there are so many great things that others have done for me in my life, one sticks out.

My mother-in-law was terminally ill with a very rare disease. Because my father-in-law had to work many hours due to mounting medical bills, I quit my job to take care of her for the last year and a half as she was pretty much bed bound. She ended up in intensive care on several occasions. She had so many health issues, including skin that would tear off if regular IV tape was used and veins that were so weak they would collapse, and because the hospital consistently rotated it’s staff, no one would remember her ailments.

As a result, and despite very strong and sometimes hostile hospital resistance, we decided we would always have someone with her. Since my father-in-law and husband were both the owners of their businesses and were swamped, I basically lived in the intensive care unit with mom for weeks. During a particularly rough period where mom would panic if she did not see me in the room, I was dirty, hungry, sick of hospital cuisine, and exhausted. I had taken three of those metal cafeteria-type chairs and lined them up to sleep on in the room, stealing a pillow and using my coat for a cover since they would not let me bring in a blanket of my own.

I had reached a point of feeling sorry for myself, crabby, impatient, and just wanted to go home. Just when I thought I would break, I woke up one evening to find that during their shift change, someone had set up the bedside table with a home cooked meal, a blanket and fresh pillow, and one of the plastic hospital bins filled with little toiletries and towel. Next to it was a card that simply said, “Your mom knows you are here, and she will always remember.”

I never found out who did it, but that one act of kindness helped me make it thru.

Wow, that brought tears to my eyes, a deeper understanding of what matters, imparted by an unknown but kind stranger.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I haven't really had anybody do anything out of the ordinary sweet for me. The nicest thing somebody has done for me is probably a friend sticking up for me when I had a couple kids that wanted to fight me.

There are two things that I have done that when people find out about they always go aww. One was when me and a friend were drunk his girlfriend was kind of all over me. She used to be my girlfriend but she cheated on me with him and she ended up dating him after we broke up. Anyway while she was all over me he started flipping out and I told her I'm not going to do that to him and to stop it. He started crying and for some reason I ended up doing the same... it was a weird night.
Another thing was I had this girlfriend that I actuall quit smoking weed for. Thats a shocker. It didn't last too long after I quit. She left me for someone else. While I was with her I also kept the ticket stub from everytime we went to the movies including before we were going out and I just liked her. And I used to walk up her house at night all the time through a bad neighborhood just to see her.
Other than that I have just done stuff like sticking up for my friends but that is something anyone would do.

Full_Phil

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When the wonderful man who raised me discovered and finally accepted that he was not my blood father, he still chose to become the finest parent a boy could wish for and always was there for me until his recent demise. My memory of him now is the sweetest thing in my life.