Swim club offers olive branch after racism allegations

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Swim club offers olive branch after racism allegations

By Susan Candiotti and Ross Levitt

(CNN) -- A suburban Philadelphia swim club has invited children from a largely minority day-care center to come back after a June reversal that fueled allegations of racism against the club, a spokeswoman said Sunday. The development came during a hastily called Sunday afternoon meeting of the Valley Club in Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania. Club members voted overwhelmingly to try to work things out with the day-care center, which accused some swim club members of making racist comments to black and Hispanic children contracted to use the pool, said Bernice Duesler, the club director's wife.

However, Wright's lawyer, Carolyn Nicholas, said the center will give the Valley Club's offer "due consideration" once it is received and looks forward to sitting down with the parties. "The children are our primary concern," Nicholas told CNN. Swimming privileges for about 65 children from Creative Steps were revoked after their first visit June 29. Some children said white members of the club made racist comments to the children, asking why "black children were there" and raising concerns that "they might steal from us." Days later, the day-care center's $1,950 check was returned, Wright said. Club director John Duesler told CNN that he had underestimated the amount of children who would participate, and the club was unable to supervise that many kids. He called his club "very diverse," and said it had offered to let day camps in the Philadelphia area use his facility after budget cuts forced some pools in the area to close. Wright has rejected the camp's contention that the swim club's pool was overcrowded. The club had accepted a 10-to-1 ratio of children to adults and was considering adding up to three lifeguards, according to e-mails obtained by CNN.

:mad: :irked: :angryfire2: :mad: :irked: :angryfire2: :mad: :irked: :angryfire2:
The hate and ignorance just never friggin' ends!

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is happening in my neighborhood too, not the perceived racism, but since school budget cuts have closed a lot of schools for the summer, the parents drop their little brats off at the public pool. Most of these kids are juvenile delinquents anyways, so they go to the pool and disrupt and terrorize the seniors and whoever else they come in contact with, especially those that have to work there and just wanted to take a low stress job ? And then the parents are notorious for saddling the community with taking care of them while they are at work. Too cheap for a babysitter or these kids would be latch key kids anyway. I recall a co-worker that used to take his to school even though he knew they were sick and contagious. After he perked them up to get in school, they inevitably would call him at work and tell him to come get the kids. It was already too late, they had come in contact and spread whatever it was they were carriers for.

Anyway, when I come home from work, the parents are blocking the roadway picking up their little fucktard kids. Let me explain before anyone goes off saying Transformer_99 hates children and pets. The main road has a fair amount of traffic on it, so the parents cruise the pool/block and then stop in the middle of the road, rather than drive down the side street into the parking lot where the children could be more safely picked up. They do have an entrance to the building and the pool there too, so it's not like it's any inconvenience for the parents to pick their children up that way and not be on a busy street ? I'm thinking the adults are too lazy to park and get out of the car to go get their own children ? With a system like this, the whole inconvenience of blocking traffic and making it a nightmare for anyone to get home would be averted. But this would make too much sense ? Just me, I drop a kid off, I'm going to park and walk the kid to the door and turn them over to a responsible adult and when I pick them up, the same is going to happen, I want my child to be turned over to me in pretty much the same condition I dropped the child off in ?