Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ive have started swimming at the local swim club that offer swimming lessons, adult lap swim and recreational swim for the last 3 months now. i usually do lap swimming in the morning or late at night (mostly adult swimmers). and when it came to showering, the stalls are open and the few guys that are there bathe nude. they are alway chatting and laughing together and seemed very comfortable. so i aways just showered nude too.

recently i start my lap swimming at a different time, were there are more young and high school swimmers present. so i was showering nude like usual and all the high school swimmers looked at me like i was krazy! i notice they always shower with their speedo on. NO one was naked. so im assuming if the showers are wide open, i should be less exposed. so is the norm to covered up in a public shower?

camchain

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
no. a shower is a shower, do you keep covered up at home? no, so why should you there, and yes, it is just the same here in the uk, silly peopel.

AZNbanana

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
im guessing americans think showering in a open room together is for gays. or teens are just very shy and get weirded out by the whole nudity part. i just feel super uncomfortable when they give me weird looks, so i dont go nude anymore. it seems its only ok to go nude if there is a stall.

ya its aready very hard to get clean since the public pool is heavly chlorinated. they dont even take off there suits and some times they dont even use soap!

visceraltuning

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Their attitudes are different because of the age/maturity difference. Adults think and act different than adolescents. To them, you are nuts. In this instance, it is because you are comfortable with yourself in the nude while they are not comfortable with you or themselves in the nude, probably because their bodies are quite different than they were just a few years earlier and the implications are still being processed and sorted out.

If you want to fit in (be viewed as normal), then be with mature minded adults, those that have not only heard about the birds and the bees, but experienced them. You are not going to fit in with high school adolescents or adults in a state of arrested development.

Last edited:

D_Hammond Happydipper

Account Disabled
Media
ive have started swimming at the local swim club that offer swimming lessons, adult lap swim and recreational swim for the last 3 months now. i usually do lap swimming in the morning or late at night (mostly adult swimmers). and when it came to showering, the stalls are open and the few guys that are there bathe nude. they are alway chatting and laughing together and seemed very comfortable. so i aways just showered nude too.

recently i start my lap swimming at a different time, were there are more young and high school swimmers present. so i was showering nude like usual and all the high school swimmers looked at me like i was krazy! i notice they always shower with their speedo on. NO one was naked. so im assuming if the showers are wide open, i should be less exposed. so is the norm to covered up in a public shower?

It's a damn good thing I broke that a long time ago 5 years ago to be exact.

I was nervous the first time second time a little bit nervous third time I was not nervous at all . :rolleyes: Also I never got a boner

I had to do this while I was in juvenile hall. Yeah I was A bad boy

lol

My phony confidence worked nicely also.

ward8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
At the YMCA pool I always went out of my way to show myself naked to any teenagers there, some would respond in kind to show their stuff and even some wood.

D_Terry_Misue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
funny, I was just noticing the same thing.

I work out at a local college and on fridays I finish my workout at the same time the swim team is finishing practice. (obviously, gym and pool share a locker room).

Showers are the open 'gang' showers. no stalls at all. I always shower naked (and walk to/from showers with my towel over my shoulder...I'm a exhibitionist at heart!). Ocassionaly, it will just be one other swimmer and I showering. If this is the case, that swimmer will start his shower in speedo, but then strip down.

However, if a group come in all together (as is usually the case), they all stay in their speedos for the shower while I shower naked. I've never noticed their reaction and I don't care.

PHB

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
having been a professional swimmer for years and currently working in a swimming centre, i've noticed a lot of behaviours in the baths.

the norm here in denmark is to shower naked as we come. most people do it, but still some shower with speedos on, which is not only atypical but also really gross.
I use this example:
some of the swimmers on the team I coach are jogging or riding their bikes to the swimming centre. physical activity causes sweating (surprise!!!), and the unventilated areas on the body, the penis area, will of course get moist and house thousands of bacteria...
so if a man is sweaty-looking, how would you like to share water with his sweat? especially the sweat inside of his speedos?

i recommend to always shower naked before and after swimming in chlorine. don't care if a teenager stares at you, you're the clean one!

Ionto

Sexy Member
Media
having been a professional swimmer for years and currently working in a swimming centre, i've noticed a lot of behaviours in the baths.

the norm here in denmark is to shower naked as we come. most people do it, but still some shower with speedos on, which is not only atypical but also really gross.

Yes, I can confirm this. I go to Denmark about once a year - unfortunately not often to Copenhaguen - and in the sport centre pool where I usually train there are notices up in the shower room to tell you to take everything off and wash with soap and water. The locker rooms are down a long corridor and most people walk naked from one to the other. I don't think I've ever seen anyone shower that wasn't naked.

On the other hand, in town there is a big swimming complex used more for social swimming, and I've noticed there that teenagers and men in their early twenties often shower with their swim things on. So it may be a tendency. Older men never do, and generally fathers with their kids are naked too.

JohnDoeXXXm

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
if i wasn't concerned about some ass clown calling the police, I'd be very tempted to do crazy naked stuff in the health club locker room showers, just to help the shy guys get over themselves and realize that they are part of humanity.

We're the only animal that walks around with covering- and not just for protection from the elements.

MrGoodDate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I prefer the open showers in southern France, where anyone showers to get the salf off their body. Women and men just go buff and shower until the work is done.

D_Terry_Misue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
was at the gym. swim team was showering after practice and i was showering after my workout.

there I am naked and proud surrounded by a bunch (5-6) of younger guys showering in their speedos. WTF? If you're wearing a speedo, you are practically naked anyway. right?

other thing that was funny: they were in the showers before me, and I could hear them carrying on, laughing, etc while showering, but when I got in there they quieted down...I guess havinig a naked dude there made them feel uncomfortable?