Swim Clubs showering norms.....

D_Terry_Misue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
was at the gym. swim team was showering after practice and i was showering after my workout.

there I am naked and proud surrounded by a bunch (5-6) of younger guys showering in their speedos. WTF? If you're wearing a speedo, you are practically naked anyway. right?

QUOTE]

same scenerio except it was the rugby team showering...no modesty there! those boys were naked and proud. haha.

Mogluver

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think that the problem starts in high school, back in the old days we were all required to have a jock and a uniform, and everyone showered with soap after pe. Today I would suspect that is not the case. I was reading that the lack of showers after pe is causing poor health habits among high school kids. When I was in school you learned positive habits for life, and being clean was a large part of the training.

Back to the swimming, I swim at a public pool and I have noticed that the swim team kids like to keep their speedos intact in the shower. I would guess that not washing them off causes the lycra to lose it's strength at a faster rate, so parents have to buy new gear?

D_Raymond Handler

Account Disabled
Media
I think that the young men today are absolutely wierd. There was a sign in my small town gym last summer asking men to not be naked in the locker room. I posted another sign saying someting like "eek - a naked man in the men's locker room!! run, girls, run". The sign disappeared. It's all totally nuts (pardon the pun).

I posted a comment about this in another thread. Here it is again:

I have seen that in the shower room as well. I find it interesting that guys on the swim team who wear something as skimpy and tight as a Speedo are afraid to be seen naked around other guys. Wrestlers on the other hand seem to let it all hang out! I love being in the shower and sauna when the wrestling team is in there because there are no modesty issues at all with them in my experience. A singlet covers up more than a Speedo does, yet wrestlers seem to be less modest about nudity around other guys than swimmers are. Go figure. :confused:

What I find strange is that the guys on the swim team are ultra modest and won't remove thier skimpy Speedo in the shower, yet other guys like me who are not on the team and wear swim trunks (simply because at 43 years old I don't have the body to pull off a Speedo anymore), but use the pool casually in a "free swim" think nothing of whipping off our swim gear in the shower around other guys who are friends and strangers. You would think that there would be a sense of comraderie/bonding among the swim team as they spend so much time together training and competing that they would be completely comfortable around each other. I used to think nothing of being naked in the shower with my gym buddies and fraternity brothers when I was a student because of the bond and comraderie we shared.

Last edited by a moderator: