Swimming pools in New York City

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by frobarbar, Jul 22, 2010.

1. frobarbar

frobarbar New Member

Hello, this summer I spend near to the NYC, and i'm interested about going swimm sometimes.

Can someone recommend me a good and cheap swimming pool, perfect if it's on Manhattan.

Are there communal showers, separate for men/women? Or every shower is individual? Nudity in lockerrooms and showers is normal?

2. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Go the the parks department website. The showers and changing rooms are segregated by gender. Also check out the YMCA website. Lot's of people love the one on 96th St. In NYC, the locker areas are ALWAYS segregated by gender. Most pools are family -friendly facilities, and cruising is not really a great idea. Nudity is expected, but only as necessary for changing clothes or showering. Nudity in the pools or on the decks is not permitted. For nude swimming, you need to find a nude recreation facility. I don't know of any inside the city itself.

3. frobarbar

frobarbar New Member

i thought about nudity under showers, in my country is not rare, when one person is showering nacked everyone stares at this person... wierd for me.

4. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm not a man. I do not know what happens in men's showers. However, I believe people who shower, usually shower naked. On the other hand, at pools I've been to in NY, there were showers intended for washing, and showers intended for rinsing off just before getting into the pool. You are expected to wear your swimsuit in the ones for rinsing. They are often not in the locker room, but instead right on the deck.

Draft saved Draft deleted