Swimming Togs

Mashtunmeister

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Any advice guys ?

When swimming I normally wear baggy shorts over speedos. I wear the speedos to prevent "chenobyl fall-out", and the shorts because I get quite self concious at times. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the attention at the right time, but not at the pool with the kids !

Unfortunately this summer we are off to sunny France, who don't like "cut-down shorts" for swimming, and I am forced to wear the trunks.

I have tried various positions, but all seem to make me look like I have put socks down my pants !. It seems OK If I positon myself dowmward and round between my legs, but that means I have to do a lot of standing up, and it doesn't stay there long ! (Actually I'm not that well endowed that I end up sitting on my cock - but you get the idea ?)

Any suggestions ? I was hoping that speedos to slightly thicker material, or not so skimpy, but don't seem to have much sucess.

Any thoughts ?

My only other suggestion is for me to develop the beer-gut further and hope that the masses of flesh cover my crotch !! (Seen it done by some of the larger ladies at various Nudist beaches) either that or carry a copy of a newspaper with me at all times, but I don't want the print running whilst in the deep-end.

blflid

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
To be honest, I've never had a problem wearing shorts in France (and I lived there for a year). But if you really can't, I suppose you just have to say to yourself that 'that's how I am' and hope nobody else makes any big fuss about it. I guess it really depends on how noticeable it is, and how young your kids are.

visceraltuning

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Mashtunmeister said:
Any suggestions ? I was hoping that speedos to slightly thicker material, or not so skimpy, but don't seem to have much sucess.

Any thoughts ?

If it suites you to be well covered, wear a speedo with non-lined American Board Shorts, which are very fashionable right now.

Actually, many guys on this board, but certainly not all, could even go commando in them because the legs usually extend to just below the knee.

Mashtunmeister

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
carter2006 said:
I don't understand where the idea comes from that the French dislike shorts? I have spent a lot of time in France and never come across this... Hmmm...

Ahhh, I'll check this out, looks like I'm having my plonker pulled on this one (quite litterally !) Suspect this might be a wind-up ! I'll suss this out further.

Matt_14

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
just buy a speedo couple of sizes to big, or get the boxer brief lookin speedos thats wat i wear, more space to put the big fella in

Peter Wood

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Mashtunmeister said:
Any advice guys ?
When swimming I normally wear baggy shorts over speedos. I wear the speedos to prevent "chenobyl fall-out", and the shorts because I get quite self concious at times. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the attention at the right time, but not at the pool with the kids !
Unfortunately this summer we are off to sunny France, who don't like "cut-down shorts" for swimming, and I am forced to wear the trunks.
I have tried various positions, but all seem to make me look like I have put socks down my pants !. It seems OK If I positon myself dowmward and round between my legs, but that means I have to do a lot of standing up, and it doesn't stay there long ! (Actually I'm not that well endowed that I end up sitting on my cock - but you get the idea ?)
Any thoughts ?
My only other suggestion is for me to develop the beer-gut further and hope that the masses of flesh cover my crotch !! (Seen it done by some of the larger ladies at various Nudist beaches) either that or carry a copy of a newspaper with me at all times, but I don't want the print running whilst in the deep-end.

Mashtunmeister,
I go to France almost every year. Rules at swimming pools are very different. In many pools boys and men have to wear Speedos. That is for hygienic reasons. Men used to swim in all kinds of shorts, even shorts they wear all day. Many swimming pool owners try to use less chemical stuff to keep the water clear. There fore wearing Speedos in France is very common. No one will notice that you’re not used to wear them. Try to feel comfortable in them. You wrote: Actually I'm not that well endowed that I end up sitting on my cock - but you get the idea. Yes I have an idea ….. you make the problem bigger than your dick. Don’t think that you’re so special that every one has to look at your crotch. You should enjoy the life around and in the pool, in stead of worrying about what happens in your Speedo. Haha take it easy, we all have that bulge (small or big) what the hell …..

Max

Sexy Member
Media
The parallel threads on speedos is relevant.

This isn't a wind-up; there are many pools in France whiich don't allow shorts of any description. As I posted on the other thread, I go for the fullest square cut trunks I can find, even maybe getting one size larger if necessary. Don't attempt to look for these on sale in France; get them here beforehand.

Going down and under is too painful for me to contemplate. But it isn't too bad if I place myself diagionally up towards my hip.

The trouble with trunks is that there is little camouflage; it is all too clear what you have in all departments and how you stow it. Dark colours help a bit. But in any case, dikkiedik has a point: you are probably more anxious about this than you need be.

Ionto

Sexy Member
Media
I can confirm. Most indoor pools require speedos in France, some outdoors too. Said to be for hygiene. But who's complaining ?

fliegles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Mashtunmeister said:
Ahhh, I'll check this out, looks like I'm having my plonker pulled on this one (quite litterally !) Suspect this might be a wind-up ! I'll suss this out further.
If you are really that concerned about how you will look in front of the family - and I suspect that by now your children have discovered that "daddy has a penis" - were what is called a box swimsuit in the U.S. As far as the French are concerned, to hell with what they think!:rolleyes:

flnkdguy

Experimental Member
Media
I would just get used to showing...most people are more comfortable with their bodies there then we uptight 'mericans are. Even if you're sporting a gargantuan buldge, the novelty will quickly wear off and nobody will gawk too much at you. Relax and enjoy...

ordinarygay

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It is ok to wear even thong, or g-string in Europe:wink:.
Just wear what you like and wear what you feel comfortable.

I do wear these kinds of swimwears from time to time here, when I go to a beach.:biggrin1: