Swimsuit in gym's showers?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Amateur01, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Amateur01

Amateur01 New Member

Albums:
    Today I was approached by my gym's manager that requested me to wear swimsuit in showers or do not use their facilities at all. He claimed that they received lately several complaints from other customers.

Did you guys experience similar problems anytime anywhere?

2. monel

Gold Member

What was the nature of the complaints?

3. Golfbuddy

Golfbuddy Member

Was is just you? or this is a request of all members? At my gym as I was going to enter the showers, there was a dad there who asked all of the guys to not go in there nude until his sons were finished. They were wearing their swimsuits. I asked him what the problem was and he said he didn't want them to be embarrassed or intimidated by our nudity. Sorry, mac, 10 year olds maybe don't belong there. We pushed him aside and went in, willies swinging freely.

4. BlackGirl

BlackGirl New Member

Yeah, like Monel, I would want to know exactly what the complainers said. It seems that the culture of the men's room differs greatly from that of the woman's, I find those gym showers gross tbh, but if I were you, I would really want to know what I did that was so bad. How are you supposed to shower properly with a swimsuit on. That doesn't even make any sense.

5. BlackGirl

BlackGirl New Member

I didn't even know you could bring 10 year olds in the gym. Also, how in hell do you take a shower WITH clothes on? I have never used the gym showers so excuse my ignorance on the matter.

6. Bimanhung

Bimanhung Member

Albums:
    wow - never heard of that. I belong to a private club that is nude only in the spa area - swimsuits not allowed

7. crescendo69

Gold Member

Get another gym if you can. It is hard to believe people would complain about your nudity unless there was something obscene to them occurring. I haven't encountered a gym shower yet where nudity was banned; though for some reason, at my present pool shower, they shower nude together (with their grandkids) and then dress in little curtained cubicles. I use the open long bench with wall hooks to dress, and once a kid yelled out, "Ew! A naked man!".

8. Amateur01

Amateur01 New Member

Albums:
    He mentioned just discomfort of some members of the gym. He didn't want to corroborate on that matter any further.

I'll try to speak to him next week and if we won't find a viable solution, I'll have to change gym I guess.

9. scottmac

scottmac Member

Albums:
    In our Gym, Fitness First in Frankfurt, the sauna showers are for mixed use. 3 open shower heads. I have never heard anyone complain and never in 10 years seen anyone aroused in this situation. It's completely normal.

10. monel

Gold Member

If others were uncomfortable merely because you were naked in the shower, that is ridiculous. But for the gym to capitulate to their demands to stop you defies logic.

11. ahornyman30

ahornyman30 Member

Albums:
    that's just wrong who wants to shower in swim suit the point of a shower is to get clean and u cant wash the parts of your body the swim siut covers and the fellow who had his 10 yr old there should have rethought that if he didnt want his kids t see nude men dont take them to a place where there are nude men

12. Blorkin

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    Ask if other members of your gym are being required to wear swimsuits. If you are the only one you could say that you feel discriminated against, well that would work in the US at least but I am not so sure about the Czech Republic.

13. AG08

Gold Member

I'd look for another gym. My YMCA is all nude in the wet area of the men's locker room (open shower, hot tub and steam room). It's a big reason why I joined. Men being men without any silly modesty.

Good for you! :smile: How completely absurd that he would ask such a thing. His kids are going to grow up with some major issues.

14. Pecker Check

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Couldn't agree more with ahornyman's comment. I'm not interested in using a public pool and one of the reasons is my having seen others comply with the shower-first rule. They enter the shower with their swimsuits on and stand under the water for just long enough to look wet. How in hell is THAT supposed to remove bacteria pockets from the places where they lurk? (Clue: these places tend to be under the swimsuits.) Yuck.

15. matt121matt121

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thats crazy.. was he just asking you or is it a new rule for all male members?.. were you doing anything in the shower that could have been considered obscene?

Good for you!!.. Thats ridiculous.. if he doesn't want his kids seeing people naked don't take them to the gym or especially in the gym showers..

Whats he so afraid of?.. a non sexual nude shower never hurt anyone.. if anything the lack of showers hurts guys more in todays society as then they rely on the internet and then feel inadequate as "internet inches" are different from "real life" inches..

16. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    Man, that is crazy. Is everyone to wear them or just you? Not clear. You are very well endowed...some little guy must be intimidated. Unless they have a policy that everyone wears them I would be talking to that manager in a very direct manner and ask specifically what the problem is. I wondered if because you are so large, that some guy thought you were erect...

17. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

I was in New Orleans two summers ago and my niece's husband, who works at a large health club north of the city, gave me a free day pass. I was there all day using the entire facility. At the end of the day I went to the men's locker room, took off my swim suit (just came from the pool) grabbed a towel and headed to the showers. The showers were curtained cubicles each facing another. There was no one there except me. After my shower I went to the large jacuzzi and sat there for a few minutes - again all alone. After that I rinsed off and went to the dry sauna. I sat on my towel sweating - all alone. A guy came in and asked me to please put on a swim suit or leave. I asked him why and he said "policy" and pointed to a sign which I honestly didn't see. I asked him why the policy off clothing in the sauna and he said because of children being there. I said, first, I'm ALONE and secondly it's not hygienic to wear clothing - even a swimsuit - in a sauna. It's counter productive. He said, wear a swim suit or leave. I left.

What was really odd was that there was a separate locker room for kids. The only people where I was were 20 somethings and up.

I guess I've lived in Europe too long. I've come to see the US and being really ass backwards.

18. erratic

Gold Member

These stories honestly make me sad. It sucks that the level of body hatred in some parts of the world is high enough to prevent people from showering, or using a sauna, or just plain old changing in a change room without covering up.

There is nothing wrong with a naked body, people. I don't care how many negative labels this stupid world might apply to yours or anyone else's: There is nothing wrong with a naked body.

Edit: The simple fact that I feel the need to qualify my post with "As long as you're not hurting anyone" is just an incredible testament to me to how deeply ingrained this stupid messaging is. Bodies are not weapons. Maybe people would be better off if they saw more naked bodies and realised just how normal we all are.

I'm going to go eat a whole tub of ice cream.

19. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

I'm confused... you're in the Czech Republic and were asked this? Either you were doing something REALLY inappropriate or something was seriously wrong with that particular guy - like he was jealous of your cock. I've lived here in Prague for almost 17 years and have never experienced this kind of behavior. They're really live and let live. I've seen dads bring their daughters into the showers at the local pool, semi's in the showers, guys shaving their balls and never has anyone been told to get dressed or leave.

20. gwmasiahk

gwmasiahk Member

I'm not sure about this one, what right did this guy have to police you there and I thought that children were not allowed / advised in saunas / steam rooms under 12 years old . I think that I might have told him to stop disturbing you and to call management to clarify the situation. Oh, sorry, just realized you were in the US and not Europe. OK, I guess that you must adhere to any sign posted there by management, however, you are quite right about hygiene and your right to be naked in a male locker-room, sauna and steam. Would this guy also expect you to towel-dance as you came to and from the showers and change? Can he officially demand that you leave? Did you ask your niece's husband about it? What did he have to say?

Draft saved Draft deleted