Swingers are Republicans

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_Mademoiselle Rouge, Aug 16, 2009.

1. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

Ok obviously not all swingers are republicans. Last night i was watching a show called Taboo on National Geographic channel. The topic was mostly about swinging and they said that a majority of swingers are conservative white republicans. This at first sounded strange but then i totally understood why...

Conservative people are typically more religious. They hate the idea of their marriage ending due to wanting to have sex with others. In fact, if you look at the psychological explainations as to why swinging is more popular than it used to be is that it gives an outlet for sexual desires with others without divorce or a rift between the couple. They also feel like they can draw boundaries with what the other person is doing sexually. They are present and have complete control over it.

A lot of people don't want to give up on marriages and find a way to negotiate terms on which the other partner is allowed to fulfill their fantasies. Conservative/Republicans are notorious for being prudish when it comes to sexual things, but honestly this tells me that a lot of them think the way sexually liberal folks do, they just keep it more on the downlow for the fear of being judged for it.

I personally dont care what anyone else does in their relationships. I just know i couldnt stand to watch my husband with another woman and i know he wouldnt enjoy watching me with another man. But i suppose if i were in the situation many marriages are in when they arent happy in this area i might consider it and really not tell anyone about our proclivities either.

I'd be interested to hear your opinions on this.

(Oh as some of you might not know, this is Mademoiselle Rouge)

2. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    Whatever. I think they just tend to be hypocritical. Rules for other people. Special rules for themselves. Rules. Rules. Rules. Tightassed creeps if you ask me.
    Dave

3. lucky8

Gold Member

Werd. Just look at all the congressmen and senators that are opposed to gay marriage, yet in their free time frequent the local gloryhole...somewhere around 90% of those who have been outed are republican I believe. I just don't understand how people who deem themselves as "holier than thou" can justify adultery, especially since it goes against both the Book and the laws of many states in America. It's a double whammy of sin, from their point of view at least.

Political affiliation is more so about maintaining an image than it is about real issues anymore, at least with people under 40. For example: People yell "I'm a democrat!" and then submit themselves to Keynesian theory...which doesn't make much sense considering liberal ideology is generally about helping other people and future generations succeed, but Kenynesian theory has absolutely no regard for future generations...it's all about the now with Keynesians....what I'm getting at is the majority of Americans are basically overpaid idiots who love the sound of their own voice. Most are the "do as I say, not as I do" kind of people...regardless of political affiliation. That's just American culture...who people think you are seems to be becoming more important than who you really are. It's all about public perception in this country...sad, really.

(granted, this all goes without saying that not all conservatives are bible beaters, many of them are just rich and don't really care about the social issues)

4. javyn

javyn New Member

Albums:
    Agreed.

Even though I'm not into swinging myself. GF and I were supposed to be open, but since she's the hottest woman I've ever been with, and I'm the biggest she's ever had, we both got a bit jealous and closed the relationship up not long after we first had sex heh.

5. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I used to work at a bar that was in the vicinity of a swingers club in South Charlotte, I think it was Carolina Swingers if my memory serves me correctly. A lot of swingers would come by to get good and hammered before they went to go fuck at the club and I got to meet some of them.

They were definitely all hedonists and many of them smelled like Republicans to me... I never asked them, but they seemed conservative politically! lol!

6. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Democrats don't need swingers clubs.
    They have orgies!!! :biggrin:

7. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    VinylBoy wrote:
    Democrats don't need swingers clubs.
    They have orgies!!!

Democrats don't need to practice their wide stance in public restrooms, they have sexual orientation-congruent partners.

Democrats don't fuck congressional pages, they play with adults.

Dave

8. D_Cock_Hudson

D_Cock_Hudson New Member

Maybe Democrats are more likely to be poor and not have the opportunity? Who cares anyway.

9. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

And maybe the Republicans have all the money, yet still remain so miserable that they have to cheat on their wives? Yeah... who really cares? :rolleyes:

10. MissPretty

MissPretty New Member

Yea...I don't think it's quite fair to say all conseratives ( Republicans ) are one way or another. Everyone is different...i'm a registered Republican but for me it's not idealism but more of a practical and economical issue. Most swingers i've known tended to be more or less conservative...similiar to how I feel and quite adventurous sexually. I don't know, everyone is different so it's a waste of time for people to concentrate on others politics in a negative way unless it's asked for. Nice post.

11. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

Maybe by conservative they mean "libertarian". The swingers I've met are not conservative in the religious fundamentalist sense.

12. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    Just a note, back in 2000 in Illinois a pretty presenatble looking young republican candidate seemed poised to gain a senate seat. Then his wife sued him for divorce and alleged that he had coerced her to engage in swinging, among other things. He tried to keep the allegations secret but they got out and he eventually withdrew from the race. The republican solution was to import batshit crazy, virulently homophobic with a lesbian daughter, all-around creep Alan Keyes to run against (drum roll please!) Barak Obama. Gotta love it!
    Dave

13. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I need to find these people! (orgies that is... and other Democrats, for THAT matter! :biggrin1:) Most people I've known have been polar opposite of me politically (yes, I'm one of those "evil liberal Democrats" :rolleyes:), and I've had to bite my tongue many times, since I hate getting into political arguments and I'm a terrible debater (and know that I am!)

I've met some swingers fairly recently... and yes, they do seem to tend toward conservative and Republican, or to a lesser extent, Libertarian (but then, so do just about everyone I know, swinger or not).

14. sargon20

Gold Member

Draft saved Draft deleted