Swingers ???

cockamania

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi I am curious about swinging. I know the basics of it I think, but I might be into it.

Can anyone talk to me about it and give me details about how it works and all of that

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Humans aren't wired to have one mate for life and we shouldn't restrict ourselves with mores and social norms if you feel you shouldn't be with just one person forever.

Be comfortable, be safe, be resonsponsible, be smart, be cool and calm in all situations, be sexual, and if you're all these things you'll feel more free. This applies to all things in life, not just having multiple sexual partners.

I find that those who're turned off by swinging or become jealous easily aren't comfortable with themselves...but then I'm biased. :tongue:

Obviously, I've deep seated beliefs in swinging. It's evolution, man. haha

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Humans aren't wired to have one mate for life and we shouldn't restrict ourselves with mores and social norms if you feel you shouldn't be with just one person forever.

Be comfortable, be safe, be resonsponsible, be smart, be cool and calm in all situations, be sexual, and if you're all these things you'll feel more free. This applies to all things in life, not just having multiple sexual partners.

I find that those who're turned off by swinging or become jealous easily aren't comfortable with themselves...but then I'm biased. :tongue:

Obviously, I've deep seated beliefs in swinging. It's evolution, man. haha

You know, you bring up an interesting point. Personally, I am at the opposite end of the spectrum. I think two people can find each other and spend MANY incredible years together, totally monogamous. Yah, it is alot of work, I get that.

You can't tell me, deep down, that you don't have a desire to find that Perfect man, the one that you could settle down with and live "happily ever after". There are too many successful couples in the world for me to believe that it is our human nature to "swing".:rolleyes:

I LOVE the idea of monogamy. I would never judge a couple who chooses to do this but I would never BE that couple. I believe that they can work on things without bringing in a third party.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I agree with Jeff on this one. I was quite comfortable with your post until I got to this line quoted above.

I would not judge anyone else for swinging eventhough it is not for me but you however seem to judge those who are not into swinging or multiple partners.

Who the hell are you to judge people who are in a monogamous, committed relationship?

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I agree with Jeff on this one. I was quite comfortable with your post until I got to this line quoted above.

I would not judge anyone else for swinging eventhough it is not for me but you however seem to judge those who are not into swinging or multiple partners.

Who the hell are you to judge people who are in a monogamous, committed relationship?

ok.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i'm with Jeff and Daverock on this one. I'm in such an intense relationship now that I can't see sleeping with someone else and it not taking away from the relationship i'm in. i can't have sex with someone without some sort of emotional involvement, and I don't want to squander emotion (not to mention time) away from my family.

i'm sure swinging works for some people, more or less, just as monogamy works for people, more or less. they both have problems and difficulties-- saying one is human nature (and therefore easier or better) is ridiculous because there is no proof of that one way or another. yes, people in monogamous relationships stray, but people in swinging relationships get jealous and stray etc. too. it's choosing what you and your partner(s) are comfortable with.

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
You can't tell me, deep down, that you don't have a desire to find that Perfect man, the one that you could settle down with and live "happily ever after". There are too many successful couples in the world for me to believe that it is our human nature to "swing".:rolleyes:

My idea of that perfect man that I live happily ever after with is a swinger. Like I said, you have to be comfortable to do it and not get jealous. I know several couples that have been married for years and are perfectly happy being swingers.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My idea of that perfect man that I live happily ever after with is a swinger. Like I said, you have to be comfortable to do it and not get jealous. I know several couples that have been married for years and are perfectly happy being swingers.

You know, if it works for you, that's wonderful. I think the umbrage taken was not at what you think is right for you, but the assertion that there is something wrong with people for whom monogamy is the right choice.

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
Hi I am curious about swinging. I know the basics of it I think, but I might be into it.

Curious about swinging? If can get someone to push you for a while, you can go for hours. :)

jeff black said:
You can't tell me, deep down, that you don't have a desire to find that Perfect man, the one that you could settle down with and live "happily ever after"

I know very many people that don't have such desires.

jeff black said:
There are too many successful couples in the world for me to believe that it is our human nature to "swing".:rolleyes:
PRUDE. :tongue:

It also depends on what type of "swinging" you're looking to get into. Soft swinging or Full swapping? Are you a voyeur or exhibitionist or both? Are you into group sex? Are you single? If so, that might be viewed as a problem in some "swinging communities".

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It also depends on what type of "swinging" you're looking to get into. Soft swinging or Full swapping? Are you a voyeur or exhibitionist or both? Are you into group sex? Are you single? If so, that might be viewed as a problem in some "swinging communities".

GoneA - expert swinger? :eek:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media

Yup, you make a valid point.

I wouldn't judge ya, Heather. If you want a man who swings and you can both manage to hold off any jealous feelings, then I congratulate you.:smile: I am a pretty jealous guy and I get a little possessive at times. It's best I stick with one person at a time.:rolleyes:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I know very many people that don't have such desires.

Aww buddy, they may not have those desires right now... but ask them again in ten years when they are looking for more of an emotional committment. Yah, I am old-fashioned, I know... I can't help it.:rolleyes:

Media
I am hopelessly monogamous and old-fashioned, and very happy with that choice. Now if I could just find someone who wanted to enjoy all of that with me, I could tell you it was the right choice.