Swingers

amiegrrl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I know there are a few people here who have tried swinging or are active swingers. I've been to a few parties myself, with another couple, but never in a relationship myself. My questions are:

Who's tried it and how did it turn out?
Did it have an impact on your relationship, positive or negative, and did the effect last?
How did it get brought up in the first place?
Does anyone have funny/interesting swinging stories?
Who wants to try but is too scared to bring it up to their partner?

Blocko

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Tried it... as both a single with an invite and a couple... it's not an easy lifestyle to just fit into.

For me, I had fun, but it doesn't work for me as a lifestyle. Once the dust settles (i.e. you've had your fun), your own emotions and values start to reassert themselves and it's either something you know you can continue on with or you can't.

Also, not every person you come across is well adjusted or emotionally suited to the lifestyle. Some do it only because their partner wants to and that ends badly. Especially when it's a man going along with his female partner's desires...

geeka

1st Like
Media
I wouldn't even deal with the swingers around here. They do not get tested for STDs, and their secrecy makes them unlikely to be trustable. The dishonesty they bring to their swinging world spills over into other areas of their lives. Some here spout off against gay rights, then go have gay sex at the parties. Most are metally warped when it comes to relating. Your mileage may vary in a less conservative place. I just wasn't impressed by what I saw when cruising around with pals who swing.