Switching time and weird time zones.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Do you live in an area where the time zones are different when you go into a different state?

I also heard that Arizona does not change, and another state, I think they said Indiana, has the option to change according to county. Some change to be in sync with a major city of a bordering state.

It must also be strange to live in one time zone and go to work in a different one.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
AZ and HI are the only remaining states that don't observe DST. IN has been observing it statewide since 2006. It still straddles time zones, though.

nsxdotcom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I used to live in Indiana back in the late 90s, just across the OH border. We had employees that lived in OH and just bitched up a storm when they had to change their clocks since we (in Indiana) didn't. To me, it really wasn't that big of a deal, but it seemed to wreck their world. It did, however, make things a little tricky when you made appointments or plans with someone...you had to always keep in mind which state they lived in to make sure you have your times correct. I can't tell you how many times I showed up for what I thought was a 6:00pm appointment at 7:00pm Ohio time...