SXSW

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm pissed! Royally pissed! Cap just came home and told me he's heading to Austin next week! Austin! My place of birth, my family home, all that is dear and near to me! My sister lives there. And he's going and not me! Life is cruel, cruel, cruel. He might as well take his right hand out to dinner because this blonde bitch is shutting up shop!

Seriously, he just got invited to play a bunch of gigs in and around Austin during South by Southwest, and if he's really lucky he might hit a stage or two.

I am terribly jealous of his good luck, and I'd give anything to go, but as luck would have it I have two major interviews next week trying to land some new clients.

Let me know if any of y'all are going.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
One day id love to play there.........

Its a festival that gets me alittle more excited than the others. The idea of playing there is huge for me. Its such a turning point for a career.

Plus we get to show you yanks how awesome our new bands are :p

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Good for Cap on the invitations to play out, but...

I fucking loathe SxSW these days. When I moved here back in the 90s, it was a really cool indie film and music festival.

These days, it's a week-plus dog and pony show of fake-ass wanna-be music and movie industry "players" and associated poseurs showing out for each other. It totally fucks up the local vibe.

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Next week is my kid's Spring Break and I usually take the kids somewhere they want to go for Spring Break. Like Great Wolf Lodge up in Grapevine, Texas. Or to visit the Grandparents. It would be nice if the Grandparents lived closer so I could get some free babysitting and then I could go to SXSW.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Usually I just see a film or two and stay with a friend for a weekend (I live a couple of hours away). I avoid the concerts generally. This year I'd like to go see Gustavo Santaolalla speak, because he's worked with Cafe Tacuba and I really like Cafe Tacuba.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good for Cap on the invitations to play out, but...

I fucking loathe SxSW these days. When I moved here back in the 90s, it was a really cool indie film and music festival.

These days, it's a week-plus dog and pony show of fake-ass wanna-be music and movie industry "players" and associated poseurs showing out for each other. It totally fucks up the local vibe.

I know exactly what you mean. Cap says he's more excited about playing venues away from the festival than the chance of playing in the festival itself. We're looking forward to next month when he's going to be all over South Louisiana. Festival Internationale in Lafayette one week, New Orleans Jazz Fest the next. Not enough to make a living but it sure is fun!