Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Bacchusbigboy, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Bacchusbigboy

Bacchusbigboy New Member

Albums:
    I am off to Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade and as a straight guy I was just wondering what I should expect? :biggrin1:

2. bigbull29

Gold Member

Albums:

I've experienced Sydney's Gay Mardi Gras (I lived there two years).

Expect debauchery or decadence at its finest.

It makes North American Gay Pride Parades look mellow. :biggrin1:

3. headbang8

Gold Member

Albums:
    I assume you're going to the parade.

Expect to laugh. There's mroe visual wit in the parade than I've seen anywhere else.

Expect lots of gay communiity groups marching. They're seldom exciting enough to make the news, but many find it a great gesture of solidarity to participate.

Expect not to be able to see very well unless you get there early. Take a deck chair and an Esky and stake your claim before dusk.

Expect topless Dykes on Bikes to lead the way. You straight boys like that, don't you?

In fact, expect plenty of people in various states of undress. It's summertime in the most glorious city in the world!

Expect lots of other straight people like you. Crowds sometimes reach half a million. In a city of four million people, you gotta know that it's not just gay people who enjoy the spectacle.

If you're going to the dance party at Fox Studios afterward, remember it's supposed to be only for gay people. So your're likely to have invitations to body contact. If you do sneak in, you'll find five or six pavillions of diverse-themed dance clubs. Expect Kylie to make an unannounced appearance. Expect to stay up til dawn.

Everyone ought to go to the Sydney G&LMG at least once. It's incomparable.

4. Bacchusbigboy

Bacchusbigboy New Member

Albums:
    Sounds fab and thanks for the info.

I am off to just the parade this time the after parties would be fun but I am sure my sensers could take it. Sydney is a great city and Madi Gras is a special time with lots of friendly people.

5. bigbull29

Gold Member

Albums:
    Great description! Nothing compares to it. It's erotically mind-blowing.

Draft saved Draft deleted