Synchronous cycles?

OPPinSLC

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I’ve read about women living together in close quarters sometimes start having their periods at the same time (something about pheromones). Not that it’s ever happened to me;), but say a guy was dating two girls at the same time, is it possible that the girls would start having their periods at the same time (or is it just a coincidence).

Trouty

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've heard of this too but I'm not sure if its fact. When I was a student I lived with my gf for two years along with three other girls and when this came up and they checked there was no synchronicity. Could have been distorted by two of them being on the contraceptive pill though. Can't see what biological advantage it would have :confused: As all it would mean is that for any guy who had a harem it would be a few days off each month :biggrin1: which would kind of defeat the point of having a harem :rolleyes:

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I’ve read about women living together in close quarters sometimes start having their periods at the same time (something about pheromones). Not that it’s ever happened to me;), but say a guy was dating two girls at the same time, is it possible that the girls would start having their periods at the same time (or is it just a coincidence).

I can agree that synching periods is possible, but that last statement doesn't seem possible to me. I'm going under the assumption that the women don't know each other?

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Understanding how it takes almost 2 weeks of hormonal buildup and biofeedback to cause ovulation and then the post ovulation until your next period is anywhere from 12-17 days for most women, its just not something that occurs from being around other people. It takes hormones to change these cycles.

I am not sure how this is possible since our periods do not come psychologically. When you think of how periods work, we don't send out a vibe that tells someone elses ovaries to sync up with our own. Or else infertility would be contagious, or anovulation would be contagious that is.

More than anything i think if you use any other possible physical thing that would come at frequent intervals you are likely to "overlap" someone elses event given some time on a calendar. For example, if you had a sinus infection every four weeks (approx.) and so did several other people in your household or friends... you are likely to be battling a sinus infection sometimes at the same time. It's just math probability.

Given all the periods one has in their lifetime and how many menstruating women there are in the world, its not all that unusual to think of 2 random women you know having a period at the same time.

tiff86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah I def. agree the sync. thing is true I've exp. that w/my apt mates but it's funny I have 2 apt. mates, 1 of them is my best friend and the other one I barely ever see cuz she's always at her bf's and youd think I'd be more sync'd w/the one I see a lot but nope so I think it's something in the air or something it's weird lol. I dunno about the question the poster asked I doubt that would be possible?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I’ve read about women living together in close quarters sometimes start having their periods at the same time (something about pheromones). Not that it’s ever happened to me;), but say a guy was dating two girls at the same time, is it possible that the girls would start having their periods at the same time (or is it just a coincidence).[/QUOTE]
Well that depends, do your girlfriends live and/or work together? Cause that could happen. Otherwise I am inclined to believe it is just coincidence.:tongue: