T.V. Shows Your S.O. Have You Watching

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by b.c., Jul 22, 2008.

1. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    There are shows my better half likes to watch and shows I like that she doesn't. But I find myself watching things with her that I normally wouldn't have thought of watching on my own, and liking them. They include:

Dynasty - yeah I'll admit, I watched Dynasty. Didn't for a season or two but when I started watching a few with her...yep...got hooked.

The X-Files - She's into a lot of horror/sci fi stuff and X-Files was the perfect mix. I didn't watch it for an entire season then got hooked on this too.

Workout - Sort of like reality tv fitness. I've found myself watching some of these. Exercise guru Jackie W. seems and interesting study - at once so in control of some aspects of her life, and so out of control of others.

Flip This House - various sorts in this show of entrepreneurs trying to make easy (and as it often turns out, not so easy) cash.

Flipping Out - Another house flipping show (she watches several of this theme). Admittedly entertaining and sometimes amusing watching Jeff obsess over everything (considering I'm somewhat ocd myself in some ways).

Blow Out - the fun was more so in watching stylist Jonathan "blow up" every other week.

Of course there are the shows she still can't get me to watch including anything even remotely resembling CSI or the equally endless variations of ("donk-donk") Law and Order.

Nor can I stomach much of House and his over heavy cross of pessimism and pathos. I have pathos enuf of me own, thanky very much.

2. mista geechee

Gold Member

Albums:
    Flip That House - my girl loves it. And they actually have some decent shows with some pretty tight finished products.

House Hunters and House Hunters International - I've actually started watching this on my own. She doesn't even have to ask me to turn to HGTV from 10pm-11pm on weeknights.

Secret Diaries Of A Call Girl - I didn't find it entertaining in the first 2 episodes but it's ok I guess. But I guess it's an even trade since she hates Weeds (I can't figure out why, it's funny as hell imho,not how the dope game really is, but funny) that comes on before Secret Diaries Of A Call Girl.

Oprah if we're home when it's on. And Dr. Phil. I can tolerate Oprah, but I wanna bitch slap Dr. Phil. He acts like such a little bitch sometimes.

Pretty much anything on HGTV.

Yea, my gal is also into the Law and Order, CSI, Bones yadda yadda blah blah shows. I can't stand em. And I won't watch them until she watches baseball with me (but she'll watch football and basketball). The only crime type show I'll watch is Dexter.

#2 mista geechee, Jul 23, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  3. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah...generally I react to crime and hospital shows like vampires do to daylight.

We usually like the same comedies, the current fav being Two and A Half Men. We used to watch Frazier and Will and Grace (the latter being more outright hilarious, while Frazier was a more subtle kind of humor).

My FAV was Seinfield which she almost never watched while it was running, but watches with me now in late night syndication. (I also have the season DVDs so I kinda know most the episodes by heart now).

She hates Big Brother. (Last season, I hated it as well...stopped watching after three episodes.) Season 10 much more interesting. She tried to swear off The Apprentice too, but I pulled her back in.

4. mista geechee

Gold Member

Albums:
    We both agree on religiously watching teh new season of Californication. But Sunday nights are usually compromise since baseball, football, and/or basketball come on sunday night. Of course she usually wins and I end up watching the 3am reruns.

5. Grit

Grit Member

Favorite Show -- House

Unbelievable the way they practice medicine.

But ya -- its only TV.

6. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp New Member

She's gotten me into Law & Order: SVU (CI sucks), introduced me to CSI and CSI: New York (NY jumped the shark, but Miami has always sucked), Animal Cops and How It's Made.

If there was such a thing as a Department of Diagnostics, that would be the way to do it. Take a theory and run with it. Fuckin' great show though.

Draft saved Draft deleted