Tablet

B_troyboy123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
hey everyone first time i visited this part of the forum , hope you lot could help me out . does anyone have any tricks tip[s or help for taing tablets i just cant do it they either get stuck n roof of mouth or my toungue and wont go down i dont even gag . i can swallow capsules i just tilt head forward and swallow but cant take tablets . ps ther eare only smalls ones and may have ot move up to bigger ones god help me if i do . today i just left tablet in my mouth till it dissolved :(

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Place it right on the back of your tongue (I'm talking almost blocking your airways kind of far back) and swallow really quickly. Your tongue should push it down your throat whether you like it or not. As soon as you place the tablet, swallow some water quickly. It will help it go down more easily. Stroking your throat may also encourage you to swallow.

It works with cats (only without the water), so it should work for a human.

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Are you doing this without water? Swoosh it about in the back of your mouth with a drink until you pretty much can't feel it, then swallow.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
You should always take tablets and capsules with lots of water, the tablet will be swallowed with the water. I've seen American friends simple necking tablets without water so I know it's fairly common there for people not to use water but it's not what manufacturers recommend. Also the water helps you digest the tablet better and more efficiently and will reduce the possibility of developing indigestion as a consequence of not having enough stomach juices to properly breakdown the tablet.

B_troyboy123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
yeah iw as tryign with water , i reqad that fizzy pop could help cus of the bubbles in it . i ll try again tommrowo and let you know results . anymore advice is welcomed . i almost feel disabled as i cant do ti :S

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
yeah iw as tryign with water , i reqad that fizzy pop could help cus of the bubbles in it . i ll try again tommrowo and let you know results . anymore advice is welcomed . i almost feel disabled as i cant do ti :S

There's not trick, you just have to forget you have a tablet in your mouth and just swallow the liquid naturally. Fizzy drinks would probably have the opposite effect because it's difficult to swallow a large gulp full of them where plain water is easier to swallow.

Think of it as a bit like drinking a cuppa-soup, you swallow that like drinking a glass of water even though it has chunks and bits in it.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Now might be the time to admit that I can't swallow capsules :redface:. They get stuck on the back of my tongue. I always make sure my doc prescribes me tablets instead.

B_troyboy123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Now might be the time to admit that I can't swallow capsules :redface:. They get stuck on the back of my tongue. I always make sure my doc prescribes me tablets instead.

wel i found that the capsule float , so tilting head back would be impossible to swallow them , instead put the wate adn capsule in your mout and then put your chin to your chest adn swallow as it postions the capsule perfectly

quto
There's not trick, you just have to forget you have a tablet in your mouth and just swallow the liquid naturally. Fizzy drinks would probably have the opposite effect because it's difficult to swallow a large gulp full of them where plain water is easier to swallow.

Think of it as a bit like drinking a cuppa-soup, you swallow that like drinking a glass of water even though it has chunks and bits in it.

i not never really has a cupa soup like that with chunks in :S , i ll try the advice given so far and feedback tommorow its really annoying as i aske dmy mate for some tricks but he cant od it either :(

Captain Elephant

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And I thought this thread was going to be a discussion about iPads and the like.

Well, my wife's nephew has the same problem with any type of pill - tablet, capsule, but I thinks it's a combination of gag reflex and a phobia against meds.

You really do have to drown it. When you have so much water in your mouth that you reflexively swallow the tablet usually gets washed down without incident. I was on this crappy macrobiotic diet a few years back that had me talking a big handful of pills each day - all kinds of grasses and oils and shit. Had to do it in three swallows and it took a lot of water.

B_troyboy123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
And I thought this thread was going to be a discussion about iPads and the like.

Well, my wife's nephew has the same problem with any type of pill - tablet, capsule, but I thinks it's a combination of gag reflex and a phobia against meds.

You really do have to drown it. When you have so much water in your mouth that you reflexively swallow the tablet usually gets washed down without incident. I was on this crappy macrobiotic diet a few years back that had me talking a big handful of pills each day - all kinds of grasses and oils and shit. Had to do it in three swallows and it took a lot of water.

there is another problem i seem to have which is sawllowing water / swallowing with my head back sometimes i just cant drinkmore then a few gulps of water

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
there is another problem i seem to have which is sawllowing water / swallowing with my head back sometimes i just cant drinkmore then a few gulps of water

I think you just need to relax about it, try not to over think it.

Also a lot of medicines are made in liquid form as well as tablets and capsules, ask your chemist about it and see if there's a liquid version of your meds and see if they can get it for you.

B_troyboy123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I think you just need to relax about it, try not to over think it.

Also a lot of medicines are made in liquid form as well as tablets and capsules, ask your chemist about it and see if there's a liquid version of your meds and see if they can get it for you.

i bought them myself not from doctor or chemist. if i get the swallowing thing down would help me on later on in life if i ever get ill. so gonna try and conquer swalling tablets . nothing else ;) lol

mattsrod7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
drink some water first to wetten the path, then dip the tablet in water for a second and put it on the back of your tounge, fill your mouth with water, lean your head back like you're looking to the moon, and swallow.

chamisaguy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Speaking of cats, the veterinarians have a plastic device that holds a pill or capsule at the end of a long straw-like tube (which has a plunger inside it) and you use the thumb ring at the other end to expel the pill after you've positioned it way back in your mouth, back of the tongue, at the beginning of your esophagus where your uvula is, etc. Don't gag on that, but quickly push the plunger and withdraw it, clamping your mouth shut and swallow like hell. If you could hold your jaw shut with your hand (like holding a cat's jaws shut, there's nothing for you and your tongue to do but go ahead and swallow rather than spitting it out. Follow with some swallows of water to ease it on down your throat.

Hope that might work for you. Plenty of experience here "pilling" cats at home. It avoids bites and teeth! <grin>

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Put the pill in your mouth. Take a big sip of water with the pill still in your mouth and swallow the water and the pill will go down with it.

My sister has a phobia and won't swallow a pill. Any medication she needs to take she will crush into a powder. What will suck if she ever has to take time release capsules in the future as crushing them takes that aspect out of them. She has convinced herself she can't, but I told her if she could swallow food she could swallow a pill.

B_troyboy123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
ok peeps this mornings effort . i think i has found thee problem. i think it is that i cannot swallow and liquid with my head tilted slightly back :S weird huh and when i put something as far bakc as i can down my throat seems to be even harder to do , so maybe practice drinking all my drinks with my head tilted back and slowly progress from there .

you think this may be half the battle ? and that pill glide things looks cool

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
wel i found that the capsule float , so tilting head back would be impossible to swallow them , instead put the wate adn capsule in your mout and then put your chin to your chest adn swallow as it postions the capsule perfectly

Hmm . . . I'll try it if I ever get stuck with capsules. Swallowing with my chin down seems kinda difficult though. Wouldn't it close the esophagus?

drink some water first to wetten the path,

I can't have water in my mouth right before taking a tablet! It makes the tablet all sticky and it doesn't slide down properly.

Speaking of cats, the veterinarians have a plastic device that holds a pill or capsule at the end of a long straw-like tube (which has a plunger inside it)

Hope that might work for you. Plenty of experience here "pilling" cats at home. It avoids bites and teeth! <grin>

My sister's cat is great to give tablets to. He opens his mouth on command (although only for me) and we don't need to hold his jaws shut. No bites.

I think it might be worth the OP looking into getting one of those devices!

ok peeps this mornings effort . i think i has found thee problem. i think it is that i cannot swallow and liquid with my head tilted slightly back :S weird huh and when i put something as far bakc as i can down my throat seems to be even harder to do , so maybe practice drinking all my drinks with my head tilted back and slowly progress from there .

It does seem weird to me that you can't swallow that way! I automatically tilt my head back when I drink. I think most people do.

Maybe practicing with just water WOULD help you. Make sure you let us know how it goes.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media

Honestly I think the problem is that you're putting your head back in the first place. Your throat isn't really designed to swallow in that position.