Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I’d check the archives on this one, but don’t know what to search on. Have other guys ever wished social “rules” were a bit more forgiving when they had to make an awkward "personal property" adjustment -- or scream? Once, in my 20s, I was driving and a prim and proper older woman was with me in the front seat. We had just started out, had miles to go, and my right nut was caught in a knot. Somehow I managed to squirm it into a better place without doing a full grab and tug. She probably thought I was just antsy. In other social situations, my scrotum has been pinched (ouch). It’s funny to look back on these things, but they’re not funny when they’re happening. (Kinda difficult to think about anything else, frankly.) And it would make matters worse to try to “explain” the structural predicament. I’m not expecting solutions here, just swapping stories about the boys with the boys.

craig_uk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
In that situation I would have just gone ahead and altered it. If she noticed then apologise but she shouldnt be looking at your nuts anyway.

Strontium

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Certainly its cultural. When I was in Borneo, doing a trip among the sea-faring Bugis, touching and readjusting one's gonads were par for the course. Every guy did it, frequently, almost as a punctuation to conversation. It became addictive. I came back from that trip with bad habits.

Silvertip

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
I agree that there are social situations where such adjustments are basically taboo, but fortunately there are other social environments in which they can be a useful gesture of sexual interest. Anyway, as a lifelong freeballer with low hanging nuts, I've found that whenever being prim and proper is in order the best technique is prevention. That can sometimes mean that your hand must go to your crotch as you take your seat or slide into the car, but at least it presents the opportunity to do so subtly, before there is a problem.

Pecker Check

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Stronty's right about the cultural relativity angle. I was in the Peace Corps in Colombia in the 1960's and was fascinated by how frequently, and especially how nonchalantly, the local guys reassured themselves that their treasures were still there.

Strontium

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
... especially how nonchalantly, the local guys reassured themselves that their treasures were still there.

Yes, reassurance seems to be part of the deal. Among the Bugis, it was as if the men had not grown out of the 3 y.o. phase. I remember they usually used the left hand, with a lift of the balls or a smoothing of the bulge, but sometimes they used a thumb-and-forefinger pinch and tug to the end of the penis (which surprised me since I think most of them were circumcised). Half of them wore sarongs, which are tricky things in which to maintain modesty when you sit or squat!

D_T_Frothingill_Bellows

Account Disabled
Media
ummm, if a girls nipple is about to fall out of her bra, she readjusts so why shouldn't a guy readjust if one or more things are falling out of place?

I think just go ahead and do it. the only time I think it's a "problem" is when you're not readjusting but groping yourself. or if you are doing it every 13 seconds

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
If standing you can simply turn around in a circle.
Sorry but if given a choice of pair or readjustment- I go for readjustment.

Or if in a group, go to the mens room and adjust as needed. Was once at a formal party (in briefs to downplay the bulge, ugh) when I got twisted somehow, felt like a nut was about to burst), quickly reached down past my belt, moved and up, as I did so i pretended to turn and look at...something. If anyone realized what I did, fine-I am a man with a penis... (and we have all seen 'top heavy' woman adjust a bra strap so...