MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Pretty simple instructions. Tag someone and ask them three questions. That person tags another person or more than one person. And so on.

I tag @LaFemme

1. If you could have one superpower, what would it be? Would you use your powers for good, chaos, or evil?

2. If you had to name the toes on your left foot what would you name them?

3. What's the last terrible movie you watched? Name one good thing about it.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

going to @me too interfere/hijack the thread and ask/tag you a Q ML

known of you since your appearance

1. do you make an effort to talk abstrract or is it a natural
(love it btw, as we dont always have to put on a semblance of being super officious, i think is the wording ha)
no offence, just interested/intriuged
of course you dont have to expose' if its too personal

myself, maybe 1/2 of what i post is set out to confuse and/or'irritate'
maybe a hangover from the overly defensive days
dont mean to do it these days,but taken a lifetime of working on that to get where i am ha

Pretty simple instructions.

kcrown1967

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
@Tight_N_Juicy

1) If you could create your own orchid what would you name it, what color/colors would it be and how would it smell?

2) If you could travel to any place in the world and have one day there, where would it be and what would you do?

3) Is there a day in your life that you would like to go back and redo?

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
@Tight_N_Juicy

1) If you could create your own orchid what would you name it, what color/colors would it be and how would it smell?

2) If you could travel to any place in the world and have one day there, where would it be and what would you do?

3) Is there a day in your life that you would like to go back and redo?

1) I would name it the Molina-Ray, it would be solid black with white tips and a deep purple lip, and it would smell like a combination of lavender with coconut.

2) Madagascar. I wanna see the orchids of the island, some of the rarest varieties can be found in the realm of King Julien!

3) on my 19th birthday Cypress Hill wad in town doing a show. I wanted to go, but none of my friends/family wanted to go with me. I totally would go back and tell them "Fuck you, it's my damn birthday, we're going to that fuckin concert!" They're one of the only groups I've never had the chance to see live. I totally should have gone.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
going to @me too interfere/hijack the thread and ask/tag you a Q ML

known of you since your appearance

1. do you make an effort to talk abstrract or is it a natural
(love it btw, as we dont always have to put on a semblance of being super officious, i think is the wording ha)
no offence, just interested/intriuged
of course you dont have to expose' if its too personal

myself, maybe 1/2 of what i post is set out to confuse and/or'irritate'
maybe a hangover from the overly defensive days
dont mean to do it these days,but taken a lifetime of working on that to get where i am ha

Pretty simple instructions.

@rbkwp I type the way I talk. Sometimes my rambles are straightforward. Other days I only speak in MickeyLee. I guess my tongue/brain likes to take the road less traveled.

tagging @rbkwp - I picture you living in an open-air beach house, getting intorwebz from an array made of seashells.

1. Where do you find all the articles you post in Random Thoughts? Is animal welfare part of your job? *if not too personal*

2. If you could go anywhere in the Universe, where would you go?

3. If you could talk to the animals, which animal would be your first choice?

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
smile
i love it, i think mebee your a mite more truthful than i ha,lovely lady

ironically just relocated a week ago yesterday, 1km away from my abode of 20 years plus, apart from 8 years on island,that i loved so much
and it IS 'wide open spaces''

West Coast/Tasman Sea beachfont about 2 kms away,facing towards Aussie
Island was the East Coast facing towards Chile and much more susceptible to the Tsunamis, that were promised bi-annually but never came, sigh

yes, i do have a death wish esp
these days, getting tired of all of humankinds shenanigans

smile 2
i have maybe 6 email alerts arrive daily, like NG/HAKAI the ocean experts, that have all the interesting images/articles, and i do have a compulsive disorder of wanting to share, why keep the info to myself ha
tbh Animals have only come on strongly into my life recently, when i decided?? ha, they were/are a lot more sincere than us humans
excuse the negativity but thats how i feel these days esp

Universe, become a star, gazing down on humankinds folly, and not being a part of it
life/death no matter, i think it may well be?

talk to the animals
my beloved red setter ericthered, deceased maybe mid 80s
i failed to realise how fascinating his behaviour really was
saved my life by licking me to, well life once
no,i dont have a follow on tag for anyone,sorry

@rbkwp I type the way I talk.

Media
@chicagosam

1) what is your absolute favorite outdoor activity, and where does it typically take place?
I like to walk. Exciting, huh? For the most part it takes place around my wonderful suburban neighborhood. But, anytime woods, lakes, and sand beaches are involved, even better. I am hooked on the DIY show Maine Cabin Masters. I would like to have any of those camps as a play environment, and any of the outdoor activities they would allow.
dims
2) who is your favorite comedian, if any at all?
How do you choose? So many good comic entertainers. Seeing as I drift toward smart ass, I’ll go with old classics like Don Rickles, Joan Rivers, George Carlin; current David Letterman, Stephen Colbert, John Oliver, Bill Maher, Roseanne, Kathy Griffin, Sarah Silverman, and Lisa Lampinelli. I’ll think of others later.
3) what is the *best cookie?
Chocolate walnut turtle cookies, chocolate chip oatmeal walnut cookies, and cranberry oatmeal white chocolate chip walnut cookies.
IMG_6754.jpg

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
@Tight_N_Juicy

1.). Who would you most like to meet in person at LPSG?

2.). Have you ever met an LPSG member, and was it a positive experience?

3.). Who do you find to be the most enigmatic poster at LPSG, and why?

Oh, you and the difficult question!! That's a seriously hard question to answer. Since you didn't specify to only choose one... Basically all the ladies in the RLG, of course... It would be dope as hell if we could all have a badass women of LPSG meet-up. Hell, even bring all the fellas from the Some Boys Allowed group! You're of course invited too, chicagosam :heart:

I also very much appreciate @MisterB and @TurkeyWithaSunburn, they are good people.

I haven't ever knowingly met someone from the site, but in my heart of hearts that I have likely ran into one or two and didn't realize it. There's a specific reason as to why I get that feeling, but it's my lil secret.

Your third question takes me back to @BacknForth and her *very first post. I still love sammiches, damnit. (Of course, she's also invited to the meet up. I love her lots and lots)

D

deleted924715

Your third question takes me back to @BacknForth and her *very first post. I still love sammiches, damnit. (Of course, she's also invited to the meet up. I love her lots and lots)

Lol, the straw that broke the camel's back. I had lurked for a while - you can read the forums just fine without being a member. I literally signed up to post in that fool's thread :laughing:

Love you too angel :kissing_heart:

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Lol, the straw that broke the camel's back. I had lurked for a while - you can read the forums just fine without being a member. I literally signed up to post in that fool's thread :laughing:

Love you too angel :kissing_heart:

I remember the conversation, it was just a fustercluck of a thread and your post had me laughing, and just like... Who is this mysterious human? Hmm...

:heart:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
@MickeyLee

1) favourite superhero ?

2)favourite comicbook saga ?

3)favourite tv show or movie ?

1) favourite superhero ? I always go for the anti-hero. From the Main Man, Lobo to Deadpool. I like hyper-violence and trash talk.

2)favourite comicbook saga ? The series that made me want to make comic books Neil Gaiman's Sandman. Hell, i would say Vertigo Comics and Dark Horse.ran my early adolescence. The series was my first dive into a complete world without spandex-clad heroes. I knew what I wanted to do with the rest of my life.

*blink* you ask a fangirl this question? Sophie's Choice, dude. I have my favorite show, Supernatural. Even I can admit it's not the best show on TV. Just the one closest to my heart. Best Show *ponders* I am loving Altered Carbon and Preacher.

Movie. I have two favorite movies Happy Feet 2 and Big Hero 6. I've watched both films a million times and get happy joy-joy with each viewing.

runner ups: BladeRunner, Near Dark

@englad - Fast Becoming a Super-Sweep Little Dude in my book.

1. What woke you from lurker status to the current state of post-mastery you throwing down on the boards?

2. If vegetables participated in the Winter Olympics which vegetable would medal in pairs figure skating?

3. If you could claim absolute power would you? If you did what would be your first global action?

englad

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
@englad - Fast Becoming a Super-Sweep Little Dude in my book.

1. What woke you from lurker status to the current state of post-mastery you throwing down on the boards?

2. If vegetables participated in the Winter Olympics which vegetable would medal in pairs figure skating?

3. If you could claim absolute power would you? If you did what would be your first global action?

Cheers MickeyLee, I think your humorous word smithing helped a lot to the quality of my posts too. "Nutless nugget of fuckery" is easily the most evocative insult I've ever seen.

1. Short answer:

Privilege check cruising mode was enabled. Tired of bullying and fuckery.

: Longer answer:

Basically I joined a while ago when I was 19 and deeply closeted (think the first percentage stats I had written down were around 70-30 the other way lol to give you an idea of the self-denial at the time), so most of what I used to just use of the site was essentially related to getting comfortable with my sexuality. I did from time to time jump into the forums, but this tended to be rare. I was aware of plenty of bigotry on the site, and did call it out from time to time when I was in the forums. But the main ones I was dipping into (outside of sexuality specific sub forums), were politics (that sub forum actually honestly just feels like one group shouting into one cave and the other group shouting into the other lol) and I was fairly often in the chat rooms lol.

I think in terms of why I spoke up, there are many factors I could mention. But I think the most important one is just, for my own personal experience, being part of one marginalised group made me want to understand other ones to get an idea of why world the world is the way it is. So I've always been interested in hearing other people's life experiences, to understand what they have to go through, particularly when they don't have privileges I do have (white and male). I am also particularly interested in the topic of intersectionality when it comes to privilege too. Both in offline settings (e.g. my first gay clubbing crew were mainly gay women and we often would go to lesbian venues, as well as gay male venues) and online settings. As for forums, been on a few different ones too, so a wide variety people have provided inspiration for shade throwing skills. And I binge watch documentaries, particularly about society generally.

I had looked up a lot on how privilege and lack of privilege affects people differently before, but sometimes it could be harder to connect the dots and see how they interrelate if that makes sense or how they can overlap. But that realisation had been setting in for a while, it's just I'd mainly been looking at each set of privileges in isolation. One thing that really struck me as an overlap between the privileges was quite key, so many people don't seem to want to encounter any uncomfortable questions on the topic of privilege, but it can be so unhealthy if you don't, because you won't understand what other people experience, based on things like skin colour, sex, sexuality etc. And if you don't understand that, it's so hard to fix societal injustices and have a society that values human dignity. I saw that with the thread because many of the guys weren't comfortable talking about the topic, I've seen so many parallels online regarding racism, homophobia or transgender issues. On the topic of patriarchy though to quote one example, I knew women experienced harassment regularly and I knew men were conditioned to hide emotions, but bizarrely I am not sure I had properly put factors like that together into a broader picture of gender conditioning. So I could see the different parts, but not the sum of the parts before.

I got emotionally invested in the thread, both on a personal level and empathetic level for others. I saw some similarities that were particularly poignant too with many of the posters, particularly when I was being dismissed, and the thread made me emotionally articulate more than I had done before. I think sometimes I had the tendency of not combining emotional and rational responses together, I kind of overused rational responses but underused emotional responses, the sarcasm was always there though. Now I see how effective the two are if you combine them with equal measure. The biggest emotional trigger for me easiily was the concept of using some victims to bash other groups, it was sickening frankly. I ended up turning what I saw as a particularly extreme and deeply unhealthy combination of misogyny and a lack of self-awareness I don't think I'd seen properly on here before, I turned that into a kind of microcosm of societal injustices to hit back at, if that makes sense. I also threw back some of his own tactics back at him. I also was reminded of the power of satire to illustrate poignant statements.

Banal extra detail, tethering internet connection, due to wi fi problems, means I have to stick to text based forums on this site and can't watch youtube videos or streaming services.

I made a conscious effort to make myself more woke because I wanted to find out more about how the world actually works, I think the reaction in the threads was not only due to a contempt for misogyny, but beyond that it was also a simple anti-bullying reflex. From what I'd be able to guess I'd say women here make up 10% of the site, and something about that ratio alone struck a chord with me, for pretty transparent reasons. It was just cruel to see good natured female posters on a male dominated site in two of the only female orientated spaces, be bullied and attacked. It was the first time I had personally seen anything like that extent, cos I didn't check the women's issues thread that often before, though I did on occasion because I was aware that there were quite a few regular posters who were witty and sharp on here, that's actually how I ended up on the thread. I knew it was satire and was up for that sort of thread, it just ended up being very serious.

I knew virtually all of this before, but saw the picture taken together more clearly afterwards. A cathartic, mutually compassionate experience all round from the rest of the posters crucially though.

2. Clearly grapes, no contest. Simply take a couple out and those bits the grapes are plucked off would work perfectly as skates for the pairs figure skating.

3. Sounds really bizarre and accidentally facetious but yes, and I'd do a controlled test where the socially accepted drug is changed from alcohol to ecstasy and we analyse the results after a three month period, and vote on which one should be the main one. The reason for that it raises your empathy levels and oxytocin levels, so thought it might end up in a little more conflict resolution.

@LaFemme So I'm tagging you because I remember you leaving a dangling carrot in one of the last threads, where you said you were pleased to not have accidentally ended up in the "Internet Warriors" documentary:

1. What is your personal favoured method of trolling?

2. Nowadays rocket (aka satan's leaves) seems to be the massively overused restaurant ingredient of the age, just like sun dried tomatoes were before, What do you reckon will be the next one?

3. Can you give me five great documentary recommendations please?

Last edited:

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Pretty simple instructions. Tag someone and ask them three questions. That person tags another person or more than one person. And so on.

I tag @LaFemme

1. If you could have one superpower, what would it be? Would you use your powers for good, chaos, or evil?

2. If you had to name the toes on your left foot what would you name them?

3. What's the last terrible movie you watched? Name one good thing about it.
@MickeyLee, I am thrilled to be tagged in this post!

1. My super power would be....to make people “sashay away” (to quote Rupaul), at will - even online. First of all, it would be funny as hell; secondly, when people tick me off - whoosh, a great exit; thirdly, any homophobes will be ticked as well, and that would give me a giggle.

2. Well, obviously it has to be Gladys Knight & the Pips now that I’ve seen it! My toes are taking the midnight train to Georgia, baby! (The right toes are now the Jackson Five and singing ABC....so jelly.)

3. I can’t remember the last bad movie, but the worst movie I remember seeing was Dr. T and the Women. Like what the actual fuck? I was so innocent and hopeful when it started. I ended up in some sandstorm watching a baby being delivered in some inauthentic Native American cloud. But Farrah Fawcett was in it. She danced in a fountain in a mall. You can’t take that away from me!

I tag... @EllieP

1. I dare you to eat as many chicken wings as you can. I have your puppy hostage. How many spcould you eat?

2. What is the best book you last remember reading? What was it about?

3. Fantasy vacation. Where and why?

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
@englad - yours took research! I had to confirm the names of the docs I love!

1. Favourite method of trolling. Well, I’m no troll, but I have been trolled and in the past I have responded by recognizing their hidden adoration for me. Obviously they secretly want, and bad. Trolling is no more than secret desire. However once I recognize their passion, they kinda refuse my advances. I don’t get why.

2. Crickets. Ground or chocolate or bbq. Yup crickets. So gourmet.

3. In no particular order - Grizzly Man (omg, what was he thinking?!): The Hunting Ground (the rate of campus sexual assault, really hit home); The Bridge (suicides off the Golden Gate Bridge); Crazy Love (woman marries the man who threw acid in her face!); Mourning Son (Dave Navarro- moving through tragedy in his life).

Yeah, I know...kinda dark. o_O

I tag... @Mister B !

1. What is one thing that surprised you about LPSG?

2. Give me one favourite recipe!

3. Do you have a motto for life? What is it?

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
@MickeyLee, I am thrilled to be tagged in this post!

1. My super power would be....to make people “sashay away” (to quote Rupaul), at will - even online. First of all, it would be funny as hell; secondly, when people tick me off - whoosh, a great exit; thirdly, any homophobes will be ticked as well, and that would give me a giggle.

2. Well, obviously it has to be Gladys Knight & the Pips now that I’ve seen it! My toes are taking the midnight train to Georgia, baby! (The right toes are now the Jackson Five and singing ABC....so jelly.)

3. I can’t remember the last bad movie, but the worst movie I remember seeing was Dr. T and the Women. Like what the actual fuck? I was so innocent and hopeful when it started. I ended up in some sandstorm watching a baby being delivered in some inauthentic Native American cloud. But Farrah Fawcett was in it. She danced in a fountain in a mall. You can’t take that away from me!

I tag... @EllieP

1. I dare you to eat as many chicken wings as you can. I have your puppy hostage. How many spcould you eat?

2. What is the best book you last remember reading? What was it about?

3. Fantasy vacation. Where and why?

1. You picked one of my least favorite foods! LOL! I can eat about a half dozen, bleu cheese wings at this small wing restaurant in town. I can't do the heat of the Habanero ! Now, step away from Buster!

2. My favorite book was my most hated: Wuthering Heights. My Mum made me read it when I was at an age where reading was my least favorite activity. It took me the better part of a year to read it. I've probably read it ten more times, and right before Christmas last year. It's a story of sibling rivalry, revenge, lost love and sadness. It's one of those books when you're finished you look around a real life and scream "do any of you have any idea of what just happened?"

3. On my bucket list: hike part of the Outback and not the restaurant! I think most people know I like to push myself in the outdoors. I don't want to climb Everest or hike the Appalachian Trail. I want to go to Australia and spend some time in the very great outdoors! Soon, very soon!

I tag @Fade,

1. I'm giving you tarragon, spring onions and pecorino romano, what are you making and what's the rest of the recipe?

2. What's the funniest phrase you've ever uttered after inhaling helium?

3. You're in trouble, deep trouble; what super hero is going to save you, and how will you reward him?