Tag: You're It!

Dream Big

Legendary Member
Media
Washington (Washington, D.C., United States)
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Wow.

I mean, what the hell do you say to something like that?

“...I guess it’s a lot to process,” Gabriel said, no doubt watching a million emotions bounce around in my eyes.

“No kidding,” I said, shaking my head. “I don’t know where to start.”

“Saying you believe me would be a bit of a novelty,” he said.

“So you really are over a hundred years old. Despite looking like a 30-something prime-of-life snack.”

“Yup.” He grinned. “Never been called a snack before.”

“Now THAT I find unbelievable.” Truthfully, I probably picked that term up from one of the 20-something kids I dealt with, so who was I to talk? “And you’re immortal?”

“No clue. I don’t seem to be aging much, for sure. I feel great, physically. No dementia, no memory loss – if anything my mind seems to be better than ever.”

“Some people get all the luck,” I winced. My legs were sore from all the walking, and the rest of me was sore from… well, all the sex.

“Depends on how you look at it. Outliving everyone I care about kind of sucks.”

I bet. You could see the pain in his eyes, even though he was making light of it.

“How do you even cope with that?”

“A lot of survivor’s guilt at first, and then just managing the practicality of this life,” he said. “I saw some of the worst fighting this world has ever seen, some of it REALLY up close. Even if I’d aged normally, that’s a lot of folks lost, and so, so much death.” He frowned, and sat heavily on the chair. “I had to see all those damned pink triangles in Buchenwald. Bodies stacked like cordwood for being gay, or jewish, or …”

“I’m sorry,” I said, feeling helpless.

“Yeah. But the point is, there was lots to feel awful about for a good long stretch last century. On some level, I worked it out of my system. And I eventually realized that having to start over every so often meant a really clean slate. You can reinvent yourself. So much to see, to learn, to do.”

“Remarkably positive attitude,” I said.

“I’m not saying there weren’t some very rough patches for my mental health. But I have the advantage of seeing the long game. I can’t imagine how James would have reacted to the Civil Rights movement. People today, they think progress has stalled, but they’re blind to so much of it – a hundred years after James, we could be legally married. Just imagine! A black man and a white man, openly loving each other without fear.”

“Maybe around here. Wouldn’t try it in Alabama.”

“They think I’m too dark down there. I once got pulled over by a cop outside of Mobile, because I looked a little dark to be in that neighborhood. I got looks in post-war Germany, too – I just tan really easily and inherited my grandfather’s Mediterranean skin tone, and his curly hair.”

“I bet he was handsome.”

“I suppose. My mother was considered pretty.” A tear gathered in the corner of his eye, and he shook his head a bit. “Damn, I haven’t talked about any of this in literally decades. See what you do to me?”

“Me? You’re the cradle-robber here, sir.”

“Good luck convincing anyone of that,” he chuckled. We sat in silence for a few minutes.

“So why tell me all this? Isn’t it a risk?”

He leaned back in the chair running a hand dramatically through his mop of dark curls.

“Oh, Josh,” he said. “I told you because you asked, and because I’ve managed to become a pretty good judge of character. And because I’m seriously falling for you.”

Fuck. I wasn’t ready for it to be… mutual. I figured it would just be a fling, a harmless…

“Bet you’re regretting going through my wallet now,” he said.

“Wait just a minute, mister. I told you, I was putting yours –”

“Relax, I’m teasing,” he said. “Do you know, in just a day together, I’ve smiled more genuinely than I have in years? I’ve talked more about myself than i have in decades. YOU coax that out of me, you know. And somehow, I know I can trust you.”

“I’m flattered.”

“Josh, I’ve been thinking about this since we met,” he said, earnestly. “It’s entirely possible that, subconsciously, I dropped that wallet for you to find. Who knows? What I do know is that a very long time ago, when James gave me this gift, he told me he just knew it was right to do so, that I was the one he needed to be complete. I didn’t really understand until tonight, but now…”

“I understand now. It’s like there’s this spark, and I know – I *know* – that you could come with me. If you want to, of course.”

Looking back, of course he was building up to this. All his little questions, feeling me out, talking about frivolities and stuff that actually matters. He saw something, and felt me out

I never believed in love at first sight. Lust, attraction, fondness? Sure. I’d had lovers, I’d had boyfriends (and one girlfriend, back in college) over the years, and a few friends with benefits. It had been ages since my last proper relationship and that hadn’t lasted too long. I’d always kept something back. Never fully committed.

And here I was, a little over two days after meeting this guy, and he is literally offering me a lifetime commitment.

At least.

“You probably want to think about it,” he said. “It’s a lot, right?”

“It almost felt like a proposal,” I said.

“Good,” he said. “Because as far as I can tell, this is a one-way trip.”

He drained his coffee and leaned back.

“How much time can you give me?”

“As long as you want. I do have to fly overseas tomorrow, though. Business nonsense. But we have tonight, if you’re not going anywhere. Miss your flight, stay with me, and we’ll see if I can’t wrangle an answer out of you.”

“This is your idea of flirting? Hey, sexy, want to be immortal lovers together?”

“You get pretty snarky when you’re wound up,” he grinned. “But I get it. Probably came on a little strong.”

“More like it’s my default setting. I’ve been on my best behavior all week, you just made me slip up,” I said.

“I want nothing more than several lifetimes of days like today, with you, Josh.”

“Oh, just that.”

“Just that.”

We set the matter aside, by unspoken agreement, for a few hours. He didn’t press me, and let me busy myself with checking my email, getting my stuff from the hotel, and so forth. He insisted on going with me to collect my things. At very least, one more night with this guy wasn’t something I cared to miss out on. I just found the idea of decades, even centuries, a little daunting.

We’d no sooner dropped my stuff in his suite than the heavens decided to empty themselves, and we ended up cuddling and watching a movie as we dozed. The storm was really intense, and lasted until early evening. We found an Indian place for dinner, and took an uber over because it was still pretty rainy out.

Somehow, I set aside the thought of a momentous decision, and we talked about other stuff. Feeling each other out on minor controversies, and teasing out morsels of unguarded opinions. He had strong feelings about fusion cuisine, about tipping, about political stuff and social issues. So did I, but they were mostly compatible with his. Neither of us felt strongly about pineapples on pizza, though he insisted that they be charred or grilled a bit. Neither of us were following any sports, but we weren’t anti-sport. It was no shock that Captain America was his favorite Avenger. Mine was Doctor Strange. He preferred Jazz and I preferred blues.

I joked a little about not knowing someone truly properly until you’ve been in the room with them after curry and daal, and he chuckled. Hard to scare a guy who’d served in three wars with the threat of curry farts. The food was great and the service attentive – the hot Indian guy waiting on us was smitten, I think. He told us his favorite Avenger was Spider-man, and that set off a debate about whether Spidey counted, until I pointed out that he was officially invited by Tony – and Gabriel pointed out that Doctor Strange wasn’t officially invited. He had me there. I teased him that old people weren’t usually into comic book stuff.

It really confused our waiter, I’m sure.

Gabriel insisted on paying. There was a phone number with the check, and the name Sunil.

The rain had let up, so we walked back, and managed to find a gelato place. I realized with a start that we’d both shared a lick and a bite of each other’s without even thinking about it.

It was almost frightening how fast we’d fallen into a level of intimacy and familiarity.

And so, about a block from the hotel, I knew what my answer would be.

Dream Big

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Back in the room, we took turns in the bathroom, so when he emerged he found me sitting on the bed.

“What’s the look for?” he asked. “I left the fan running but you might want to give it a few…”
“Yes.”

He paused, his eyes registering a bit of surprise. “By yes, you mean…”

“Yes, I’ll join you. Or at least, I think I want to. But I have questions.”

“Oh my god,” he said, and sat down heavily. Then he squealed a bit and gave me a huge hug.

“Yeah. So this connection – I felt it too. No point in denying that. If you’d just asked to marry me, this would be a lot simpler.”

“If that’s what you want, I’m game.”

“But getting married would mean maybe 20 years if we’re lucky, normally. What you’re offering? It’s a lot longer. And we’ve known each other for just a weekend,” I said, trying my best to be calm and logical. “So I need to understand what I’m saying yes to.”

“Of course, of course!”

I asked some rather pointed questions, and I sensed nothing but honesty in his responses.

First, all that really had to happen was for us to agree, and for him to fuck my brains out, which I was already game for. It would only work with both of us being willing–and, not to be indelicate, we both needed to ingest a bit of the other. And when I woke, it would start.

Second, for him at least, the process was akin to peeling dead skin after a suburn. It didn’t hurt, but you could tell it was happening and it was occasionally uncomfortable. I’d probably tone up a bit, put on a bit of muscle and size, or maybe not. It might be different for different people, but James had not been surprised by any of Gabriel’s changes.

Third, yes, he would help me with papers and identity stuff whenever I was ready. He had the know-how and connections.

Fourth was the tough one. What happened if we found we weren’t compatible?

“No idea,” he said. “I never got the chance to try it before.”

“Forever is a pretty long time, Gabriel. People change and grow apart sometimes. What happens if I’m stuck forever and we fall out of love as easily as we fall into it?”

He had no answers there.

“I need to know I have options. You’ve read the Anne Rice stuff. What if we grew to hate each other? I don’t want to be Lestat and Louis.”

“I get it,” he said, a pensive look on his face. “What I can promise is we’ll get you set up for life. I may not have mentioned it, but I’m… kinda loaded.”

“I kind of breezed past that,” I confessed. “But I’m not here for th money.”

“Of course not. But having something of your own to fall back on, to make sure you have independence? Least I could do, and it would keep any weird power dynamic out of the relationship. I’ll get my guy to draw something up. Is fifty million enough to manage on?”

I confess, I was a little gobsmacked, and then chuckled. “Cute.”

“I’m being dead serious. We can do it as a prenup, if you like.”

“Fuck, how much do you have?”

“Technically, I’m two of the richest men in this country, and one of the richest in Europe. A little bit of a trick to that, obviously, but since all three of those names are notedly private and reclusive, the bit that I use myself is still more than I ever dreamed of having. It lost its luster pretty quickly alone.”

“It definitely has some perks. When I was into it, I bought art that cost more than $50M during the dot com boom. But I think you could live pretty comfortably on your own with that much, if you invest smartly.”

“You’re kidding. You’d just give me that kind of money?”

He shrugged. “In my case, I literally can’t take it with me, since apparently I’m not going to go anywhere. I haven’t touched the principle in almost a decade, and I pay my taxes and donate obscene amounts to charities. It’s just a way to make this life possible, far as I’m concerned.”

That was just a crazy life-changing amount of money.

“I can have my guy draw up papers in a couple days,” he said. “No strings. Fuck, Josh, it’s worth if for what we have right now. If we just had a few months together, and it was like this, I’d consider it well spent. But I have learned to think a bit more long-term. That art I mentioned? Bought for about 54 and sold four years later for 70. I liked it, but didn’t love the work itself. I just saw the potential.”

We talked a bit more, broadly, about logistics, but fuck, I was ready. Who wouldn’t be?

If I’m honest, the thought of what I was about to do, and what it meant, lent a frisson of excitement to the proceedings. It nearly threw off our game, at least at first.

But it quickly passed, and we moved quickly through some hurried foreplay, intent on heading for a prolonged main event. I remember disappointingly little of it – just some intense kissing, the electric thrill of his gentle touch moving slowly down my torso, and a feeling of anticipation. Before long we were going at it full throttle, and I won’t claim it was a virtuoso performance. It was just very raw, like a dam was about to burst, the whole way through. And then we managed to time our mutual orgasm perfectly.

“Was that it?” I said, panting.

“Pretty sure,” he said, smiling.

“Pass me that water bottle, give me ten or fifteen minutes to recover a bit. And then maybe we should try again, just to make sure.”

bleurfeliner

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm so so so glad that I saved this thread and got to continue reading this story! Honestly was just here for the smut first time I was around, but the story is really inreresting and I love how the characters develop!

I wonder what becomes of the two, or if James' death was some kind of foreshadowing. Please don't be foreshadowing!

Thank you for the writing so far, hoping for more, but if not, thank you again for the fun read!

Dream Big

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm so so so glad that I saved this thread and got to continue reading this story! Honestly was just here for the smut first time I was around, but the story is really inreresting and I love how the characters develop!

I wonder what becomes of the two, or if James' death was some kind of foreshadowing. Please don't be foreshadowing!

Thank you for the writing so far, hoping for more, but if not, thank you again for the fun read!
I never know how these are going to go, not until it’s written, but I don’t think James’ plane crash was foreshadowing. Glad you’re enjoying it.

Reactions: bleurfeliner

Dream Big

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I woke up gasping, sweating like crazy, and feeling like I was being deep-fried in hot pepper oil.

I wasn’t terribly quiet about it, but was too overstimulated to feel too worried about the noise I was making. Gabriel was nowhere in sight as I lay there, panting and writhing as small spasms wracked my spine. Had he infected me with some horrible curse, or worse, a disease? And then left me to die?

But my fears were stupid; he came in with the ice bucket and some hand towels he’d soaked in it, and lay the freezing cloth on my hot skin. The relief was almost instant.

“I’m sorry you’re suffering,” he said. “I think we can be fairly sure it took, though.”

It took a moment to register, and I looked down to find an unfamiliar torso.

“Fuck,” I said. I wasn’t ripped but I’d probably moved 20 pounds from flab to firm.

“Not till you’re done cooking,” Gabriel smiled. “I have some ointment here that may help later, but for now I’m just worried about keeping you cool.”

He leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. “Does it hurt much?”

“It’s no picnic,” I said. “I woke up on fire!”

“Same, when I went through this. What’s weird is that after a bit, I registered the heat but it didn’t actually hurt much at all. It was just uncomfortable. Hope it’s like that for you,” he said.

“Me too, but it’s – AAAAGH.”

Ever had a cramp? How about a full-body cramp? Yeah, not fun, but MAN it sucks when it’s pretty much your whole body seizing up like that. Not recommended at all.

My body was doing its own thing, adjusting to whatever gave Gabriel his mojo, for at least an hour. And then, it just turned into a dull, exhausted, ache – like I’d been to one hell of a party the night before.

“You’ll want to eat,” my angel said.

“I want to puke,” I said. “I still feel a bit nauseated.”

“It’ll pass when you eat. You probably didn’t hear it but I ordered a hell of a room service spread.”

I bitched about it the whole way, staggering mostly naked over to the little seating area. The lethargy was worse than when I had COVID and could barely make it to the bathroom.

But damned if he wasn’t right – I felt better almost as soon as the first few bites hit my stomach. It leeched away as I tore into the lunch. Some kind of chicken soup, a few bread rolls, a big salad, a chicken breast over pasta in a cream sauce. I left nothing on the plates or bowls, and I felt like a pig. But Gabriel just smiled and pushed his plate over. He’d opted for steak salad and there were a few bites left. In they went, along with a slice of cake.

“I can order dessert,” he said. “Well, more dessert. If you’re hungry later.”

I strongly considered it, but already the reaction was starting again.

“Ah, this part isn’t fun either,” he said, and guided me over to the bathroom. “It isn’t going to be pretty.”
I will spare the details, but the fat I’d lost had to go somewhere, and after several rounds, I felt empty again and the heat had started up again just after I laid back down on the bed.

“Why don’t you take a nice cool shower while I order up some more food,” Gabriel suggested.

“I just ate,” I said.

“That was about two hours ago, before you had your marathon bathroom break and half-hour nap.”

Dinner seemed to be about quantity, but i have to say, the hotel kitchen wasn’t bad. Huge salads, a mound of pasta, and two huge pork chops. While we ate that, a second round came, this time pot roast with all the traditional trimmings.

Gabriel laughed and ate a bit of each thing, watching me helpless to stop stuffing my face.

“If you take photos, I swear –”

“Fantastic idea,” he said, quickly pulling out his phone. “We’ll laugh later. Kind of wish I was into feeder kink.”

My stomach felt tight and uncomfortably full, but when I looked down, you’d never know. In fact pretty much everything was being used up to fuel whatever was happening to me.

The rest, apparently, was going right into muscles I hadn’t earned. By the time it started getting dark – and we’d ordered “snacks” that amounted to yet another full meal – I finally felt like things were settling down.

“I guess it’s a good time now to mention that you’ve put away a LOT of food. I can’t wait to see how this plays out.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean that I packed on a little muscle and maybe an inch of height – but you probably put away three times what I did.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, really. Maybe you should put off checking yourself out for a bit while it all settles – because I can tell you, it is NOT going to your belly.”

I glanced down briefly and found that the newfound firmness was evolving into a serious four-pack.

“Ah-ah! No peeking, Josh. I’m tempted to blindfold you.”

“So THAT’s your kink,” I joked.

“Nah, but let’s save a bit for later.” He pulled a sheet loose and tied it around my neck, so that my body was completely covered. “That way you can be surprised and so can I. Okay?”

“Okay,” I said.

“I could tie you up, if you want. But mostly I’m just trying to preserve the mystique of what’s happening to you, right?”

While the idea of being tied up – by Gabriel, at least – was interesting, I opted out. I was already overstimulated.

“Try not to feel yourself up – we can do that together in a few hours,” he smiled, lecherously.

I lasted maybe 20 minutes before I begged him to keep me from touching myself.

“Oh, my dear, dear boy…” he said, climbing over the bed. “I think I have a better idea…”

True to his word, I didn’t spend much time touching myself that night – even though I really wanted to – because he guided my hands to his own fantastic body, even as he freely roamed mine.

And there was, increasingly, more to roam on mine.

I felt like my whole body was one big erogenous zone, but even so, certain areas were especially sensitive.

My dick in particular, seemed to have multiplied the nerve endings even more than the tissue would suggest. Which is saying a lot given how much more dick I was sporting. Yesterday morning, I’d been average, around 6 inches, and not super thick.

I was currently pushing 8 considerably girthy inches into a straining, throbbing erection that didn’t feel like it had subsided in hours. Heftier balls, too – mine had been nothing special before – but there wasn’t any real change in sensitivity. Instead, they were just ..meatier. They seemed to enjoy being grabbed and gently tugged by Gabriel’s large hands.

I know we made love a LOT that day, and I know that by the time we took a break to shit, shower, and shovel more food into me, the place reeked of what we’d been doing. Between our sweat and various fluids, the sheets were probably a loss.

“Who cares?” Gabriel laughed. “If they charge me for them, so what?”

“I can’t help it,” I laughed. “Those are *not* cheap Motel 6 sheets and I’d be tempted to burn them.”

“Go shower, I’ll deal with this,” he laughed.

Ten minutes later, I felt much better (I’d rubbed one out in the bathroom again), and I strutted out of the bathroom completely naked, drying my hair.

“Hey Gabe, I”m –”

“Not alone,” my lover said.

There, halfway done changing the bedsheets, was a wide-eyed kid in his twenties, and if I could have, I’d have had his open-mouthed expression of disbelief made into my desktop pattern. He was latino, with ruddy skin and black-as-night hair, and he was compact but quite fit, as his slightly-undersized uniform confirmed.

He mumbled something under his breath as he stood there, looking like a deer in headlights.

“Babe, this is Carlos,” Gabriel said. “He’s come to help us out with the mess.”

“Mess,” Carlos agreed, still sort of in a daze.

“I probably should have opened up a window before I let him in,” Gabe said. “I sometimes forget how overwhelming we can be.”

“We?” I said, quickly grabbing a towel for some semblance of modesty.

“Well, me for sure. And probably you, too, by now.”

Carlos stirred, finally, shaking his head vigorously.

“I am SOOO sorry, I completely zoned out,” Carlos said. “Please don’t be embarrassed, I assure you this is not the worst mess I’ve seen.”

“I’d imagine anyone who left a mess of this sort was eager to leave quickly…” I said.

“I can come back,” Carlos offered.

“When do you get off work?”

Carlos looked confused. “Umm. I work until 8 tonight. Why?”

“I’m sure you could guess. We’ll try to get out of your way so you can do your job, for now. But while you’re swapping out the bedding, you might leave an extra set of sheets, just in case.”

Bemused, I watch poor Carlos process the offer with a very cute, quizzical, look in his eyes. For his modesty, I changed in the bathroom, and then sat with Gabriel on the sofa.

“Hope you don’t mind if we watch you work,” I joked. But then I whispered into Gabriel’s ear: “What’s that all about?”

“You’re about to hit a crescendo,” he replied. “Like, for probably a day or so. Figured you might appreciate a little variety, and I wanted you to know I was okay with it.”

“Crescendo,” I said. “Odd way to put it.”

“You’ll understand.”

Carlos was maddeningly efficient, once he tuned out the two horny bastards watching him work. The place was pretty spotless (other than where we sat) within 10 minutes. He did frown (and quickly cover it up) when he pulled the soggy, stained sheets off the bed and stuffed them into the laundry bin. As promised, he left a few spares.

“Will we see you at 8?”

“...I’m not sure,” he muttered.

“You have a few hours to figure it out. We’ll be back by 7.”

Dream Big

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
“So what are we doing for the next few hours?” I asked. “I’m not exactly dressed for the theater…”

“Oh, you’re going to need to burn some energy, babe,” James laughed. “And it’s nice today. Time to show off a bit.”

“Show off?” I asked. “Seriously? Is that why I’m wearing your gym stuff?”

“Well, that and not much else is going to fit. Not at the rate you’re going,” he said. “We’ll do a few laps around the Mall, and when we need to refuel, there’s a ton of food trucks. And a sporting goods store where we can buy *something* for you to wear.”

He wasn’t wrong about the need for clothing; just about everything I had with me (all but one old pair of backup khakis from before I lost the weight, which I’d packed by mistake) was a tight squeeze. At least now it was for a more satisfying reason. My current underwear was stretchier than I’d feared, but it was getting crowded – I tried not to think about it but things would get obscene pretty fast.

As it happened, the weather had turned VERY nice, and I didn’t look as out of place in my skin-tight tee and gym shorts as I’d feared. What I hadn’t expected was the stares James and I drew as we jogged around the Mall and various adjacent memorials and parkland. He kept easy pace with me, and then I him, as we took turns leading the way – and getting enviable views of each other’s enviable asses. When he decided to tease me by running faster, I found myself catching up without killing myself. The route was relatively flat but there were people all over the place, and occasionally we’d have to stop to cross a street or to avoid some other obstacle.

I’d never really loved or hated running, or jogging. I saw cardio as a necessary evil. But now, my enhanced body seemed to thoroughly enjoy the process of moving its ever-growing mass around. We’d done two laps around the mall and tidal basin – something like 10 miles all told – when I realized I’d barely broken a sweat. At worst I was a little “dewey” as my old aunt Gloria would have put it. So when we stopped at a crossing, I signaled a stop.

“What’s up?”

“I’m a little freaked out because I’m not hating the run,” I said. “Seems weird to complain but it feels a little weird to be barely sweating.”

“You can always try pushing yourself a little harder,” he grinned. “We’re about to hit the Tidal Basin – why not go all-out and we’ll see what you’re capable of now?”

That sounded oddly good to me, and when the light changed, I tore off, nimbly maneuvering around the crowd and just sprinting full out. My lungs gulped air with a smoothness I don’t think I’d ever known, and the wind in my ears became quite loud. I got curious, so I slowed down near the far end of the trail and tapped my watch a few times. Then I raced back, pushing as hard as I could. I caught quick reactions from people as I zoomed past them, all seeming surprised.

When I checked, I done a little less than a mile in about five and a half minutes. That seemed pretty fast – but a quick bit of googling shocked me; that was elite athlete level performance, and I wasn’t even done cooking yet.

James had been pacing me the whole time, but let me zoom ahead.

“The look on your face,” he chuckled. “How’d you do?”

“Under 6 minutes, which is fucking fantastic.”

“I should get one of those watches, you’ve got me curious.”

“Just borrow mine and see what you can do,” I said. “I’ll grab a snack.”

“Nah, just wait for me,” he said, grinning. Then, wearing my apple watch, he tapped the button and tore off.

The fucker did it in 3 minutes, 58 seconds.

“James, that’s almost the world record! Less than a thousand people in history have done it in under 4 minutes.”

“Oh,” he said. “That’s kinda cool.”

“Kinda cool?” I was flummoxed. “Dude, you’re barely sweating and you’re clearly not winded.”

“I told you, endurance is a perk.”

“I thought you meant in the bedroom,”

“That too.”

We grabbed a snack – a couple of half smokes, fries, and bottles of water – and sprawled in the grass where it wasn’t quite so crowded. He’d advised I pick up an extra one, and he was right; I practically inhaled the first one.

“I think I ate a whole damned pot of army hash my first day,” he said.

“Is it going to be like this all the time?”

“For a day or two, while you’re processing whatever makes us like this. I have to say, though, I think it’s hitting you pretty hard. Harder than it hit me.”

I looked at the arm holding the sausage, and realized there was a lot more arm than I was used to. Then I looked down and realized the shirt had ridden up and I could see my belly button.

“Fuck, I didn’t even notice,” I muttered.

“I think when you finish here, we should run over to the sporting goods place. They should have something for you there, but we’ll probably need to do a little more shopping tomorrow.”

One quick stop at a high end sporting good store later, I had a few pairs of shorts, a pack of larger underwear, and some undergear shirts – at least two sizes larger than usual.

“I spend over a year busting my ass to relocate 20 pounds and now I’ve got to buy oversize clothes again,” I groused.

“This is all temporary – we’ll order some stuff before we leave town. Meanwhile, we’re going to want to hustle back if we’re going to beat Carlos to our room.”

Ah yes, Carlos, the sheet wrangler who James had invited back to join us. I still wasn’t sure how I felt about that.

We made it to the room by 7:45, and found a large fruit basket and some wine and cheese waiting for us, plus a message on a large sticky note – it read “See you at 8 – Carlos”.

Guess I was about to find out.