Taiwan Wants you to give up the Urinal...

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
http://www.care2.com/causes/should-men-sit-down-to-pee.html

Taiwan’s environmental minister wants to rid the island of urine-splattered toilet seats by encouraging men to sit down when they urinate.
Stephen Shen, the head of Taiwan’s Environmental Protection Administration (EPA), has caused widespread debate on hygiene by suggesting that men should sit while peeing instead of standing up. He adds that he himself has adopted this habit. Shen believes that men sitting on the toilet as women do will create a cleaner environment.
Despite the fact that the facilities in most men’s restrooms in Taiwan are comprised mainly of urinals, local government officials are to be asked to put up notices in public areas advising men that they should sit on the toilet to relieve themselves.
No word yet on how the government proposes to monitor this!
The EPA’s passion about the issue has created controversy in Taiwan, with men protesting that sitting down is difficult because they’re not used to it.

They say it's 'the example of Sweden' ---:confused:

OTW it seems to me they need to get rid of toilets where a man's junk dangles in the water first. Maybe Taiwanese don't have that problem! Also the toilets in large portions of the world have no seat, but simply a hole in the floor for you to squat down. What then?

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I frequently use the men's restroom in my building. It's a one roomer type so I'm not walking in on anyone and vice versa. Why do I do this? One woman in my office leaves piss drops on the floor and the ring of the toilet and I'm tired of cleaning her goddamn piss dribble before I can sit down and relieve myself. Sort of off topic but I had to express my opinion about men's toilets. Sometimes they're cleaner than the ladies room. Sometimes.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Indeed. In public facilities there are some ladies who refuse to use the seat for its designed purpose and even leave shoe-prints on it! I scrub the seat with tissue before taking a seat, routinely. Legislate that, Taiwan....

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
. Sometimes they're cleaner than the ladies room. Sometimes.

oohh sme ha, well yes perhaps sometimes ha
not that i have sighted a ladies convenience, new project?? ha

encouraging men to sit down when they urinate.

ONLY if i am pissed enuf,that i cant stand, will i sit
a lifetime of standing i sure wont be adopting no Taiwanese directive ...
guy must be related to Singaporse perfect cleanliness king, Lee Kuan Yew?

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I know of a handful of males in my family that will not use a urinal. They stated it's due to the splash back they get from it. Easier to piss into a toilet with water. I'll have to ask them if they sit down on the toilet yet. :biggrin:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
males in my family that will not use a urinal. They stated it's due to the splash back they get from it.

haha yeah sme
think we Kiwis / Aussies are used to the splash back models, trough urinals galore over here .. ? ha
come to think of it, the more movement and avoidance can mean more viewing of the others Penis?? hah

AtomicMouse1950

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I made two trips to Taiwan in the early 1970's, on one occasion at a movie theater ... I had to go and went to find a men's room...I walked into the restroom, there were no urinals as we know them... The walls were bare...There were no stalls, or standard toilets ....There were porcelain holes embedded in the floors with a small tube where water shot around the bowl. That was it. So I left the theater and went back to my hotel so I could go. I was not aware Taiwan had standard American toilets, within its populice.

slurper_la

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
....There were porcelain holes embedded in the floors with a small tube where water shot around the bowl. That was it.

often referred to as a Turkish toilet and far more common around the world than one might expect. Takes some getting used to but I think more sanitary

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
....There were porcelain holes embedded in the floors with a small tube where water shot around the bowl. That was it.

Thats OK, provided your not wearing thongs / flip flops, when you may need to leap out of the way, when the water may be to powerful a swirling

and again, the Squat position for relieving the bowels, is supposed to be the Best natural position ..

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Taiwan’s environmental minister wants to rid the island of urine-splattered toilet seats by encouraging men to sit down when they urinate.
Surely it would make more sense to encourage them to use a urinal instead of a toilet to pee into?

has caused widespread debate on hygiene...
Hygiene? Surely piss is sterile under normal circumstances, so from the hygiene stance would be entirely acceptable to wash in, never mind splash a bit on the floor?

I know of a handful of males in my family that will not use a urinal. They stated it's due to the splash back they get from it.
Yes, that does happen, and then there is the disturbing puddle on the floor even if most of it is splashing from rinse water. But if we are talking smell rather than hygiene, some of that stuff which passes as air freshener is even worse.

I lived in Taiwan for a year after college. They have so many bizarre issues with their toilets that I'm not surprised by this at all.
Do explain?