Take The HIV Test

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by marleyisalegend, May 9, 2008.

1. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    Real quick, before you let that cute guy on the other side of the club pull you in the bathroom and slam your booty, before you let your boyfriend convince you to have sex without a condom, before the guy you met at a party last night comes over for a nightcap, take the HIV test and determine how well you can decide whether or not somebody is HIV positive, this is essential for your survival.

Positive or Not - Think you can tell if I have HIV?

2. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Of course you can't fucking tell!

That just made me sad :frown:

3. Ms.Teacher

Ms.Teacher New Member

I got a few right, and a few wrong--basically guess work. It still boggles my mind when I see personals ads in which someone will state they are HIV neg or STD free.

4. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    with this being friday i figure there's going to be plenty of drinking, clubbing, partying so this was a gentle reminder for everyone to stay conscious of what they decide to do because people with HIV don't wear shirts that say "hey, i'm positive". young men especially are world-renowned for a "fuck tonight, worry about test results when another celebrity oh-my-god-he-looked-so-healthy-in-that-movie-how-could-he-be-positive incident inspires me to get tested". many of the PHYSICAL symptoms of the final stages of HIV can remain dormant until, literally, the final days. if you think your safe avoiding people with sunken in eyes, fat deposits about the face and narrowed cheekbones, you're sadly mistaken. the guy with the spiked hair, $100 sunglasses and rippling chest muscles is just as likely to be positive.

5. Ms.Teacher

Ms.Teacher New Member

Do you think it's very common in this day and age for people to have anal or vaginal sex without a condom during a hookup?

6. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    statistics would say HELL YES. so would many of my friends. besides, it's not just condoms, it's knowing WHO you're hooking up with. there are some hiv+ people who will sneak in some vaseline to guarantee that the condom will rip so they can purposefully infect someone. google intentional hiv transmission. i'll never forget an episode of cops where they arrested an hiv+ hooker for prostitution. she looked dead into the camera and said that since she's going to hell, she's going to take atleast 45 men with her.

7. rrambo

rrambo New Member

Albums:
    yes, more than you can imagine

8. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    maybe ms. teacher hasn't been on a date in awhile, lol. i wish i had a dollar for every

-come on baby i just got tested, we can look at the resuts AFTER i fuck you raw

-what if i just put the head in, can i do it without a condom

-come on baby you can't get pregnant (yes i've heard this one)

-do i look like i have hiv??

9. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh how freaky, I got nearly everyone right over two rounds. Scary.

10. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    just means you can have unprotected sex with whoever you want cuz you've got... the EYE!!! duh duh dummmmmmmmmmm!!!!:eek:

11. Ms.Teacher

Ms.Teacher New Member

Why do you think people do not use condoms for hookups? They're drunk? On drugs? Don't like condoms?
    They don't care and figure they'll risk it?
    HIV/AIDS is treatable and not a death sentence?

LOL Marley, yes, I do date. I don't hookup with strangers, and I insist on testing in relationships. I don't want herpes, HIV, or anything in between.

What surprises me is people would believe a stranger telling them they are HIV negative. It seems so incredibly naive on their part. I would doubt most things a stranger is telling me, so if one told me he was HIV negative, it would fall into the same category of doubt.

As adults, I wonder what impact we have on children if we tell them about safe sex, especially since they know adults may not be practicing it themselves. "Do as I say, not as I do." Remember that expression? Our parents used to tell us to avoid drinking, drugs, sex, smoking, and many of us ignored what they said.

As you can see from those pics, you can't really tell who is HIV positive. Then again, you wouldn't be able to tell if someone had cancer unless they had lost a lot of weight, hair, and looked really sick. On the other hand, I've seen some people undergoing chemo and radiation for cancer, and if they hadn't told me, I wouldn't have known. The obvious difference would be that you can't catch cancer from having sex with someone afflicted with it. With AIDS, there's a possibility.

12. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:

13. Ms.Teacher

Ms.Teacher New Member

Cancer is treatable but not always curable. In the US, more people die yearly from heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and accidents than from AIDS.

LOL No preaching on street corners for me. I may be a minority on this site, but I don't think I am amongst the general population. I hope not. We're over 25 years into the AIDS situation.

Sadly. Give them all the information they need, and they don't use it.

Hooray! Finally someone understands you! :beerchug2:

14. Kodak101

Kodak101 Member

It'll only be a matter of time before we cure HIV and AIDs, it's possible, but with the knowledge and technology we have now it's impossible to kill the virus, but possible to treat it. Haven't you guys seen that Southpark episode concerning HIV?

15. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    maybe i'm not looking at quantity so much as "quality". don't most people who die in accidents die either right away or soon after?? it took my aunt an entire summer of intense and unimaginable suffering to die from aids.

16. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    it wouldn't surprise me if doctors/scientists/whoever isn't actively trying to find a cure. how much money stands to be lost if we cure aids?? do you know how much money is made on retro-viral treatments, "research", etc..!! i always find it amusing that with limited resources and information, men were able to cure polio along with many other diseases of the past and they did so without 45 million dollar labs and technological advancement. i'm not a conspiracy maniac but it's certainly worth wondering how feasible it is to ask a drug-dealer to burn every field of marjuana plants, the very thing they make their money off of.

17. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

Me too.
    But the fact that many engage in this 'he/she looks healthy' nonsense makes me more angry than anything. :mad:

Idk, it has been 30 years since the first known AIDS cases.
    As I understand, there are so many mutations in HIV that a cure or even vaccine would be difficult to create. Sort of like what happened with gardasil, they would only cover so many strains.

18. Ms.Teacher

Ms.Teacher New Member

Sorry about your aunt.

Quality of life is very important. Yes, you can die immediately in an accident or suffer for months or years with some kind of dreadful disease. But AIDS isn't the only disease that causes suffering.

I knew a man who got leukemia, went through hell with a bone marrow transplant and tons of chemo, only to die less than a year later. My grandmother suffered for months with colon cancer that spread to her liver. People with diabetes sometimes have to have limbs removed and can suffer problems with their organs.

And then there's cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, strokes, paralysis, ALS, burn victims, etc. Life can be really unfair. AIDS for the most part is a preventable disease, but some diseases we have no control over. We get some kind of weird symptom, have it checked out, and find out we have God knows what and don't have a clue how we got it.

My family history consists of high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, cancer and Parkinson's disease. :mad:

19. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    i really feel for you for your losses, but that's what makes aids so upsetting a disease. there are MILLIONS of fathers, sons, cousins, co-workers, friends, mothers who have to watch their loved ones suffer, deteriorate, and die slowly because of their OWN CHOICES. no one chooses cancer (albeit smokers) but parkinson's, leukemia, etc.. are random diseases, aids for the most part is transmitted by poor choices. there are exceptions but many people get this disease by engaging in the very behaviors they're taught can cause this disease. IMO it's almost selfish to put your family through this cuz you wanted a hot rump with that guy from the bar or turned to intrevenous drugs. i'm not judging these people and certainly feel sorry for them, but someone who contracts aids because of making a bad choice are one hair away from deserving and "i told you so".

20. Ms.Teacher

Ms.Teacher New Member

It's terrible to be afflicted with any serious or life threatening illness. And for the families involved, my heart goes out to them...we've all experienced suffering and losses in our lives.

People who get HIV/AIDS did make a bad choice in having unprotected sex or sharing needles, but I know you and I have compassion for them, even if we'd like to yell at them and say, "I told you so, I told you so." It's frustrating but we can't control people's lives. We can't tell them not to smoke, drink and drive, or who to have sex with. Life is full of choices, and it's up to each individual to decide what's best for him or her.

Draft saved Draft deleted