Taking a break

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
A friend of mine informed me that after 2 years of being together her boyfriend wants to "take a break" to consentrate on work, family issues etc, but that it does NOT mean he wants to see other people. They live seperatly but are very close (in my oppinion to close) and see each other everyday and are always in contact with either phone calls or text's several times a day

Ive had friends before who have 'taken a break' and the relationship has either never gotten back to the same level of commitment, one has gotten bored of waiting and found another person or has it failed altogether.

Is taking a break agood indication of a bad relatinship?
Is it possible to come back stronger or does it signal the end?

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A friend of mine informed me that after 2 years of being together her boyfriend wants to "take a break" to consentrate on work, family issues etc, but that it does NOT mean he wants to see other people. They live seperatly but are very close (in my oppinion to close) and see each other everyday and are always in contact with either phone calls or text's several times a day

Ive had friends before who have 'taken a break' and the relationship has either never gotten back to the same level of commitment, one has gotten bored of waiting and found another person or has it failed altogether.

Is taking a break a bad indication of where a relationship is?
Is it possible to come back stronger or does it signal the end?

I'm not saying it's a definittive sign, but I'd tell her to get out her party dress and start hitting the party circuit.

Unfortunately, every guy I know who has said that has found a woman he isn't sure will work out. If it doesn't, he can "come home" is the mode of thinking. Even if he came back, she is probably better off without him, he would only do it again down the road.

Eva

Experimental Member
Media
"Take a break" is subtitled in my brain as: "I'd like to fuck around on you and have it so that you can't be mad when I come crawling back because no one else will put up with my bullshit like you do."

For me, a break is permanent.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
[quote=Eva;975602]"Take a break" is subtitled in my brain as: "I'd like to fuck around on you and have it so that you can't be mad when I come crawling back because no one else will put up with my bullshit like you do.

For me, a break is permanent.[/quote] I concur.

Ive had friends before who have 'taken a break' and the relationship has either never gotten back to the same level of commitment, one has gotten bored of waiting and found another person or has it failed altogether. Is taking a break a good indication of a bad relatinship? Taking a break is a sign the relationship is about to end.
Is it possible to come back stronger or does it signal the end? I have never heard of this making a relationship stronger. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen, I've just never heard of it.:tongue: :redface: :biggrin1:

OmahaBeef

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It could mean a combination of just wanting to chill things out, or a subconcious way for a person to legitimize their desire to "look around".

I think it is usually a death sentence for the relationship, because being that it involves 2 people, one or both of them will grow weary and "move on" i.e. date others.

If the desire for a break is legit, and the rules are adhered to, then it could prove fruitful. But the chance of this is slim. One person or the other is likely to grow sick of that state of affairs pretty quickly.

...OB