Taking compliments from people?

big_tits4big_dicks

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm different. Strangers thinking I'm beautiful, without knowing me is a huge complement! It still means a lot from my friends and family, but I guess it's the same as "my mom says I'm good looking" haha, but I see the other side as well. I guess the beauty in people I know blinds me sometimes so I can think your super hot and you are not so much.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm different. Strangers thinking I'm beautiful, without knowing me is a huge complement! It still means a lot from my friends and family, but I guess it's the same as "my mom says I'm good looking" haha, but I see the other side as well. I guess the beauty in people I know blinds me sometimes so I can think your super hot and you are not so much.

I was kind of thinking along the same lines. Actually ALL sincere compliments are very appreciated, but sometimes when it comes from an unexpected source, it's like "Wow, Really?"

Harold81

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I was kind of thinking along the same lines. Actually ALL sincere compliments are very appreciated, but sometimes when it comes from an unexpected source, it's like "Wow, Really?"

I'm totally with you on this. I have gotten genuine compliments from strangers regarding a haircut, clothing item, or for just having "a kind face" and it felt great. I myself have given compliments to complete strangers because I felt particularly moved to do so.

Even on this site. There are literally thousands of members and if I choose to compliment someone out of those thousands, it is because I really mean the compliment. I don't compliment everyone I see here, so if anyone get a private message from me or a simple compliment, consider yourself special because I don't do it very often. I try to be as respectful as I can in that compliment but I know some take offence because they may interpret it as a "come on", when really it is simply admiration.

I love compliments from those I have relationships with, however compliments from strangers feel just as good if not better.

I'm terrible at taking compliments,i feel very awkward when i get them,but enjoy them after awhile,it's flattering i guess, especially if they come from a stranger.

Maxime_

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
One of the things I've noticed is that I much prefer to receive compliments from people who I feel some friendship (relationship) with than strangers. Even though it's nice to get them in all situations. What I find interesting is that when a person I find attractive thinks I'm hot, then somehow it affects me more. Or even more so when it's someone who I love or who loves me. I think it's similar to being lusted after by someone who I feel the same way about. For me it's actually a big turn on when lovers tell me they want to "jump my bones". How do others feel about this? Thanks. :biggrin1:

I'm on the opposite line: i like receiving compliments from complete strangers,because i think they're somehow more true and more felt. I mean,if a stranger,or someone i am not that close to, pays me a compliment, it means it is so true that he/she really feels it and needs to tell me. It is far easier to get compliments(which are mostly never impartial) from one's own family or friends or lovers. Which compliment is better than the ones you get unexpectedly from a complete stranger? When this happens, it makes my day...:)!

Fire Stick

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
As I have admitted before, I enjoy showing off my big dick, and accordingly, I enjoy compliments on it from anyone. However, I can appreciate the original poster's perspective -- compliments from those you love, like, admire, or respect are particularly nice. Comments from strangers can be more unexpected and less memorable, but it strokes the male ego to know you've made an impression on someone you don't even know. :)

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

I believe compliments are always nice from whomever and wherever they come, if they are sincerely given and not false flattery....
I think most of us can tell the difference...

But, the unexpected and the out-of-the-blue ones can also be very flattering and exciting to receive...simply because they are so unexpected.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
One of the things I've noticed is that I much prefer to receive compliments from people who I feel some friendship (relationship) with than strangers.

Unexpected compliments from strangers leave me instantly on guard. That's because the 'compliments' from strangers are rarely ever actually that. Rather, they almost always some kind of flattery to enhance a sales pitch from someone seeking something from me.

Compliments from frinds can be that as well but at a much lower ratio.

hsarge

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was verbally abused (e.g. lazy good for nothing, I wish you were never born)as a child, so now I have a hard time accepting any compliment. Conversely, I try to compliment people because I feel that self confidence is important, particularly for children and teens.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
i love getting attention from people. but honestly, most of the time someone compliments me, i don't believe them. i don't know if it's some kind of weird modesty thing i have or what

NEWREBA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
One of the things I've noticed is that I much prefer to receive compliments from people who I feel some friendship (relationship) with than strangers. Even though it's nice to get them in all situations. What I find interesting is that when a person I find attractive thinks I'm hot, then somehow it affects me more. Or even more so when it's someone who I love or who loves me. I think it's similar to being lusted after by someone who I feel the same way about. For me it's actually a big turn on when lovers tell me they want to "jump my bones". How do others feel about this? Thanks. :biggrin1:

jon, i feel the same way you do. the thing is when a b/f says something sweet and positive then it feels as if i'm of importance to him and valuable. i know in my case anyway that it also makes me feel closer to him and happier being with him.