Taking Pleasure in People's Pain

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by B_lrgeggs, Jan 30, 2011.

1. B_lrgeggs

B_lrgeggs New Member

Have you ever noticed that there is a certain personality type of people that seem to take pleasure in people's pain. That for some reason they will seek what button a person has....and go for it. It's obvilously cruel.
    But I don't know if that personality type can really help themselves as
    I guess it's just their chemical make up. I try to avoid folks who tend this
    way. But was wondering if anyone has ever shared a similar experience.
    Or perhaps maybe someone might aknowledge this behavor in themselves.
    (I suspect this behavior may have it's root in paranoia as a sort of defense mechanism, but it's only a guess)

2. FeroxFemina

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Bullies in school... made my life hell. They definitely showed those traits.

As an adult I have come across that behaviour a few times and have avoided those people. It's not something I want to be a part of.

3. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    Called sadism bro.

I indulge myself from time to time but as a whole I restrain myself so as not to create a hostile environment

4. earllogjam

Gold Member

5. AG08

Gold Member

I avoid these types as well. I don't allow toxic people to be a part of my life. I don't pay attention to anything they say because I always consider the source, and walk away. Toxic people always want an audience. When you take that away from them, they have nothing.

#5 AG08, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  6. B_625girth

B_625girth New Member

my neighbor gets excited when the economy goes bad or someone is getting divorced, factory lay offs, etc. why? cuz they are going to sell things cheap. he came over about 15 yrs ago, "did you hear about XXX?" no. "he got laid off, and is getting divorced. he's got to sell that fancy boat. I gonna steal from him." and a few weeks later he got the dude's boat, and bragged about.

bragging/making your good fortune at the expense of someone else is just wrong.

7. thefroh

thefroh Member

Schadenfreude, man.

In other words, sadistic cock-munchers.

8. D_Maurice Mountlilly

D_Maurice Mountlilly Account Disabled

toxic mutha fuckaz..i used to hang with a few when i was younger.
    i had a friend who would only be happy when things went wrong for others.and if things were bad for him,then his reasoning was things should be bad for everybody else..i hate my damn self sometimes for hanging around people like that.
    life's too short to be misrable for no reason,especially when there are sooo many other people in the world that are really suffering.

Draft saved Draft deleted