Taking Pleasure in People's Pain

B_lrgeggs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Have you ever noticed that there is a certain personality type of people that seem to take pleasure in people's pain. That for some reason they will seek what button a person has....and go for it. It's obvilously cruel.
But I don't know if that personality type can really help themselves as
I guess it's just their chemical make up. I try to avoid folks who tend this
way. But was wondering if anyone has ever shared a similar experience.
Or perhaps maybe someone might aknowledge this behavor in themselves.
(I suspect this behavior may have it's root in paranoia as a sort of defense mechanism, but it's only a guess)

I avoid these types as well. I don't allow toxic people to be a part of my life. I don't pay attention to anything they say because I always consider the source, and walk away. Toxic people always want an audience. When you take that away from them, they have nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
my neighbor gets excited when the economy goes bad or someone is getting divorced, factory lay offs, etc. why? cuz they are going to sell things cheap. he came over about 15 yrs ago, "did you hear about XXX?" no. "he got laid off, and is getting divorced. he's got to sell that fancy boat. I gonna steal from him." and a few weeks later he got the dude's boat, and bragged about.

bragging/making your good fortune at the expense of someone else is just wrong.

D_Maurice Mountlilly

Account Disabled
Media
toxic mutha fuckaz..i used to hang with a few when i was younger.
i had a friend who would only be happy when things went wrong for others.and if things were bad for him,then his reasoning was things should be bad for everybody else..i hate my damn self sometimes for hanging around people like that.
life's too short to be misrable for no reason,especially when there are sooo many other people in the world that are really suffering.