Tall, dark, and. . .

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=sammygirly link=board=women;num=1063423035;start=0#2 date=09/12/03 at 21:56:24]I tend to go for taller men because I'm quite tall myself and I just prefer it.  I'm 5'11.

But, when I put some thought into it, I guess it has something to do with the whole thing that men are supposed to be stronger, taller...the protectors so to speak.  Maybe it's inbred through evolution...?
[/quote]
I dunno; most societies have some form of women warriors, and musculature isn't a correlation to height. (In fact, one genetic disease, Marfan syndrome, causes greater height and less musculature.)

I was thinking of another evolutionary reason; females have to be picky with their mates because they can only get pregnant so many times, once for each cycle before menopause. Male gametes, OTOH, are disposable. Females choose the healthiest-looking male. Height correlates with diet; it correlates negatively with persistance of childhood diseases. A similar rule can be made about "handsome"; it's either markers of the upper class (i.e., bulk among Polynesians) or simply markers of versatility (i.e., symmetry).

"Dark" is probably just exoticism.