tall girls

inquiringmind: Hi da-blissmachine,

I have a question... you  are from India, correct? Is your height average there or above or below normal? The reason I am asking is because an online Indian "friend" had been pressing me to find out my height  and when we did the conversions  freaked out because I am 5'4" and he is 5'2". I had never thought of myself as tall, but then I guess everything is relative...

Inquiring mind

shadow: I'm 6' 4" so there are not many girls taller than me, but the ones who are, I probably wouldn't date. Don't get me wrong, but I don't like it when i have to look up to my GF. I am a dancer (latin, ballroom, not ballet or striptease) and my partner is about 4-5 inches shorter than me, and I think that's the perfect lenght for my future GF (my partner is not my partner if you get what i mean). Any taller would make me look at the same eye-level as I have (when i look in her eyes) or even higher. I especcially love a girls eyes so if I have to look up to see them, that would not be good for my relation with that girl.

About "the exactly same girls", I would choose the shorter one, but you could have already guessed that from my little story above.

da_blissmachine: Especially in older generations, most Indian men and women are pretty short.... however there are some communities in the North where the average height is around 6 feet.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
5'9" (175 cm) is the human male average, and 5'5" (166 cm) is the human female average. But stature tends to be a very mutable characteristic: Between 1887 and 1987, the height of the average Swiss army recruit increased 14.5 cm, not from any genetic change, but simply from better living conditions.

da_blissmachine: the height of urban Indians is also becoming discernably higher than that of rural Indians

getnbiggr: Reply 1 of 2:

I'm about 6'3" and I come from a tall family -- my dad is 6'1", my brother is 6'3" or my mom is 6' and so is my little sister. And so i've heard many stories over the years about the trials and tribulations of tall women in the dating world...

We grow real young in my family -- i was 6'3" by age 13 -- and so my mom and sister had to face that too. Both of them dealt with it by becoming jocks -- basketball, swimming, volleyball, etc. And both of them dated various 'tall' men... My mom jokes that she used to hang out in the deep end of the swimming pool so that the guys she'd meet would either be tall or fit enough to chat her up while treading water. And my sister was with a guy who was 6'8" for a while because she got tired of always being the tall one... She said it was nice to feel small.

But both my mom and my sister married men who were about their height or a bit shorter. My dad, now that age and loss-of-height has set in, is about the same height as my mom, and shorter than her when she wears heels. And my sister's husband is probably 2-3" shorter than he is. And he loves that she's taller than he is.

Anyways, nothing too earth-shaking here, but just a comment that the question of dating tall girls also has implications for the girls in question.

-- J.

getnbiggr: post 2 of 2:

And just to broaden the topic a little... What about the question of height and dating in general, not just het dating? As a fairly tall (6'3") gay man, I have to deal with those issues on a semi-regular basis.

I don't tend to date guys based on height, and most of the guys I've dated have been in the 5'8" - 6'0" range, which is where most guys in North America fall statistically anyways. But I have dated guys about 5'6" and once slept with a guy who was 7' tall, just for variety... and like any other kind of sexual attribute, it was interesting/fun/boring/good/bad/hot/lukewarm etc depending on the person.

But it does have interesting implications sometimes. I've encountered some "height-queens" (for lack of a better word), most often guys who are quite short who are really attracted to me because of my height. And who will be very upfront about it.

And I've also noticed the operation of what could be called the tall-boy-club: when I'm in a bar and some other guy about my height or taller walks by, he'll usually give me that nod of recognition... The "I'm tall, and so are you, so hey there" look. And typically it doesn't go any further than that. But it's kind of interesting to watch it happen....

And on the other end of things, a good friend of mine has a height-ceiling, meaning that he won't date guys over a certain height, cause he doesn't like feeling short.

Anyways, was just curious to broaden the discussion... Any other height/dating stories?

-- J

ORCABOMBER: Good question CptStpd!
I think I'd be slightly "wowed" if a taller girl came on to me. What can I say, I love a challenge! :D