Tampons - Odd Request

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Countryguy63, May 22, 2010.

1. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Man oh man, I'll bet you think "Oh Geez, another one?, lol

Me=single father of 2 daughters, very open in communication, however no one personally that I feel comfortable with "learning" womanly things, lol. I've become close enough to trust many of you women here, so I thought this might be a good place.

Oldest, "of age", youngest, getting close. I DO NOT want my discussion to turn into some sicko's wank fodder or all the other BS that happens here. Far fetched, I know, but I was thinking that maybe I could be "let in" to the "Real Women" group for a discussion, and then kicked out afterwards?

I thought about PMs, but I would rather it be a group discussion to hear the ladies feedback with each other (does that make sense?)

Since the topic has been mentioned here (my home), I would really like to become educated (when you are a single father, you have to, actually want to, learn about these things) on the whens and whys. The difference in T's and pads (other than the obvious:rolleyes:), reasons of one over the other, facts or myths, etc?

I just want to be able to give the best advice I can,

Thank you for your consideration :smile:

2. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Start your own private group and invite the ladies you want to ask.

Just a thought.

3. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Good Idea, but I would hate to leave out, say someone like yourself that I haven't had the opportunity to develop a friendship with, but that may give some geat advice.

If that turns out to be the best option, I probably will.

Thank you :smile:

4. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    What exactly do you want to know?

5. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Well - you could just invite the female members you know and ask them to suggest others.

I'll happily pm you on the topic if you like - but I agree a general discuss would be better. I also agree that discussing your daughters on the open forum is to be avoided. You sound like a good dad :smile:

He doesn't want to get in to that here for fear of :wank::wank::wank: - can't say I blame him.

6. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I can understand you not wanting to take the risk of it turning into wank fodder so I've temporarily invited you into the ladies group - no farting, belching or pissing on the toilet seat please ;-)

I hope some of the ladies will tell you their experiences and offer you their sterling advice.

He does sound like a good dad MB, but you know what some of the guys on here are like.

Fap, fap, fap.

7. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ok then I erase this answer and will just wait and see what he asks in private :)

#7 HiddenLacey, May 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2010
  8. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

subgirl - please edit - countryguy specifically didn't want to discuss details of his daughters' requirements on the open forum. I think we should respect that.

9. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm already ahead of you:wink:

10. luka82

Gold Member

Country, you can talk to me too about it:):):)
    I know a thing or two about it, not willingly though!

11. Pitbull

Gold Member

As a single dad with a teenage daughter.
    I am an expert in these things.

You don't have to discuss anything.
    You don't have to say one word.
    You should not say one thing.

and

You only have to know one thing.
    That one thing is:
    Who is the woman you know that can have that discussion with your daughter,
    and answer whatever questions she might have.

There is someone. Relative, Friend, Mother of one of her friends.
    They will be glad to do this.
    Because they know it will be such a big mistake if you try.

Girls at that age think their father is creepy to begin with - no matter how cool you may think you are or even if your daughters brag about you in front of your friends.

They do not want to have a discussion with their father about feminine matters.
    You don't want it.
    Don't try it.

If you do.
    They will ask a question you do not know the answer to.
    Then you will seem like such an idiot that nothing you told them about the matter will be taken seriously.

What are you going to do when that happens?
    Say. "Great question, honey. I'll post it on LPSG and see what the ladies say."

No problem with you being knowledgeable. That is a great thing. And if the women here can help you understand the secrets of womanhood - BRAVO!

But do not go down the path of trying to discuss this with them.

GOOD LUCK.

And sorry to break it to you...
    ....Tampons are the least of your worries. :eek:

12. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

Country, you are in the chatroom with me all the time, you can pop me a private request and i will gladly carry on some live dialogue with you about this. Being a person who didn't get talked to about these things. I also have a coming of age daughter and i also talked to other females in the family as they were approaching this stage of these pads VS tampons stuff.

I was all sorts of scientific about it, taking a tampon and getting it wet to show them how it works and whatnot. Pop me a message brother!

13. dolfette

Gold Member

pitbull, that's rot.

it's a rare thing but there are dads who have a close relationship with their daughters and really are the best people to deal with it.
    there's no shame in admitting you don't know something, and a promise to find out for them is something to be respected.

you can speak for your relationship with your girls but not for his.

and i say this as the mother of a daughter. i see the relationship she has with her father and she surprises me with how open she is with him.

14. boerkie

boerkie New Member

this is what i love about this board, a request, and quickly the real sincere members take it up.

and then there are the mud rollers....

15. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    I was raised by a bachelor and I didn't think he was creepy at that age. I admit that I wasn't comfortable discussing things like that and neither was he, because he's a guy, but I was more comfortable talking about those things with him than with my mother.

My dad rocks!

16. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

My mum bought me a book called Everygirl when I was 10 or 11. It had everything in it - from development to sex to periods. She said to ask her if I had any questions after reading it but the book was so good I never really needed to. I would recommend this book to all parents of tween girls. I believe there is also a version for boys called Everyboy.

17. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Oh god, this is hilarious. My entire life my father has just randomly given me books. It could be a subject I've never expressed an interest in, an author I've never heard of, anything. His method and reasoning are incomprehensible when he gives me books and he never pressures me to read them. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. He never brings it up.

When I was about 12 my father began giving me health books. I got Gray's Anatomy, which I still own and has my little notes scribbled in the margin from when I began using it in earnest a few years later. I got more entertaining Time Life books on the Human Body and lots of books on biology and science. I thought he was trying to tell me he thought I should be a doctor and for a long time that was my goal.

I didn't figure out for 5 years that he was just avoiding having to tell me about sex!

18. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

Lol :) Makes life interesting though by the sounds of it :)

19. dolfette

Gold Member

i did the book thing, but still initiate conversations.
    and my girl is way more imaginative than you!
    we've had the ''how do they turn transexuals into women?'' conversation, right down to the details of surgery.

i think it's the conversation that's important...if she knows how to talk about these things then she's more likely to talk to her doctor.

20. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

Wow! I certainly never thought to ask about that one! It wasn't in my book either :)

Draft saved Draft deleted