tanning bed burn?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by HairyTXdude, May 25, 2011.

1. HairyTXdude

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    So I found out monday that I will be leaving with my family on a surprise boating trip on the 26th. Usually I'll lay outside and tan before I go for a few weeks to get a decent tan so I wont burn but with summer semester of college, I dont get out during the day much So I decided to go try tanning beds. Monday I went and did it and nothing happened. So tuesday I talked to the workers and they suggested since it takes a while for me to tan or burn usually that I just increase my time by 2 minutes and use a slight accelerator lotion. So when I got out I barely saw I difference. A few hours ago I went to take a shower and my ass and back are burnt. Thats the only parts of my body that even changed, I didn't get tan else where and my dick didn't even burn which is what I was worried about. But anyway Does anyone know a way to get rid of the burn QUICKLY and save my skin for my trip. I am allergic to Aloe vera and milk So I can't use either of those.

2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

If you promise never to go near a tanning bed again I'll tell you...
    If it's a mild burn it will be better in a few days, if it's more severe it could take up to two weeks and you will need to avoid sun exposure all together while your skin is healing. (because that's what it needs to do; you have damaged it)
    1. Take a cool bath and add some oatmeal to the water.
    2. Take an over-the-counter pain reliever, such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
    3. Use a hydrocortisone cream to reduce inflammation and ease discomfort. Low-dose hydrocortisone creams are available in most drugstores.
    4. Take another cool bath and add Witch Hazel to the water. (Make some cold compresses with Witch Hazel (In the freezer) spot burns
    5. Drink a lot of water to keep yourself hydrated.

3. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

I warned you about that shit last week and you didn't listen. Follow Nudey's instructions, especially the part about AVOIDING EXPOSURE. Sunburns are stupid. Stay out of the sun; it will kill you if you let it.

4. midlifebear

Gold Member

Tanning beds are just another way of saying "cancer in a box.'

5. D_Dollie Dumplings

D_Dollie Dumplings New Member

Australian Emu Oil. It is an anti-inflammatory oil that is good for burns. It is very thick but very good.:smile:

6. HairyTXdude

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Are tanning bed really that bad for you?

7. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    YES!!!

Ain't you learned from this?

(Ignoring the advice of yr elders is understandable in a guy yr age, but not learning from yr own experience is just plain stupid. /harsh)

Oh, and in the old days we used calamine lotion for sunburn. Cooling and soothing.

#7 MarkLondon, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  8. nudeyorker

Gold Member

9. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Not if you smoke cigarettes and crack. You should try all three together.

10. seffnerman

seffnerman Member

Albums:
    tanning bed are very bad for you.i use to use them and then i got were i went to get spray tanned i went way to far even on that a got were my skin was orange and on top of the bad color it almost glowed thats why i'm pale most of the time i had to let the spray color completely fade some people at the gym still joke around to me about it

Draft saved Draft deleted