Tanning (summer thread)

dannyrankin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
"Summertime and the livin's easy..." Summer is here! and it's pretty warm where I am. How's your tan right now? Do any of you folks go out to the beach or outside to tan? Have you been working on it? And what do you think of tanning salons?

I got a serious farmer's tan right now. I'm thinking about going out to the beach regularly now that it's really warming up. I'm a novice surfer and I like skimming, so I usually get my tan that way. I don't really like to just lay out and tan--I'm usually doing something active--and I can't stand tanning salons. Never really understood them.

JHset21

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
scew paying money to tan bro. It deppends on how well you tan but it only takes a day of swimming for me to get dark.

tanning salons are only good for full nude tanning imo. soo if you dont live by a nude beach or have a back yard its a good choice. try sun tan lotions.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I get a tan doing yard work in Hawaii year round. I have a fairly decent tan now because we went to Sandy Hook last week in NJ. I would never go to a tanning salon when sunshine is free.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Looking into tanning booths tomorrow - white as a saltine cracker and just burn in the sun.

Hoping for some lotions and potions to help the skin tan.
Heard of a thing called a "Tingler" - supposed to excite the pigment in your skin to help with a deeper tan - but we'll see.

For people that have a Fab body - your right...beaches and backyards. FOr those of us not so genetically lucky - the tanner is an option.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's the stupidest thing on the face of the earth. I'm not trying to sound like I witch I'm just trying to warn you it's not good for you. I used to tan all the time. I'm in my 20's right now I'm pale as milk. I use spf 75 on my body and 100 on my face. I just had a "mole" removed and I'm waiting for the results. Seriously don't go to the tanning bed.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's the stupidest thing on the face of the earth. I'm not trying to sound like I witch I'm just trying to warn you it's not good for you. I used to tan all the time. I'm in my 20's right now I'm pale as milk. I use spf 75 on my body and 100 on my face. I just had a "mole" removed and I'm waiting for the results. Seriously don't go to the tanning bed.

This :smile:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My roommate, here in Ft Lauderdale, is so anxious about looking great and consistently tanned for the Stonewall Gay Pride celebrations/parade we're having this month that he's going to a tanning place :eek:

Bear in mind: he's plenty tan, mostly from doing yardwork. But it's not consistent enough for him. He really is dumb as a box of hair sometimes.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah I only did it for about 6 mths a couple of years ago, because I was listening to someone tell me I was to pale. Imagine that and now when I grow balls and say screw you (silently) I have to worry about something. Tanning isn't worth it. Take care of your skin. Plus you don't want to look like a dried up shoe in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

big_tits4big_dicks

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I use a spf, but I still tan, I'm Italian. My deep tan comes from Fake Bake. I don't lay out because of skin cancer, but I'm embarrassed to say that's not even the real reason. The big reason is because I know a lot of women that used to tan all the time with lotions and stuff. They look like a fucking leather muppet. And dr's can't help, luckily my generation knows more about skin care, so when we are old we will not need acid peels, or face lifts ;D

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I stand with Submissivegirl83, I'm paying for all those years out in the sun with every year a trip to the skin doctor. :(

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
My tan is a bit darker than I want it to be. I rarely go outside between the hours of 10AM and 4PM, and I always wear 30SPF sunscreen when I go out, unless I'm going out at night and know I'm going to be back by morning.

My heart is still broken from losing my best friend to malignant melanoma a couple of years ago. The sun kills. I am not going to spend a minute more in the sun that I have to, especially not in the name of vanity.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Got me a Farmers/outdoor workers tan going on- arms, face, and neck all getting tanned very nicely, TYVFM. Gonna work on getting more coverage when the town pool opens next month. Pity there isn't any real private space in my apt complex-I'd love to sunbath for a complete tan.:sad: Uh, all with sunblock SPF 40.

Last edited:
D

deleted3782

I live in a fairly sunny place, and I like short sleeve shirts and shorts...so when its warm, extremities tend to get a bit darker. My trunk and nether regions usually stay nice and white (farmer's tan) and I don't care about it anymore. It used to bother me a little when I was younger. I will likely visit the beach soon and will slather on some SPF 50+, the late May sun is as strong as late July already, burning is easy. And as for laying out in the sun, I used to dabble in that (I also encouraged my hair to bleach blonder) but I've become lazier as I've gotten older and putting effort into such things year after year is pointless to me.

All that being said, a naturally tan guy...with an ethnic background that can handle it (Mediterranean, Indian, etc) is very very hawt. An ethnically light guy is also very very hawt without a tan.

D_Dollie Dumplings

Just Browsing
Media
My tan is a bit darker than I want it to be. I rarely go outside between the hours of 10AM and 4PM, and I always wear 30SPF sunscreen when I go out, unless I'm going out at night and know I'm going to be back by morning.

My heart is still broken from losing my best friend to malignant melanoma a couple of years ago. The sun kills. I am not going to spend a minute more in the sun that I have to, especially not in the name of vanity.

This sounds like me. Although I am permanently brown year round, I avoid the sun between 10am and 4pm. I do my exercise either early in the AM if I get up on time or if I'm feeling lazy, I wait until about 7pm and do it then and I always have my SPF30 on. I finally found a sunscreen that isn't thick as molasses or gives me that White cast on my face. I'll be at the beach on Memorial Day and will be spending most of the time under the umbrella, my skin is in tip-top shape and I plan to be just like my grandmother, in my 80s with not a wrinkle in sight!

D_Dollie Dumplings

Just Browsing
Media

I pray that your mole is non-cancerous.:smile:

Last edited:
D

deleted213967

I would understand why people (who are not naturally darker) would want a tan for looks, 30 years ago.

But today?

Anyone can access Google, type 2 words, click a button, find out for himself/herself that tanning is the most efficient method of vast aging acceleration, to say nothing of cancer.

What baffles me the most is people who spend all their time and money trying to maintain or achieve youthful looks and then refer to a tan as "healthy".

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm really pale. I don't tan, just go bright red then back to pale White again if I don't use sun lotion.

I'm in the minority but I actually find tanned women less attractive. Pale White is hot!