Tante Yvonne

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff: Jokes, Quizzes, Games & Pics' started by mindseye, Apr 22, 2005.

1. mindseye

Gold Member

I believe this story is apocryphal, but it's cute anyway.

In 1945, shortly after Charles de Gaulle became the leader of the post-Vichy provisional government in France, he and his wife Yvonne were invited to the White House to meet with President Truman. There was a lot to discuss -- the victory in Europe, the ongoing war with Japan, the rebuilding of France, war reparations, etc.

The night they arrived, they were treated to a lavish banquet at the White House. At the banquet, General de Gaulle offered a toast to President Truman. Then, Yvonne stood up to offer her toast. "And I would like to offer a toast to First Lady Bess. My English is not so good, but I wish to express that we too wish for a peaceful and glorious future. Madame Truman, may you be filled with a penis."

There was an awkward, stunned silence.

Then Charles de Gaulle leaned over and whispered, "Yvonne, ma cherie, I believe the word is pronounced happiness."

2. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

:lol: I think that use that line in the Beverly Hillbillies movie when the french tutor was saying "Happiness (A penis) is hard to find".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice