TARP IG:Obama's Economic Fixes Could Cost TaxPayers Hundreds of Billions or Trillions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trinity, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Trinity

Trinity New Member

The Obama Administration's measures to stabilize the economy need to be changed before we spend ourselves into oblivion according to the Special Inspector General of the TARP Program.

We have been warned that this spending is unsustainable.

AFP

ABC News

2. Trinity

Trinity New Member

So...none of the Obama backers are concerned about what Obama's own Treasury Dept is saying about the TARP program? Just keeping spending money we don't have?

3. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    More stealth racism, honey? I notice you tuck this up two days ago, and got only me to answer. Maybe you are on "ignore."

4. Trinity

Trinity New Member

So I take it your response means you aren't concerned about what Obama's own Treasury Dept is saying about the TARP program? Just keep spending money we don't have?

5. D_Fortumus Wigglesack

Why is the TARP suddenly obama's project now? I guess I missed the part where it turned out Obama used his Flux Capacitor in 2009 to travel back to 2008 and usurp Bush's power to pass a bill 4 months prior to taking office.

Wait, what?

6. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Actually, Bush and Paulson & Co conceived the bill and passed it - but the Obama Admin made several revisions and determined how a lot of the dollars were ultimately utilized.

That said, Geithner is probably doing a better job of quarterbacking the funds than Paulson would have; however, instead of repaying the treasury with many of the repaid TARP funds - they are just cycling it back into more spending.

And that, I think, is the point of this thread.

7. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    No, the thread is intended to smear Obama some more.

8. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Obama's own Treasury Department presents a warning in a report and somehow its smear against Obama. :rolleyes:

Are any Obama supporters concerned about the TARP program under Obama could cost us hundreds of Billions if not Trillions?

9. sargon20

Gold Member

Every single thread since the Entity Known as Trinity joined the site has been so smear Obama. Notice how it as left the birther thread alone since that was an 1000 post waste.

10. midlifebear

Gold Member

Oh, that's right. Dear He/She and Holy It, how's that birther gate thing goin' for ya?

11. Trinity

Trinity New Member

So...you're not worried about the TARP fund costing the American Taxpayers Hundreds of Billions? So now Obama's own Treasury Dept is smearing him huh?:rolleyes:

12. justasimpleguy

justasimpleguy Active Member

Albums:
    Huh? Huh? Aren't you afraid? Be fucking afraid of the big scary black man in the White House. Be afraid and angry. Just like me.

I guess conservatives don't know what to do when they've tried scaring the crap out of people for 8 years and it just isn't working too well anymore. Not that they haven't been at this fear-mongering for decades, but the latest episode was something else. War on Terror...please.

13. sargon20

Gold Member

Diversion. So how is that birther thing of yours going? You had 200+ posts in that thread. All over now? When are the impeachment proceedings to begin?

#13 sargon20, Mar 23, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  14. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

No, we're going to tax the wealthy to pay for it, since they were the ones who pocketed all of the money the country gave them through tax breaks, that they promised would be invested into the nations' businesses and would 'trickle down' through the economy to everyone else...

So, if you're a high earner, then that's tough shit for you. And if you don't like it, then I invite you to go to Costa Rica with Rush. We'll just tax the hell out of your assets when you try to offshore them.

#14 B_talltpaguy, Mar 23, 2010
  15. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

What are you referring to? The tiny reduction in income tax rates passed by Bush?

The reductions for the low to middle income were, from a percentage standpoint, considerably greater cuts than those for the wealthy.

There are a number of ways around Obama's assault on high income earners. Since he's driving up the limits on FICA, most will just incorporate and cut off their W-2; and take the rest of the income as a distribution from the corp and thereby avoid that tax.

Most will convert IRA's into Roth's this year because there are no income restrictions. Thus all future growth will escape any taxation at all - regardless of the assault the Democrats will make on hard working larger earners.

More money will be directed into insurance products - which grow tax free, etc. Municipal bonds, etc.

Most of us have seen this coming since Obama's election, and have been planning and strategizing ways to avoid this assault on successful and hard working people.

The libs think they are shaking the high income earners down to extricate more cash to be doled out; but in reality, not much more will actually be stolen/robbed from the rich.

Because they are still a helluva lot smarter than anyone in Washington.

16. therarity84

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Umm....hello guys and gals :wave:

Just stepping in to point this out...again. These questions have been brought up numerous times but I've yet to see a response or even an acknowledgement. I'm quite sure everyone has seen the inquiries as there have been responses to tallpaguy and others. However, all posts after that seem to overlook or ignore them. Just wanted to pull it back to the forefront. Once they have been acknowledged, then we can actually progress. Merci beaucoup!

So....aaaagain....Star?...Trinity?...anyone? :confused:

#16 therarity84, Mar 23, 2010
  17. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

^They're trolls, pure and simple... I would bet money that at least one of them is a paid shill.

Frankly, every regular here should protest to the site's Admin to do something about banning serial trolls, since the moderation staff won't do a damn thing to maintain order. Lacking that, the next choice is to leave the site. No other online community I frequent allows this sort of behavior to occur over and over and over, and nobody here should feel compelled to put up with it. There are other sites to talk politics, without discussion being constantly derailed by serial trolls.

18. B_hijack

B_hijack New Member

If one pays for a service and gets something in return, that money isn't "lost."

This measure is simply an extension of Bush's Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008.

19. MovingForward

MovingForward Member

When something cost billions, but in the long run will save you trillions is it not better

20. therarity84

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I second that...

Draft saved Draft deleted