TARP IG:Obama's Economic Fixes Could Cost TaxPayers Hundreds of Billions or Trillions

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Umm....hello guys and gals :wave:

However, all posts after that seem to overlook or ignore them. Just wanted to pull it back to the forefront.
So....aaaagain....Star?...Trinity?...anyone? :confused:

what am I overlooking? You want a response to the birther remark?

I haven't even posted in the birther thread.

finsuptx

Expert Member
Media
^They're trolls, pure and simple... I would bet money that at least one of them is a paid shill.

Frankly, every regular here should protest to the site's Admin to do something about banning serial trolls, since the moderation staff won't do a damn thing to maintain order. Lacking that, the next choice is to leave the site. No other online community I frequent allows this sort of behavior to occur over and over and over, and nobody here should feel compelled to put up with it. There are other sites to talk politics, without discussion being constantly derailed by serial trolls.

Please post some options for other "good" discussion sites, I agree with you.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
When something cost billions, but in the long run will save you trillions is it not better

Unless you don't make it to "the long run." :rolleyes:

Did you read the two sources and comprehend? As of right now TARP is costing taxpayers hundreds of Billions...due to unchecked spending it could cost us Trillions in the long run not saving us...costing us.

ebillion

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I believe it is the Bush TARP legacy, not the Obama TARP, since it was the GW Bush administration and political party that made it necessary.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
I believe it is the Bush TARP legacy, not the Obama TARP, since it was the GW Bush administration and political party that made it necessary.

Nope. Bush's legacy must include how the Republicans lacked fiscal restraint and how his administration left this country is serious economic trouble however, the President that came after Bush is responsible for his own policies and administration.

The 2008 election was all about the problems this nation faced. Nobody made Obama run. He chose to run. He said he had the "blueprint" to fix the problems. Obama's administration of his half of the TARP program and all the other economic programs tied to TARP and the banking system under the Obama administration...that's on OBAMA. If he didn't know how to effectively address the problems without putting us further in a hole and costing the American people Billions or Trillions then that's definitely not "change you can believe in" - it's more like the Audacity of HYPE.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Nope. Bush's legacy must include how the Republicans lacked fiscal restraint and how his administration left this country is serious economic trouble however, the President that came after Bush is responsible for his own policies and administration.

The 2008 election was all about the problems this nation faced. Nobody made Obama run. He chose to run. He said he had the "blueprint" to fix the problems. Obama's administration of his half of the TARP program and all the other economic programs tied to TARP and the banking system under the Obama administration...that's on OBAMA. If he didn't know how to effectively address the problems without putting us further in a hole and costing the American people Billions or Trillions then that's definitely not "change you can believe in" - it's more like the Audacity of HYPE.
You poor thing........you're sounding more desparate by the day

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
You poor thing........you're sounding more desparate by the day

Nope. The ones who are desperate are in Obama's Administration.

They sold their souls to get that terrible mistake of a bill. Obama once again had to beg Bill Clinton to save his butt and persuade the remaining Congress holdouts - demonstrating just what an ineffective President he is. :rolleyes:

Housing is still in crisis, Obama is deficit spending like it is going out of style, the $861 Stimulus was a waste, more "jobs bills" add to the deficit, unemployment still at record levels, Medicare still insolvent, Social Security still bankrupt, Banks still failing, FDIC in the red, Healthcare that will cost billions...

The Dems are out in November for being stupid.

Umm....hello guys and gals :wave:

Just stepping in to point this out...again. These questions have been brought up numerous times but I've yet to see a response or even an acknowledgement. I'm quite sure everyone has seen the inquiries as there have been responses to tallpaguy and others. However, all posts after that seem to overlook or ignore them. Just wanted to pull it back to the forefront. Once they have been acknowledged, then we can actually progress. Merci beaucoup!

So....aaaagain....Star?...Trinity?...anyone? :confused:

Every single thread since the Entity Known as Trinity joined the site has been so smear Obama. Notice how it as left the birther thread alone since that was an 1000 post waste.

Oh, that's right. Dear He/She and Holy It, how's that birther gate thing goin' for ya?

Diversion. So how is that birther thing of yours going? You had 200+ posts in that thread. All over now? When are the impeachment proceedings to begin?

I feel so left out, Trinity. You acknowledged and responded to everyone's post but mine. :frown1:

So here they are again, in case it was an honest mistake. It's okay. We all make 'em. I still love ya! :wink:

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
On the actual topic:

TARP's Deadbeat Bank List Continues to Climb
Even as more firms try to feed at the trough of subsidized government capital, it seems clear that a lot of the banks that have received government capital were not worth the risk. My updated paper “TARP’s Deadbeat Banks,” which was reported in the Washington Post last Thursday, lists eighty-two banks that failed to make their dividend or interest payments to taxpayers. This is up from the fifty-six banks missing dividend and interest payments in November.

There clearly need to be changes in the TARP program.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I feel so left out, Trinity. You acknowledged and responded to everyone's post but mine. :frown1:

So here they are again, in case it was an honest mistake. It's okay. We all make 'em. I still love ya! :wink:
It's because the Birther Queen's latest plan includes being elected Secretary of State of california and then try to keep Obama off the ballot, besides the obvious that she has a snowball's chance in hell at being elected, she will have to do so from Jail where she says she will go for NOT paying the Court the 20,000 dollars in sanctions levied against her for being a Twit.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And conceived of it, and signed it into law, and defined its execution, and distributed almost all of the funds.

Pretty much the only thing the Obama Administration has done to TARP is close some of the Bush loopholes, and hound the banksters to pay back the money, or else.

Last edited:

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's been known since day 1 that a good deal of TARP wouldn't be recovered due to valueless assets...hardly anything to blame Obama for being that Paulson implemented TARP and then completely changed the terms after it became law...the old bait 'n switch...they got us good

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

You're right... We should have elected John "The fundamentals of our economy are strong" McCain and Caribou Barbie... Because they oh so clearly could have done soooo much better!

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
It's been known since day 1 that a good deal of TARP wouldn't be recovered due to valueless assets...hardly anything to blame Obama for being that Paulson implemented TARP and then completely changed the terms after it became law...the old bait 'n switch...they got us good

You know very well Obama made speeches that TARP was going to be paid back to the American people with interest...:rolleyes: The following explains Obama and his administration's misrepresentations and wrong doing in TARP and entire financial stabilization:

OBAMA's TARP LIE - Youtube

D

deleted15807

^They're trolls, pure and simple... I would bet money that at least one of them is a paid shill.

Ohh there is NO DOUBT about that. It stays on message all the time. Never wavering, never derailed from the task at hand....bashing Obama and as an aside the democrats.

B_hijack

Experimental Member
Media
They sold their souls to get that terrible mistake of a bill. Obama once again had to beg Bill Clinton to save his butt and persuade the remaining Congress holdouts - demonstrating just what an ineffective President he is. :rolleyes:

Thanks to Obama, one one of the most groundbreaking bills in U.S. history will pass... in a little over a year of presidency! This is unprecedented!

I'll admit, I was staring to wonder about Obama's leadership, but his success speaks for itself.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Thanks to Obama, one one of the most groundbreaking bills in U.S. history will pass... in a little over a year of presidency! This is unprecedented!

I'll admit, I was staring to wonder about Obama's leadership, but his success speaks for itself.

That's not leadership. Obama passing a bad bill that is going to hurt America is not leadership - it is irresponsibility of the highest magnitude.

Just because Obama and the Dems got their way doesn't mean that it is a success. Enacting another unpaid for entitlement program when no solution has been found for the insolvency of Medicare and Social Security is mismanagement and a lack of leadership that could lead to our collapse.

Obama simply wants to be able to say he did something no other President could do...however Obama did the wrong thing.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
^Yes, preventing 30 million Americans from ever having to choose between financial ruin or premature death is 'bad leadership'. Declaring that wealthy corporate interests can no longer choose to kill us because it pays more is 'bad leadership'. Finally granting taxpaying American citizens the same basic right to medical attention that we give our criminals and wounded enemies on the battlefield is 'bad leadership'.

Let me ask you a Fox News style question... How long have you been a sociopath, and what are the names of the prescription drugs that you have been neglecting to take lately?

Last edited:

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
^Yes, preventing 30 million Americans from ever having to choose between financial ruin or premature death is 'bad leadership'. Declaring that wealthy corporate interests can no longer choose to kill us because it pays more is 'bad leadership'. Finally granting taxpaying American citizens the same basic right to medical attention that we give our criminals and wounded enemies on the battlefield is 'bad leadership'.

He did it the wrong way and that's why it's bad leadership. Just because he had good intentions doesn't mean it absolves him from implementing a bad bill for our country. 30 million people still face financial ruin until 2014. 30 million people still face premature death until 2014. Obama could have worked on private health insurance reform with the Republicans without this government take over which increases the deficit and grows the IRS to go after Americans.

Let me ask you a Fox News style question... How long have you been a sociopath, and what are the names of the prescription drugs that you have been neglecting to take lately?

Ask yourself. Your post with the racial slur and the subsequent one you erased demonstrates you need to be asking yourself that. :rolleyes: